Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    Tammy- glad the 2 pounds are gone! Great job with your carb intake. It's nice to know that you can have that flexibility with going higher occasionally on the carbs. Once you get into ketosis and your body utilizes your fat as fuel it should go in and out of carb burning to fat burning naturally. I also read that some people can go as high as 100 g of carbs without going out of ketosis.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    14/21 after today we'll be 2/3's done with the challenge! Hopefully this will establish a fantastic habit of eating Keto! Always nice to challenge ourselves it revitalizes our commitment to this way of eating. Especially for me since I really am addicted to carbs. Thanks for participating!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 this has been a good challenge and very helpful. Do you think we could do another round? Or at least when you get back to Minnesota?

Yesterday was a great day. I even made Keto Chocolate Chip cookies...yum!!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda yes I will be doing another challenge in August. During the summer in Minnesota I'll probably be carb heavy during events and social gatherings so I will need to tighten up my diet when we get back to Arizona. Then I also like to do it post Thanksgiving and pre Christmas! I find that I do much better if I do this challenge 3-4 times a year!

15/21 The first day of our last week of the challenge! Today and tomorrow I am eating homemade chicken bone broth mainly as a cleanse. I will still reach my macros and close to my calorie amount because I add butter to the broth. Very yummy to sip on warm chicken broth in my yeti cup! Weight is staying about the same over the weekend fluctuated up-and-down so hopefully by the end of the week I will have a loss! My official weigh-in will be on Monday morning.

Have a fantastic Keto day everyone!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    16/21 yesterday went really well with my chicken bone broth cleanse. I'm hoping to rid my body of any glycogen stores and hopefully burn my fat stores! One more day of this and I know my body will be in ketosis for sure! I'm pretty sure it already is but, I left my test strips in Minnesota. Have a fantastic day everyone!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Been sure busy at work and home the last few days but still working at it! I hope the broth cleanse works for you @fanncy0626 I did almost 0 carbs a few weeks ago for 5 days and boy did the weight drop. I really need to do that again as my weight is jumping all over the place :)

• fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda my cleanse went well. I'm sure I am in ketosis now. I know when we focus on low carbs that our bodies do burn the fat. This is the only diet where I feel I can actually see the fat disappearing.

17/21 my two day cleanse went well! No significant weight loss but I feel that I will have some great progress by the end of the week. I do believe I am in fat burning mode. Today I am going to have barbecue pork ribs and spaghetti squash for supper. Looking forward to that! I think the mistake that I used to make is trying to still eat my sweets. I would try to make substitutes for my cookies and cakes and that just made me crave carbs more. Now I find that by just focusing on real foods I do a lot better. I think it's just a big mind game!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Yesterday was another good day. Had some very good Grass Run Farms hot dogs for supper last night. BOY they were good! I had them in a low carb wrap with mustard and a side salad. Tonight..ribeye I do believe :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    18/21 I really enjoyed eating yesterday after my 2 day cleanse. We'll probably be eating leftovers today! Pork ribs with half of a sweet potato for supper. I love the halibut spread that my husband made with avocado oil Mayo! Very delicious and spread on celery it fits the macros perfectly! Not losing yet this week even with my cleanse. The last 10 pounds is hanging on!

@carlsoda I'm glad that you are doing well with this challenge! I love hotdogs. Steak sounds delicious!

• fanncy0626
    Options
    19/21 I had a fantastic day yesterday! My weight is holding steady. I'm hoping I have another drop tomorrow so I can be close to my goal weight by Monday! It's not the eating of this type of food that is hard to do it is controlling my mind to not be craving other types of foods or feeling restricted. I am hoping to eventually get to the point where I am not constantly thinking about food or dieting.

• fanncy0626
    Options
    20/21 I dropped 1.2 pounds yesterday for a total of 8.8 pounds and my husband dropped 13.6 pounds! Since I started this challenge my weight has dropped and I have been waking up 2 to 3 hours earlier in the morning ready to go for the day. I don't have that sluggish feeling or full gut feeling that I get from eating carbs. I should say that this is a very successful three week start to the summer!

I hope everyone else is doing fantastic as well!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Great job with the loss and the extra energy!! That’s exactly what is supposed to happen!!

I have had some good days. I don’t want to jinx myself but my sugar cravings are slowly fading away. Yesterday when we got home from shopping in the cities I was starving and remembered I had sardines in marinara sauce. It hit the spot until I could get my chicken wings cooked up! I love not feeling “addicted” to anything!
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2018
    Options
    21/21 last day of the challenge! Thanks for going on this with me! @carlsoda so glad that everything is going well for you! It's nice to be able to tighten up the eating and reap the benefits from it! Now to continue to attempt to walk the straight and narrow path with a few planned and unplanned bumps in the road!

I will be shutting down this thread and will be communicating on the Keto thread! Meet me and others there!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10622993/daily-check-in-for-keto-friends-volume-3#latest
  • fayleneromsa
    fayleneromsa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just trying to join the group
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Just trying to join the group

Hi! Glad that you made it! This is an old thred but I will be re-opening it for a challenge in the fall. You can look at all the information on it if you have questions go ahead and use this because it will come up on my Web site.

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    B
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    Options