Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    6/21 yesterday went well! I had to switch around my food option to couple times in order to get my macros right. Today my weight was the same as yesterday. Not too worried love this way of eating! Going to the movies today so I will preplan great snacks!

@carlsoda do you live in Minnesota then? My kids live in Elk River and Minnetonka area. Nice to be close to the cities but not too close. We live way up in Walker. We like the touristy area!

Mary
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 Yup! I am out by Waconia...in the middle of this blizzard
  • carlsoda
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Lost half my post - stupid MFP!

Yesterday was good thanks to having lots of low carb food options. I also picked up some low carb cereal (nuts and seeds) YUM!

Another day of snow so sticking home!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda stay in where you are safe! We'll be back during Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully it will stop snowing by then! Glad everything is going well for you eating wise! Love your Keto cereal.

7/21 yesterday went fine for me. I am finding that I am not very hungry anymore. The cravings are slowing down. Today I am looking forward to eating an egg and bacon and cheese omelette! We moved to a different lot at our RV resort so will be busy setting that up today. I find if I keep busy I don't even think about food.

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    8/21 yay! We made it through one week! I know I said that I generally eat the same foods which if you have looked at my diary you would agree. Generally Whole Foods and nuts! I'm holding steady on my weight. I don't have a lot of Fat to lose so my weight loss from this point on might only amount to a pound a week. I'm OK with that.

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! We are 1/3 of the way done! The reason I chose 21 days is that is how long it generally takes to develop a habit. Hopefully after this everybody will be in the habit of eating a keto diet! Good luck this week!

Mary
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Great job @fanncy0626 you'll definitely get there eating whole foods!

I have been doing pretty good but I've decided to tighten up a bit more on my food. Carbs have been good but calories too high for my liking (and age). So I started today with 2 eggs and 2 slices of sugar free bacon with some collagen protein in my coffee. Lunch is a can of tuna mixed with 3 tbsp's of mayo and some celery. I think I'll do a good job staying full :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @carlsoda your food choices sound delicious! I am thinking of tightening up a little bit more today as well. I was a little carb heavy yesterday. I just need to control my cravings! It's the hidden carbs that add up for me. We went to Rudy's barbecue and picked up pulled pork that had way too many carbs per serving. I think I have to give up convenience and make all my food items at home.

9/21 yesterday was a good day. Like I said a little carb heavy. No weight loss. I am going to be waiting for the big swoosh! I made deviled eggs yesterday which I could eat every day of the year! I like to have them around as snack food items. I do eat a lot of eggs because it's pretty much the perfect keto macro count. I didn't even give them up when they were saying they were so bad because of the cholesterol.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary
  • elenabaltodano
    elenabaltodano Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is this challenge still going?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Is this challenge still going?

Yes! Today is 10/21 almost half way into it. You are welcome to join us! Just check in daily and ask questions or report how you are doing! We can give advice if needed.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Yesterday was an amazing day! Oh my goodness Total carbs: 15, Net Carbs: 9! Today will be a repeat! I bought some organic chicken wings from Costco last night and made up two of the packages. We had wings last night for supper and I have enough left for my lunches for the rest of the week. Tonight I think we'll have ribeye steak! I also bought some lite salt this morning on my way in to work and adding it to my water. Sodium and Potassium to keep my electrolytes balanced! They say this also reduces carb cravings. I can believe it as carbs contain so much sodium!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda I love wings! You just gave my husband a job! I'll have him pick some up! Great idea! Your supper for tonight sounds fantastic as well. I have never added salt to my water. How does it taste? I do add extra salt to my food to keep my electrolytes balanced. I used to also take a bath in Epson salt to absorb it through my skin. But we only have a shower now! I have to wait till we get back to Minnesota to take a bath!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @tamlou89 sorry to hear that! Great plan for today though!

10/21 we're almost halfway through the three week challenge. Think of this as trying to develop and improve on good habits. Also it would be a great time to check out different food items. I love the different sites that have pictures of peoples dinners and recipes! My weight has now been fluctuating up-and-down so I am going to wait until Sunday for a two week weigh in. It's a little depressing when you've been good all day and we yourself the next day and there is no change or goes up!

Mary
  • carlsoda
    Options
    @tamlou89 - we all have those days so don't beat yourself up. Dust yourself off and get back on plan!

@fanncy0626 - I love instagram for keto meals/recipes.

Yesterday was another great day, but higher in carbs as I had a Quest carb. Total Carbs 47, Net Carbs: 14

There's a store in the cities call Fresh Thyme and they have frozen all natural grassfed beef. I made a burger in a bowl last night and it was delicious. Very good quality meat! I'll be buying more to stock up the freezer!

• carlsoda
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @carlsoda I love wings! You just gave my husband a job! I'll have him pick some up! Great idea! Your supper for tonight sounds fantastic as well. I have never added salt to my water. How does it taste? I do add extra salt to my food to keep my electrolytes balanced. I used to also take a bath in Epson salt to absorb it through my skin. But we only have a shower now! I have to wait till we get back to Minnesota to take a bath!

I just mix it in with my no carb pink lemonade stevia water drops and mix it up. It tastes better actually with a little salt/potassium!
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2018
    Options
    11/21 we are now officially half through three week challenge to tighten up our keto eating style! Thanks @carlsoda for your lemonade recipe! Your burger in the bowl sounds delicious. I might do that this weekend. I still crave coke and donuts but I do love eating this type of food. So nice to have others along for the ride!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    12/21 we had a rotisserie chicken for supper yesterday. My husband took the bones and made chicken broth out of it. I am planning on having Monday and Tuesday of next week being chicken broth days. I add butter to it to make it fit the keto macros. It's kind of like a cleanse for me. And my weight is at the low from last week and hopefully by tomorrow I will drop more. And my husband is at an all time low for him. Maybe next week he will be in one-derland! I hope everyone else is doing fantastic with this eating style. I love the simplicity of this way of eating. Fatty protein with a little vegetable.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great @fanncy0626

So far today has been going well...tomorrow we are going to a birthday party. Please pray for me :#:)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda I definitely will be praying for you to have strength to resist the carbs! Have fun at the birthday party! Maybe a bite of cake if you can do that! Or take a piece home and freeze it for an off day. Alcohol is harder to resist but if you have to mixed drinks with diet can be Keto friendly. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Luckily I have never really liked alcohol - never had more than 2 drinks in the same day in my 53 years! Now sugar that’s a different story. Yesterday was going strong until supper. I had brought a medium pizza home for me and hubs and I was just going to eat the toppings. We didn’t eat until 7:30 so I was starving and at that point didn’t care about the carbs and enjoyed my gluten free thin crust. At least it could have been a lot worse! Today is a new day and back to low carbs!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    13/21 Congratulations to my husband he made it to onederland today. Since we started prepping for our three week keto challenge he has lost a total of 13.2 pounds! I have also been doing well I have lost a total of 7.6 pounds! Love this way of eating because the results are indisputable. Weekends are always harder because of social activities. You can generally always find something to eat that fits the plan! If not just dust off yourself and just get back on the wagon!

@carlsoda i've been through the same thing before where I am just starving and I have eaten everything in my sight! Have a fantastic day at the birthday party! And I would definitely have a bite of that birthday cake if I were you!

Mary