Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I'm in and perfect timing, I am ready to really commit to this lifestyle and 3 weeks will be a great start! I have been relying too much on low carb protein bars and such and I need to stick with more real foods...low carb of course!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    @JoyfullMommy006 fantastic! I know that it works really well for weight loss as well as having many health benefits!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    I'm in and perfect timing, I am ready to really commit to this lifestyle and 3 weeks will be a great start! I have been relying too much on low carb protein bars and such and I need to stick with more real foods...low carb of course!

Awesome! It's nice to have others to go through this challenge with!
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Time to start prepping for the challenge. One week of prep then strict logging and nutritional guidelines should be followed. Tomorrow my goal is to try to log everything I eat. Make sure that my cupboards are clean from high carb treats. I will start eating very low carb so that my transition next Monday will be very easy. Sometime this week make sure that you weigh yourself as well as take measurements.
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Challenge Goals

1. Nutrition goals of Fat 75%, Protein 20%, Carbs 5%
    2. Log foods daily
    3. Exercise daily
    4. Move more sit less

These are my goals for the month.

• fanncy0626
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Day one of my goals went well! Slowly weaning myself off of the carbs. In preparation for 9/4 when the three week challenge starts. Today I am going to shop for foods that I can eat during this challenge. I need to pick up a couple dozen eggs. That is usually a daily food item for me. I like bacon egg and cheese omelettes and deviled eggs for my snack item. This diet is more about the people food that you are eating rather than the amount of calories you're taking in. More like if it fits my macros IIFMM I will be eating whenever I get the urge I will make sure I have snacks on hand that fit the Keto diet.
  • gingersnappss
    gingersnappss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do you join the challenge? Am I too late?
  • fanncy0626
    Options

Just join in on the conversation! Starting day is Monday the 9th. Right now get prepped for food and write a list of your goals! You can post them here if you want. I am slowly decreasing my carbs. If you are new to Keto then read the previous posts for suggestions and advice!

Mary
  • carlsoda
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Just join in on the conversation! Starting day is Monday the 9th. Right now get prepped for food and write a list of your goals! You can post them here if you want. I am slowly decreasing my carbs. If you are new to Keto then read the previous posts for suggestions and advice!

Mary

I am doing the same thing. After Easter the sugar monster woke up and I'm working to tame him down! :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda well then we can tame that monster together! It's nice to have other people around that are going through the same challenge!

I was so hungry for something sweet yesterday! Those sugar cravings really are hard to beat down. I am happy to report that I survived the challenge. If you have been off of keto or are new to Keto I do suggest that you wean yourself off of carbs this week. I have found that if I ease myself back into this way of eating I do not get what people call the keto flu. The hardest thing for me is my mind adjusting it to not crave sugar. I should say Donuts and Coke and candy and brownies… not so much the other carbs like potatoes even though I do miss those. And one thing that I am going to focus on this time is that I can eat 20 g of healthy carbs. And I do love vegetables! A few post back I put links to food examples and they really do give a lot of good ideas!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Mary
  • gingersnappss
    gingersnappss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @fancy0626, thanks I look forward to it!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Maria Emmerich is having a 30 day keto cleanse starting on Monday too...check her out on Facebook or Instagram. I am tempted to get her book :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda thanks for the information. I'll have to check her out. I'm just a little concerned about all the hacking of personal data that is going on here and Facebook. I have stayed away from social media because of it and changed up everything here. No profile pic anymore.
  • FitMom527
    FitMom527 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    New to Keto, count me in!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @FitMom527 glad that you are going to join us! It's so much nicer to have other people to communicate with while trying to complete a challenge!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @carlsoda thanks for the information. I'll have to check her out. I'm just a little concerned about all the hacking of personal data that is going on here and Facebook. I have stayed away from social media because of it and changed up everything here. No profile pic anymore.

I agree and I've never been on Facebook. Just instagram. And the funny thing - I go by a fake name because I have never trusted social media ever :) I'm trying to track down the book and may just follow it that way. I need a plan and I do better following a solid plan rather than winging it!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @carlsoda I agree that planning is essential for success. I have read several books and information about Keto before I decided to try it. Basically I get most information and insight now from people on MFP groups and threads. I especially like the Keto and low carb groups. All of the links that I have on this thread are very helpful. I really like the dinner pictures and ideas from real people that I can actually communicate with daily. I use the diary to make sure I hit my macros. Let us know if you get the book and if you find out any other information that you think is important for us.

Mary
  • wanttobeslender
    wanttobeslender Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and started the keto plan 4 days ago. I first just wanted to cut carbs because of inflammation pain( I was guessing because of carbs). After just 2 days of unavoidable carbs only, I felt far less pain and now 4th day in, still way less pain and dropped 2 lbs.!. So- I want to continue but this is so new to me...to actually eat fat ON PURPOSE-haha- seems very uncomfortable to me...but avoiding fats---NOT WORKING for me as I am 100 lbs. over weight :(
    So I am going to give this my best shot as I know people have been very successful on the diet plan. I am not sure how this posting all works or how to book mark it?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and started the keto plan 4 days ago. I first just wanted to cut carbs because of inflammation pain( I was guessing because of carbs). After just 2 days of unavoidable carbs only, I felt far less pain and now 4th day in, still way less pain and dropped 2 lbs.!. So- I want to continue but this is so new to me...to actually eat fat ON PURPOSE-haha- seems very uncomfortable to me...but avoiding fats---NOT WORKING for me as I am 100 lbs. over weight :(
    So I am going to give this my best shot as I know people have been very successful on the diet plan. I am not sure how this posting all works or how to book mark it?

Hi! You just post daily. Ask questions, share your success, issues you may have... bookmark by clicking on the star at the top of the thread. It should turn yellow. Congratulations on your successful start. Your joint pain should decrease. Read the information on the links I found it helpful. Read the previous posts from the first challenge. Lots of great ideas and information for beginners.

Have a great night!

Mary