sep27583 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Count me in.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    sep27583 wrote: »
    Awesome!! Count me in.

Fantastic! We have a very enthusiastic and supportive group of people here!
  • blt1350
    blt1350 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So I am keeping within my daily macros everyday and yet not losing weight!!

What am I doing wrong! So frustrating- only on 1300 cal a day
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    blt1350 wrote: »
    So I am keeping within my daily macros everyday and yet not losing weight!!

What am I doing wrong! So frustrating- only on 1300 cal a day

Don't get discouraged. It will come off.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    @blt1350 Please give us an idea of your macros.....in grams.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    @lwhayes820 :) You are most welcome!
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    This week I will be concentrating on getting closer to the keto macro requirement. You can pre-log food choices into your diary and check the nutritional pie chart to see how it aligns with the keto macro requirement. Stock up on healthy fats and oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, butter, fatty meats, avocados... check out the information from the first page for foods to eat and not to eat. It is important to remember that we are trying to go into ketosis which is the fat burning mode. We need to make sure we meet that macro requirement. Below I have a couple of sites that you might be interested in to help reach that goal.

https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

http://paleomagazine.com/what-are-ketogenic-fat-bombs-recipes-how-to-make

Mary

These links are awesome!!! :) Can't wait to try the bulletproof coffee. Has anyone adopted this recipe as part of their daily routine?
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    BeLLe- sorry I spaced out your question on the fajita chicken. I make a special fajita chicken for this keto diet. I usually make a 5 pound batch at a time. I take skinless boneless chicken breasts and aproximately 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning for each pound and bake it. Then I cut it up in three-quarter inch cubes. This is in preparation for my salad. I put it into 4 ounce portions. Because of the high fat that we need when I actually make my salad I warm the chicken in olive oil. The ingredients are listed below and come in almost spot on for the keto macros.

4 oz fajita chicken
    1tbl olive oil
    1oz cheese
    1/2c sour cream
    1/2c fire roasted jalapeño salsa
    2c romaine lettuce
    I heat the fajita chicken in the olive oil to increase fat content.
    I mix the sour cream and salsa for the dressing
    Combine all ingredients.

500 calories. This is high in calories because of the added fat. However you Will be more than satisfied after this meal.

I could eat this almost every day of the week!

This might be .. duh... ??? L0L!! So you warm the seasoned chicken with olive oil in a skillet/ oven in preparation for your meal? Doesn't the seasoning come off while in olive oil? This sounds delicious and one I will try for sure! Have you used Franks Red Hot sauce? It's great mixed with sour cream.

Thank you for sharring!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    lwhayes820 wrote: »
    Well, most of my post got cut off!

@DDHFree - how's it going? Good to see you and glad you're joining the journey!

@BeLLe - we got this! One day at a time!

@fanncy0626- thanks for keeping us on track. Awesome suggestion to pre-log. I'm on it. I read KetoDiet links. Very insightful. I have my macros. Meal planning in progress. I need to recheck my salad portions. After looking at the beautiful pictures of the veggies- I may be overdoing my veggie intake - thus, a great idea to pre-log. Didn't think you could ever overdo the green, leafy type veggies!

Thanks Team!

You are so right!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kilika735 wrote: »
    This week I will be concentrating on getting closer to the keto macro requirement. You can pre-log food choices into your diary and check the nutritional pie chart to see how it aligns with the keto macro requirement. Stock up on healthy fats and oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, butter, fatty meats, avocados... check out the information from the first page for foods to eat and not to eat. It is important to remember that we are trying to go into ketosis which is the fat burning mode. We need to make sure we meet that macro requirement. Below I have a couple of sites that you might be interested in to help reach that goal.

https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

http://paleomagazine.com/what-are-ketogenic-fat-bombs-recipes-how-to-make

Mary

These links are awesome!!! :) Can't wait to try the bulletproof coffee. Has anyone adopted this recipe as part of their daily routine?

My Hubby does his own version. Not as pulletproof he just adds coconut oil to get more fat into his diet. It cuts the food cravings. It keeps him from eating off diet most of the day. He sells food to restaurants so this is really helpful for him.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    BeLLe- sorry I spaced out your question on the fajita chicken. I make a special fajita chicken for this keto diet. I usually make a 5 pound batch at a time. I take skinless boneless chicken breasts and aproximately 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning for each pound and bake it. Then I cut it up in three-quarter inch cubes. This is in preparation for my salad. I put it into 4 ounce portions. Because of the high fat that we need when I actually make my salad I warm the chicken in olive oil. The ingredients are listed below and come in almost spot on for the keto macros.

4 oz fajita chicken
    1tbl olive oil
    1oz cheese
    1/2c sour cream
    2c romaine lettuce
    Combine all ingredients.

500 calories. This is high in calories because of the added fat. However you Will be more than satisfied after this meal.

This might be .. duh... ??? L0L!! So you warm the seasoned chicken with olive oil in a skillet/ oven in preparation for your meal? Doesn't the seasoning come off while in olive oil? This sounds delicious and one I will try for sure! Have you used Franks Red Hot sauce? It's great mixed with sour cream.

Thank you for sharring!

I love Franks Hot Sauce. I will have to try it! I use a non stick skillet and a rubber spatula so I get every last drop!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »

4 oz fajita chicken
    1tbl olive oil
    1oz cheese
    1/2c sour cream
    2c romaine lettuce
    Combine all ingredients.

Thank you for sharring!

I love Franks Hot Sauce. I will have to try it! I use a non stick skillet and a rubber spatula so I get every last drop!

:)
  • Kilika735
    Options
    @fanncy0626 Nice! I will definitely give this a go. I just bought some MCT oil to add for extra fat along with the grass fed butter. I tried coconut oil once in my coffee and something just wasn't right. Had I know I needed to blend it, I might have been able to actually drink it! Lol :D
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kilika735 wrote: »
    @fanncy0626 Nice! I will definitely give this a go. I just bought some MCT oil to add for extra fat along with the grass fed butter. I tried coconut oil once in my coffee and something just wasn't right. Had I know I needed to blend it, I might have been able to actually drink it! Lol :D

Good for you! It sounds like you are prepped and ready to go. Not everybody blends it but I would think that would be a much nicer drink. There are other examples online that show ice coffee drinks as well.

Mary
  • blt1350
    blt1350 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »

Protein 85
    Carbs 25
    Fat 97

I weigh 100kg and do 2 hrs spinning and 2 hrs Pilates a week

Am I just being really impatient? I am probably eating half the amount I was a few weeks ago!

• fanncy0626
    Options
    blt1350 wrote: »
    pwrfl1 wrote: »

Protein 85
    Carbs 25
    Fat 97

I weigh 100kg and do 2 hrs spinning and 2 hrs Pilates a week

Am I just being really impatient? I am probably eating half the amount I was a few weeks ago!

Did you just start a few weeks ago? If so your body could also be reacting to the extreme decrease in food you might have put it into starvation mode and it is adapting to your new eating pattern. Homeostasis is a self preservation state that your body could be in. Thus a plateau. We all go through them. Patience and changing things up really helps during this time.

Mary
  • Kilika735
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Really starting to enjoy this keto transition! :) I have done low carb before and to be honest it was completely miserable! Keto seems much better and the support and info from everyone has really helped. In the past by day 3 of transitioning into low carb I was exhausted and had severe brain fog and leg cramps. Keto has been very different in a good way. I still have some tweaking to do with my carbs, but I'm getting there.

Does anyone have good suggestions for adding fiber besides a supplement?

Also... I came across this video last night while doing some research. It gets a little technical, but overall was a good watch!

https://youtu.be/H7mjm9LyW-c
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    lwhayes, thanks for the warm welcome. Things got a bit challenging when I tried to take on too many projects at once. But I am back on track and look forward to learning something new from this way of eating. Looks like you'v manage to hang in there. Looking forwarding to reading posts from you again.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, Carbs 16, Fat 73, Protein 35. (It was a low calorie day due to the very high calorie day the day before)
    I just made the decision to go all in as of yesterday. Hopefully I do not experience the keto flu.
  • KandyKnd
    KandyKnd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have done low carb (south beach) successfully in the past but it seems like now I can't even get through 2 days. All of this love of coconut oil - I like coconut but I don't want things I cook to taste like it - are there brands that don't taste as much? I also can't tolerate a lot of fiber and have lactose issues so need help in what to eat when I try Keto. Any ideas for me?