February 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @shanaber that sounds scary. Listen to your body is always good advice. Good luck tomorrow.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn Congrats on your distance PR and no pain.

Thanks! I was looking at my training plan, and it looks like from here out, 1/3-1/2 of my long runs until my marathon, will be distance PR's....crazy, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty nice run! and, Of course it will stay warmer, isn't that the purpose of buying cold weather gear, to ward off the cold weather? :D
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    All you people with your Christmas trees still up - are you telling me that bad things WON'T happen if you leave the stuff up beyond Twelfth Night?
    I've never bought a tree, but I know that in my parents village the date for the collection of the christmas trees is usually the 12th January - missing that and having to keep the tree until March when the local composting facility opens their gates again would be a bad thing. Also, I imagine it goes dry and brittle and loses all its needles in the living room. Also a bad thing. So leaving it up until now sounds doubly risky to me ;-)

Not if it's an artificial one like mine is ;-)
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    @garygse Congrats on your 15K!! That whole mixup with the corrals would be annoying, but you still got a great time!! Way to go!

@lporter229 Congrats on your 1st 10K!! Great time too and 2nd in your AG is fantastic! :smiley: I've had some races show up short and others show up long. I think the longer big races seem more likely to go long due to all the weaving that had to be done.

@NikolaosKey Sorry about the muscle strain and not being able to do your race tomorrow!! Hope you feel better soon!!

@OSUbuckeye906 Glad you're now cleared for the elliptical. I used it a lot to keep up my fitness during my hamstring injury.

@shanaber Sorry to hear about your heart issue. Hope it clears up soon!!

@ROBOTFOOD Enjoy your new shoes!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Hell of a choice for a first marathon! Bada$$

@ROBOTFOOD I misjudged. Understatement. I'll be more prepared for that one, next time.

The next destination race is Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, AK. I hope to run in 50's weather for that one.

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Hell of a choice for a first marathon! Bada$$

@ROBOTFOOD I misjudged. Understatement. I'll be more prepared for that one, next time.

The next destination race is Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, AK. I hope to run in 50's weather for that one.

BSB is a nice tech course. I'd recommend Beginner's Luck on April 8th. Distances: 5mi - 55k. Not too tech. Well marked. Last year there was thunderstorms. Had a nice cool run. Alaska sounds amazing! I love it there. Very good chance for 40-50s I'd say.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @Ohhim that's awesome. Looks like you have a great racing season coming up
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @ohhim great pacing job - that's quite a big medal!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 4.3
    2/2 - rest
    2/3 - 3.1
    2/4 - 5.0
    Feb total: 12.4/100
    Good run today. Stressful day, so I was just able to zone out and the time just flew by! Finished feeling calm/peaceful.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @MobyCarp great race reporting. What kid of person does that? The same kind of that says Boston's time requirement for their AG is generous. You are a great and dedicated runner!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Well done on your 10k @lporter229 Chip time 44:56. 2/33AG, 10/353F are all so great! What does 2/537 OA mean?

@shanaber I'm a worrier so I'd be like you and scared, even though your doctor didn't say anything was actually wrong. Hang in there!

@garygse 32nd out of 220 in your age group is brilliant! Well done.

01 Feb – 10.1 km
    02 Feb – 7.5 km + Body Balance
    04 Feb – 10.7 km including parkrun
    05 Feb – 13.3 km hilly run

Goal: 100 miles / 160 km
    Total: 41.6 km
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @Orphia- My bad. That should have been 32/537 OA (over all).

@MNLittleFinn-Congrats on the distance PR! I remember the first 14 and knowing that they would only get longer from there. That's when it starts to feel real!

@MobyCarp- Wow...sounds like quite the crazy adventure. Amazing what we will do for a run! Great race, BTW! I know that feels like a slow pace for you, but given the conditions, amazing job!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @shanaber , hmmmmm I think you need to be very careful tomorrow in the race and just focus on finishing but not setting any PR's. I'm a little worried about it to be honest so I hope you check in with us after the race and let us know how you did.

@everyone else, sounds like you've all had a killer weekend so far! You guys all impress me so much and I'm so envious of your miles and your speed but alas, it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me.

I haven't set up a ticker yet because even though my heart and soul are in the right place my body still isn't cooperating. My knee has hurt all week and so today, which should have been a running day, ended up being a walking day.........oh well, I said I wasn't going to cry about it and I'm not!

Got 3 miles in with a couple of pretty steep hills so I might as well just be happy about it!

Have a great run or race tomorrow all of you........I'm working legs at the gym so I'll stay strong anyway!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @mobycarp great race report and super job on the championship. Cracked at up at "your what kind of person" question. I assumed that was rhetorical ha ha
  • Retributionsecured
    Options
    Awesome group!!