February 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 thanks! I ran a 14 mile last July but, somehow asking that extra tenth of a mile and knowing it's just getting longer made this one seems more significant
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I guess I should've specified my trees are always ARTIFICIAL :D Got all that done today, through a lot of back pain. So hopefully I'll feel good to run tomorrow.

@shanaber That sounds so mysterious about your heart :( I hope they figure it out. Be careful <3
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Date Distance Total To Goal (55)
    2/1 3.0 Mi 3.0 52.0 Mi
    2/2. Yoga
    2/3. Rest
    2/4. 5.0 Mi. 8.0. 47.0 Mi

First 5 miler since I got sick and it was a balmy 4 degrees out. Took forever to warm up and the ground was rock hard the whole time but it felt good. I am stiff and sore tight now but being in a cold hockey arena doesn't help. Tomorrow should be a 3 Mi but I am considering switching it with Monday and doing cross training and stretching instead.

Since I need to pull out my spare/new shoes as mine are almost dead, I ran up to Olympia Sports to see what they had. I picked up a pair of Asics GT 3000 and a pair of Asics GT 2000 and a new phone arm band. Because I got 2 pairs they were 25% off, can't beat it. They have a limited selection sometimes but I can't beat the deals when they have what I want.

March 11- St Malachi 5 miler (partial course preview for Cleveland Half)
    May 20 - Cleveland Marathon 8K (Maybe)
    May 21 - Cleveland Marathon Half
    June 10 - Run and Ride Cedar Point 5k
    June 11 - Run and Ride Cedar Point Half Marathon (Back up Plan) or Quarter Marathon
  • cchen2015
    cchen2015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    2/1/17----7.2miles
    2/2/17----7.8miles
    2/3/17----7.7miles
    2/4/17----8.7miles

exercise.png

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    2.1.17 - 11.5 m. TM @ 8:00 pace.
    2.2.17 - 7.5 m. TM RH Lvl 1 9:25 pace.
    2.4.17 - 19 m. TM 9:22 pace.
    9xqvhgxchsth.jpg
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn congrats on the PR, and the no-pain bonus!! We still have our (fake) tree up too. We hope to get it down tomorrow, but running comes first, naturally.
    @katharmonic great run! I love seeing fresh snow. Glad to hear Stella is on the mend.
    @NikolaosKey sorry you're going to miss your race.
    @lporter229 congrats on an awesome race! I would sweat the short distance on your GPS. It's very tough for those satellite signals to get in a tunnel so that's just the way it goes. Too bad Strava doesn't let you adjust your distance like Garmin Connect will.
    @shanaber sorry to about the Dr's visit. It must be frustrating to have them say it's "not normal" but not doing anything about it.
    @ROBOTFOOD I *love* Cinnamon Toast Crunch! It's never moved me to sign up for another race though.
    @garygse great race! Not a lot of people ahead of you.
    @Ohhim that's hilarious that you practiced your jokes...on a treadmill! Nice pace job.
    @MobyCarp that's pretty cool that your finish was key to a team championship! Very nice job! Driving on icy roads in the mountains worthy of being scared. I consider myself an experienced, very capable Minnesota winter driver but I damn near had to change my shorts last winter when I made the stupid decision to drive down Mt. Hood in Oregon when the night before we had freezing rain on the way up, changing to ice then snow overnight. Most scary driving incidents are over in a split second. This one lasted nearly an hour.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    02/01 6.3 Mi
    02/02 -
    02/03 -
    02/04 18.3 Mi

I slept in, had a nice breakfast, did dishes, and finally made it out to the trail at 1:30. My goal was 20 but the second loop ended at 18.3 and I was too tired, and too sore to go any further. Also the sun was starting to set. I had enough light for a short out & back to get another 1.7, but I used that as an excuse to quit anyway. Sore hips, sore hamstring, and a dull ache in both Achilles. It all surprised me as I figured two days off plus sleeping in would have made for a good run. No matter, I'll tack on the other 1.7 miles to tomorrows run.

I'm finding myself completely uninterested in the football game tomorrow. Maybe I'll clean the garage instead.

2017 Races & Events
    01/28/2017 - Securian Winter HM - St. Paul, MN - 1:51:40 - *PR*
    04/08/2017 - Zumbro 17M Trail Race - Theilman, MN
    04/29/2017 - Chippewa 50K Trail Race - New Auburn, WI
    05/24/2017 - Endless Summer Trail Running Series, 10K - Eagan, MN
    06/24/2017 - Dan Patch Days 5K - Savage, MN
    07/19/2017 - Torchlight 5K - Minneapolis, MN
    09/00/2017 - Outrun Hunger 5K - Savage, MN
    10/07/2017 - Big Woods Run Trail Half Marathon - Nerstrand, MN

ldlmmuxvrx0g.jpeg

g4.jpeg 30.7K
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words of condolence- you are such a lovely group <3 . Ran a 22km, wanted to shoot for 30 but treadmill plus raging cold equals a suboptimal time on a 22 lol.

February 1- 15km
    February 2- 11km
    February 3- 11.1km
    February 4- 22km

59.1 km/200km

• potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @Ohhim I love pacers like you - they really keep me going.

I had an unscheduled rest day yesterday so am increasing the miles today. Struggling to find my rhythm with running but I hope that by pushing through I will get there
  • potatowhoruns
    Options
    5/2 - 6 miles

Feb total - 13 miles
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Felt lazy/tired this morning so I didn't get my run in. I figure it's only a 3 mile day, so I can get my run in during the first half hour of Little Man's nap, then shovel the driveway.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @louubelle16 I'm sorry you had such an awful week. Hugs! Sounds like the race was just what you needed, awesome job!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @louubelle16 - Hugs to you. I think we have all been in a similar position at one time or another. Figuring out what you need to do to pull yourself up before it spirals out of control is a huge victory in itself. Add to that a fantastic run and it looks like things are heading in the right direction for you...congrats!!
  • potatowhoruns
    Options
    @louubelle16 - Well done for getting out there and smashing it! Sometimes the best runs are the ones you were dreading