February 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Rest day today. And wouldn't you know it, it's the first day in a while that I woke up and my legs were not sore or stiff. Oh well, I am giving them a rest anyway. I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but I landed a spot on a team for the Bourbon Chase In October. It's a 200 mile team relay (Ragnar event) from Louisville to Lexington through a bunch of the Bourbon distilleries. If you have never been there, that countryside is absolutely beautiful and I am super excited. We have out first team meeting this evening to meet each other and work out the details.
    That Ragnar event sounds awesome! From what I've read about them, you'll have a blast!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    (Short-ish) long run out of the way on Sunday, monthly total so far 14.6 mi.
    sruui03ah5tc.jpg
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Feb 01     6.5T       6.5
    Feb 02     4.7T      11.2
    Feb 04     5.6       16.8
    Feb 05     6.5       23.3
    Feb 06     5.1       28.4

exercise.png

• BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    14.36/65 as of yesterday, Feb. 5.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Worked out that I needed to average 8km a day for rest of the month to reach my target so set out to do that at lunchtime today. Decided on a tempo run just to test where I was at after not doing much running of late. Went ok, but starting with a hill and no warm up was probably not wise as tired me out quite quickly. Pushed on but my route came up short (7.59km) - thought about a quick hop round the block to make up the metres but as I'm hoping to do 10k tomorrow figured it wouldn't matter too much!

exercise.png
    01-Feb: 1.7km treadmill intervals [TM]
    02-Feb: 3.4k treadmill [TM]
    05-Feb: 6.6k + 5.5k easy
    06-Feb: 7.5k tempo
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today - Miles for February
    2/1 5 miles - 5
    2/2 10miles - 15
    2/3 5 miles - 20
    2/4 18 miles - 38
    2/5 REST DAY
    2/6 10 miles - 48

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12 << 1:35:55 2 in AG & 25 OA
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10 << 2:44:41
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18
    Kentucky Derby Marathon - 4/29

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    @juliet3455-Congrats on a great race. Those are really nice award prizes!
  • MNLittleFinn
    @Azercord your new running part looks exactly like the Australian Shepard Lab mix my mom used to have. Makes me miss him.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Azercord wrote: »
    jpgjlrlsgb48.jpg

Picked up a new running partner on Sunday. My two boys are (close enough) old enough for a dog so we went to the shelter and I think we found a pretty good one. This is Kree (there is a nerd reference in the name and I will confirm it if guessed correctly) and she is about 9 - 11 months old. We are beginning leash training so any suggestions are appreciated. Really looking forward to the added motivation/help for runs.

She is so cute!!! And my nerd guess is Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy-related? Ronan was of the Kree race.
  • lporter229
    She's beautiful! And she looks like she will make a great running partner. The number one piece of good advice I received when training my dog with a leash is when she starts to pull, stop. Do not move forward until she moves back to where there is no tension on the leash. Soon she will understand that she can only move forward when there is no tension on the leash.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Azercord wrote: »
    She is so cute!!! And my nerd guess is Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy-related? Ronan was of the Kree race.
    That's what I was thinking.
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    @Azercord Wow! How gorgeous
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    I'm way behind in my reading so I have plenty to catch up on. While picking up some Sweat X at the running store, I found that the location closest to my house offers yoga for runners twice a month. I'm definitely going. For some reason, I can not complete any of my yoga dvds without getting bored.

2/01: 3.75 miles & Pilates
    2/02: 1.32 miles & 60 min of Pilates
    2/03: 3.16 miles
    2/04: rest
    2/05: rest
    2/06: 3.4 miles on treadmill
    2/07:
    2/08:
    2/09:
    2/10:
    2/11:
    2/12:
    2/13:
    2/14:
    2/15:
    2/16:
    2/17:
    2/18:
    2/19:
    2/20:
    2/21:
    2/22:
    2/23:
    2/24:
    2/25:
    2/26:
    2/27:
    2/28:

exercise.png

Upcoming Races(Not complete-still waiting on MRTC)
    FedEx St. Jude Classic Fairway 5K - 4/8/2017
    Bluff City 10k - 5/13/2017
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    2.1.17 - 11.5 m. TM @ 8:00 pace.
    2.2.17 - 7.5 m. TM RH Lvl 1 9:25 pace.
    2.4.17 - 19 m. TM 9:22 pace.
    2.5.17 - 1.1 m. Need recovery day.
  • lporter229
    @KeepRunningFatboy - Is TM treadmill? If so, that just blows my mind. That is some serious determination there.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    @KeepRunningFatboy - Is TM treadmill? If so, that just blows my mind. That is some serious determination there.

I was thinking that too. Thing is, if I had a treadmill at home, I think I could put on the TV and do it. The only treadmill I can access is at the gym. It isn't a huge gym, but there are always treadmills available to use. The problem isn't accessing treadmills, it is the TV. At home, I can watch whatever I want. At my gym, there is 1 TV for the whole gym. I can run/walk for a long time if there is a good show on, but I try to be courteous with volume and not to hog it from other members even if I was there first. Last time I went in and someone was already watching something really stupid and annoying, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I don't want to be like that guy.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member

I was thinking that too. Thing is, if I had a treadmill at home, I think I could put on the TV and do it. The only treadmill I can access is at the gym. It isn't a huge gym, but there are always treadmills available to use. The problem isn't accessing treadmills, it is the TV. At home, I can watch whatever I want. At my gym, there is 1 TV for the whole gym. I can run/walk for a long time if there is a good show on, but I try to be courteous with volume and not to hog it from other members even if I was there first. Last time I went in and someone was already watching something really stupid and annoying, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I don't want to be like that guy.

Phone or tablet and a Netflix, Amazon Prime, or some other type of service like that, is the only thing that makes it just bearable for me. But I still struggle with even an hour + on the dreadmill, somehow 1 dreadmill hour feels like 5 actual hours. I wonder if it's somehow related to dog years and actual years, lol.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

Phone or tablet and a Netflix, Amazon Prime, or some other type of service like that, is the only thing that makes it just bearable for me. But I still struggle with even an hour + on the dreadmill, somehow 1 dreadmill hour feels like 5 actual hours. I wonder if it's somehow related to dog years and actual years, lol.

If they put in wireless internet, perhaps. Or if I can find a service to download beforehand. That doesn't work for new shows, though. For example, this Sun. when the new episode of The Walking Dead is on, I will be traveling for work. Either I'm going to be on a treadmill at the hotel watching the new episode or I will be sitting idle in my room watching it.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    My plan to run Fr/Sun/Tues got derailed. Spent too much time at the inlaws yesterday. So I'm hoping to just change that to Fri/Mon/Tues and still get 3 runs between Fri & Tues. However my husband really isn't feeling well and I'm waiting to see what happens with that. I'm still really struggling to get back on track. I so badly want a schedule and to know what each day is gonna bring :|

On another note, my 6 year fitness anniversary is approaching at the end of this month. I started at 185ish pounds with Leslie Sansone dvds and walking outside. I've kept up the habit of exercising weekly for the 6 years but I definitely feel over the past year I've lost some of the dedication. I used to take about 2-3 rest days per month. I feel like that's more like 3 per week lately. Granted life has been turned upside down but there are days that I COULD have exercised and I'm really starting to question myself. I just find it hard to make exercise a priority anymore. Exercise used to always come first and I got everything else done. Now I do everything else first and it's so easy to say "oh well" and skip yet another workout. I definitely don't feel strong or fit right now despite the fact that I'm still running a little. And pounds have piled on over the past year as well. 15 has turned to 20 and 25 that I'd really love to lose again.

I don't know why I'm struggling so much with this. I have time to workout. It's that I'm putting other people and things first and then when all I have left to myself is 8-10pm I just want to get in bed and watch tv :(