February 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    @Ohhim Great job on pacing in the HM! Awesome job coming in 1 minute under your target. I'm 99% sure I'm going to run with the pace group in my upcoming marathon. Hopefully our pacer will have 26 jokes!! Lol!

@ddmom0811 Awesome job in your race!!

@katharmonic The same thought popped into my head about A1A! I actually saw Vanilla Ice in concert when I was in high school. He opened for MC Hammer. It was a fun show!! Lol!

@patrikc333 I'm in the Dallas area and marathons here are not cheap. I think I paid close to $100 for the one in Ft Worth and about $85 for the HM in Dallas. Both are huge with around 20K racers in all the various events. Smaller races aren't quite so expensive. The HM trail race I'm doing in CO this summer is less than $50. We don't have to get a health cert here though.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    guys, how much is a marathon registration in the US? 90 eur for Rome!!! ok its late registration, but it is too expensive in my opinion

5 out of 15 miles literally in the sheet today, sheep yesterday made a mess on public roads, super frustrating

I'm running Banff in June and I believe the early bird was $150 CAD. Death Race, which I will get my butt into gear and register for when personal things die down, is asking $350 CAD as an individual runner
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2017
    2 days away and 59 posts. Lots of likes, awesome's and a few grimace's.

@ohhim great pacing - 57 jokes and Treadmill Practise for delivery :D
    @MobyCarp Running Cross Country in bad conditions sucks but in semi-decent weather it's magical. Of course 99% of my CC Runs are for personal fun, not training, not racing.
    You Asked : What kind of idiot gets up in the middle of the night in Rochester, NY to drive through lake effect snow to the airport, leave his car parked there to accumulate more snow, and fly all the way across the country in order to drive through a Winter Storm Warning to get to an 8K race?
    The same kind who gets up at 5:30am to drive 240km ( 150 miles ) one way for a winter HM - aptly called the Chilly Willy facing a brisk temperature today.
    nh24lc77oujp.jpg
    We both need one of those "Embrace the Suck" shirts.
    @kimlight2 The sweet smell of new shoes, now go get them muddy
    @mustb60 Yes to the positive attitude of just getting out and hitting the road
    @louubelle16 Sorry you had such an awful week. But sometimes a good hangover and a good race releases all the stress for a fresh start
    @JessicaMcB Serious accolades for a 22km on a Dreadmill, that you plan on more B) and while singing.
    @ddmom0811 Great job on the HM. We are very close in pace. My HM today I finished in 02:12:36 (Beat last year by 23 secs), I must have a Metronome in my Pace-Internal Timing as all of my HM's have come in at 2:12:30 to 02:13:04. Of course if you look at the attached Temp jpeg Mother Nature she was a tad chilly today.
    @patrikc333 I have had HM cost as much as a Full, all depends on location and popularity. I am glad we don't have to deal with the Medical certificates and Run Cards as that is just extra expense/frustration for little benefit.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,498 Member
    @patrikc333 I paid $60 for my marathon last May, but I've seen them up to $150. My $60 marathon was a smaller affair. That doesn't include sheep dung, however.
    @louubelle16 sounds like your rough week had a nice finish with your race.
    @ddmom0811 stomach problems in the middle of a race does not sound fun, but it sounds like you made the best of it.
    @_nikkiwolf_ way to deal with the cold wet weather! Cold rain is the worst.
    @BeeerRunner awesome deal on the 20!

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Love the pictures @7lenny7 ! Way to bring home the $50 gift card @juliet3455 , I was wondering how you fared at the Chilly Willy- glad to hear it went well.

I knocked out a pretty quick 10 so I could watch Santa Clarita Diet with my husband before he had to go to bed. I have a lot of cleaning to do once he and DD3 go to bed...I will try not to spend all my cleaning time online drooling over Camelbaks I want for Banff lol

February 1- 15km
    February 2- 11km
    February 3- 11.1km
    February 4- 22km
    February 5- 10km

69.1 km/200km

• cchen2015
    cchen2015 Posts: 33 Member
    2/1/17----7.2miles
    2/2/17----7.8miles
    2/3/17----7.7miles
    2/4/17----8.7miles
    2/5/17----5.1miles

exercise.png

• BeeerRunner
    Great pics @7lenny7 !! Sounds like a fun run!!

Great race @juliet3455 !! It sounds like a fun race, except for the whole wet clothes freezing to your body part!! Lol! Well done on placing in your AG. :smiley:
  • BeeerRunner
    Congrats on a fantastic race @shanaber !! Great pics!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    2/1 - 4.3
    2/2 - rest
    2/3 - 3.1
    2/4 - 5.0
    2/5 - 4.6
    Feb total: 17/100mi.

Will run tonight since it's the only chance I'll have today. Various contractors coming to my house today & I have to be home. Going to be moving a bit slow, though - stayed up too late watching the Pats win!! Makes living in New England in the winter a little more bearable. :)
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    @7lenny7 Great photos, and that trail run sounds awesome!
    @juliet3455 Nice result on the HM! How you guys cope with those temps is beyond me.
    @shanaber Congrats on a great HM!
    @ddmom0811 Sorry to hear about your stomach during the race, but you had a good HM and glad you finished strong. Nice pics!

--

Now that my race is out of the way, I can focus on getting back on track to try and meet my monthly challenge...got some catching up to do!

03 - 2.24 miles
    04 - 9.30
    06 - 11.67

Total: 23.21 / 125
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    2/1- 8.1
    2/2- REST
    2/3- 4.23
    2/4- 14.11
    2/5- 3.16
    2/6- 6.16

Total: 35.76

Monthly goals:
    Mileage goal: 150
    Real Goal: Stay healthy enough to get into the swing of real marathon training.

Today's notes: 6.16 miles at 9:54 pace. Between fresh snow and super slick spots where the plows had gone by, it was a harder and slower run than I would have liked, but all in all a decent run, and now I get to rest tomorrow!

I was supposed to do strides afterward, but there was 2.5 inches of fresh snow and the plow had gone by, so I did 15 minutes of shoveling instead.

I did do 60% of the IT Band Rehab Routine I was assigned, and I'll do the last 2 exercises at some point today, so I'll have it all in.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    @OSUbuckeye906 This link will take you to a page where you can reset your Log Counter if it gets out of sync.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    2/1 - 3.4 'mill miles and a quick weight session. The scale was ugly today.
    2/2 - 4.1 treadmill miles.
    2/3 - Rest day.
    2/4 - 2.3 'mill miles and then Bodypump class
    2/5 - Super Bowl = no run AND way overeating.
    2/6 - 4.01 miles.

exercise.png

Planned Races
    2/11 - Red Flannel Run 5 Mile
    4/8 - Beer and Bagel "Off Road"
    5/13 - Market to Market Relay
    6/3 - Dam to Dam HM
    10/15 - IMT Des Moines HM
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @shanaber great race and love the medals. Awesome!
    @ddmom0811 okay I'm seriously coming down to run that next year. As a life long NASCAR fan I really need that medal. :smile: super job
    @juliet3455 awesome job too on your HM! Sounds way way cold.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    2/1-5.2 miles +1 mile with Stella
    2/2-1.2 miles with Stella +6.9 miles solo
    2/3-1 mile with Stella+2.3 shakeout miles
    2/4-6.2 miles Cyclones Frozen 10K-PR!
    2/5-14 miles
    2/6-rest day

Rest day today. And wouldn't you know it, it's the first day in a while that I woke up and my legs were not sore or stiff. Oh well, I am giving them a rest anyway. I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but I landed a spot on a team for the Bourbon Chase In October. It's a 200 mile team relay (Ragnar event) from Louisville to Lexington through a bunch of the Bourbon distilleries. If you have never been there, that countryside is absolutely beautiful and I am super excited. We have out first team meeting this evening to meet each other and work out the details.

@7lenny7 - Wow, that run looks awesome.

@ddmom0811 -How cool to run inside the Dayton 500 stadium!

@Shanaber- Great race and awesome photos!

exercise.png