February 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    A little late but a Blog about surviving Winter Running. They don't get into clothing but do offer some advice that we tend to forget/neglect.
    HM on Sunday so suffering a bad case of Taperitise.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner - we call that a 'Halti' over here (the gentle leader). Absolutely brilliant for any dog that pulls, as it gently pulls the nose down meaning the dog can't physically move forward. Some people think they are like muzzles but not at all. My sister has a version that pretty much tightens over the dogs nose, and I absolutely hate it. It doesn’t do the same job at all and when we had to walk her dog through a field of sheep he got increasingly stressed about it (and the sheep, he didn’t quite know what they were).

@Honunui – nice turtle, and lovely clear seas.

@greenolivetree – you’d be surprised what you can do in dreams….@juliet3455 no special cookies needed……. ;)

@JessicaMcB so sorry to hear your latest news.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    So, I'm only gonna post this once or twice, but every year I do one big fundraising effort for the Wildlife Conservation Society, when I run in the Run for the Wild 5k at the Bronx Zoo (super fun race btw!). This year I'm running for cheetahs, because cheetahs are awesome! If anyone else likes supporting causes like this you can donate to the Wildlife Conservation Society through my fundraising page here: e.wcs.org/site/TR/Events/RunfortheWildTeamraiser?px=3337243&pg=personal&fr_id=1190

Again, not going to be pushy or anything, just figured I'd put this out there in case there was anyone else out there who might be interested! Otherwise, feel free to completely ignore! Lol
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Feb 2: At 6.6 mi. Rest day today (If I run, will only be ~1 mile).
    zq5bbzyg0d26.jpg
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 4.3
    2/2 - rest
    2/3 - 3.1
    Feb total: 7.4/100

Wow...really had to slog through my run today! Legs felt very stiff and I had to push myself just to make 5K. Hoping for a better day tomorrow!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Ugh, so many people I know (including my mom now) have caught the stomach virus going around. So far I've been able to stay clear of it, but I have a feeling it's inevitable. I just hope it waits until after next week. I have important things happening next week. I also don't want to have to stop running because I'm sick.
  • bmelb1
    bmelb1 Posts: 224 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Date Km Today - Km for Feb.
    2/1 3.05 – 3.05
    2/2 7.05 – 10.1
    2/3 3.2 – 13.3
    ==========
    Goal 115 km

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    St. Patrick’s Day 5 km - 3/18
    Ottawa Tamarack 10km - 5/27
    Scotiabank Canada Day Road Race 10 km – 7/1
    Pure Protein Night Race 10 km – 8/12
    Canada Army Run HM - 9/17
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner - that looks like a great app. I may try it on Sunday. Although I tend to space out and may not remember to hit most of the miles.

@honunui- what a beautiful turtle!

Rest day for me. Biking tomorrow and then HM Sunday. Hoping the weather is cold (for Florida).

2/1 - strength training
    2/2 - 4.30 miles
    2/3 - rest day
    2/4
    2/5 -

exercise.png

Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui I am forever jealous of where you live and that you can see such beautiful ocean wildlife. Maybe someday I can visit the ocean again.

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    2/01: 3.75 miles & Pilates
    2/02: 1.32 miles & 60 min of Pilates
    2/03:
    2/04:
    2/05:
    2/06:
    2/07:
    2/08:
    2/09:
    2/10:
    2/11:
    2/12:
    2/13:
    2/14:
    2/15:
    2/16:
    2/17:
    2/18:
    2/19:
    2/20:
    2/21:
    2/22:
    2/23:
    2/24:
    2/25:
    2/26:
    2/27:
    2/28:

exercise.png

Upcoming Races(Not complete-still waiting on MRTC)
    FedEx St. Jude Classic Fairway 5K - 4/8/2017
    Bluff City 10k - 5/13/2017
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    2/1-5.2 miles +1 mile with Stella
    2/2-1.2 miles with Stella +6.9 miles solo
    2/3-1 mile with Stella+

I got lost with this thread overnight! 61 new posts! I have a busy work day, so sorry i won't be able to comment on them all!

I did a really sorry excuse for a mile with Stella this morning. She was in hyper-sniff mode. I think it took us about 15 minutes to get through 1 mile and a poop. I am still undecided if I will do my afternoon run today. I skipped my usual Friday speed work on the dreadmill because I have my 10K in the morning. That, coupled with my potential 20 miles on Sunday, have me thinking that taking it easy today with just some yoga might be the smart thing to do. I think I will leave that up to mother nature and see what the sunset looks like when I get off work. If it's pretty, then maybe I will do 3-4 slow and easy miles.

exercise.png[\img]
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

2/1/17 - 6 miles

2/3/17 - 12 miles

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ What calendar is that??? It's cute!
    @greenolivetree It's this one. They don't ship international, so I had to get it off eBay.
    They also have some earrings that I totally would have ordered right away, but those I couldn't find on eBay or anywhere else. Probably a good thing for my bank account :wink:

@RespectTheKitty Congrats on the great walking PR!

@KatieJane83 You are right, cheetahs are awesome! It's crazy how fast they can run.

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    So, I'm only gonna post this once or twice, but every year I do one big fundraising effort for the Wildlife Conservation Society, when I run in the Run for the Wild 5k at the Bronx Zoo (super fun race btw!). This year I'm running for cheetahs, because cheetahs are awesome! If anyone else likes supporting causes like this you can donate to the Wildlife Conservation Society through my fundraising page here: e.wcs.org/site/TR/Events/RunfortheWildTeamraiser?px=3337243&pg=personal&fr_id=1190

Again, not going to be pushy or anything, just figured I'd put this out there in case there was anyone else out there who might be interested! Otherwise, feel free to completely ignore! Lol

I did a small one....
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ thank you so much for the donation! The cheetahs and I thank you! lol. And it really is crazy how fast they can run!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    @9voice9 , I just saw, thank you so much! Very much appreciated! :)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui I am forever jealous of where you live and that you can see such beautiful ocean wildlife. Maybe someday I can visit the ocean again.

Good point @RespectTheKitty ! Even if one doesn't run at all, this is a great site to visit just to see the terrific photos.

I have got to work the next 2 nights (12 + hour shifts). Next run planned for Super Bowl Sunday...I hope to be able to run outside this weekend.