Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Ooh. I'd forgotten about your vest!! It was worth the wait
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Totally worth the wait, that vest is amazing.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm getting a little annoyed here. I've tried to upload photos from two different computers and the Chrome app on my phone, and every time I get the message "The file failed to upload." GRR! Why is this happening? Has this happened to anyone else?

Maybe your file size is too large?

I didn't think about that. I'll try reducing the size of the image.

EDIT: That's exactly what the problem was. Thank you, @KatieJane83!

Woot! I love when the solution is something simple, lol

And that vest is da bomb diggity.
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    2/2 - 4 mile. Feb total = 7.

@BEERRUNNER Amazingly cute dog! Mine is too old and naughty to be a running buddy. Glad to hear you have a solution
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for February
    2/1 5 miles - 5
    2/2 10miles - 10

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12 << 1:35:55 2 in AG & 25 OA
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10 << 2:44:41
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18
    Kentucky Derby Marathon - 4/29

Work was busy today, plus I had to take an extended lunch to take my daughter for an orthodontist consultation. She needs 2 baby teeth extracted and may need braces sometime in the future. But not right now.

Anyway, did 10 miles this morning. The first 5 of them with Cole and Jonathon in my group and then the last 5 by myself. Their pace is pretty much inline with mine for what I was doing today but they were only going 6 miles today. Quite a bit of chatter making the morning run go easier. I am not usually very chatty when I run tho. Come to think of it, I am not very chatty when I am not running either.

Last 2 miles had some rain fall but nothing too heavy.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Doesn't count, but I ran a nice 7mi mountain with 2,070ft vertical gain yesterday. Planning on 6-10+mi (trail) tomorrow.

Nice. Madkin Mnt on Redstone is a usual one I do and is only 1234 feet gain but I am starting from already around 600 feet. However, Monte Sano Mountain which is a popular favorite near me is 1,621 feet elevation; if only I got into trail running more.

We have larger mountains but I would have to drive to Birmingham or Talladega or near Chattanooga.
  • bmelb1
    bmelb1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Date Km Today - Km for Feb.
    2/1 3.05 – 3.05
    1/2 7.05 – 10.1
    ==========
    Goal 115 km

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    St. Patrick’s Day 5 km - 3/18
    Ottawa Tamarack 10km - 5/27
    Scotiabank Canada Day Road Race 10 km – 7/1
    Pure Protein Night Race 10 km – 8/12
    Canada Army Run HM - 9/17
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner Spotty is so cute. Glad the gentle leader is working out (especially in curbing the butt sniffing :)). I have one from my previous dog, I should maybe try it, but Stella is doing pretty well on the harness for running. Most of the time.

Date :::: Miles :::: Feb MTD (goal = 70)
    02/01/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 2.6
    02/02/17 :::: 3.1 :::: 5.7

Tonight's run with Stella - mostly good, little bit of dragging toward the end. She's still tired from being at the doggy hotel while I was gone I think.

I'm kind of jealous of the running cruise idea. But don't know if I really want to combine those things. Cool opportunity to run in different places though.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Doesn't count, but I ran a nice 7mi mountain with 2,070ft vertical gain yesterday. Planning on 6-10+mi (trail) tomorrow.

Nice. Madkin Mnt on Redstone is a usual one I do and is only 1234 feet gain but I am starting from already around 600 feet. However, Monte Sano Mountain which is a popular favorite near me is 1,621 feet elevation; if only I got into trail running more.

We have larger mountains but I would have to drive to Birmingham or Talladega or near Chattanooga.

Hey that's good. Repeats. Our taller Vegas mtns are currently buried in snow. The 12,000ft one has 10ft :D No peak runs until summer :| But there's several options around. Today's 10 was more mellow hills vs yesterday's steep peak climb.
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    2/1: 2.2 miles walk, 6.3 miles bike
    2/2: Rest/PT

TOTAL: 1/22 workout days

Last night as I was finishing up my walk, I decided to try a slow jog for the last two minutes just to see how things felt and to discuss with my PT. I haven't felt any pain in my shin since I stopped running four weeks ago and didn't feel any during or after my short jog yesterday as well. Today was a PT day and, though I was secretly hoping to be cleared to at least return to slow jogging intervals, I still probably have another 1-2 weeks before that happens. I think I'm at the point where I'm pretty much recovered from my stress injury but still need work on specific running mechanics and muscle strength in order to prevent myself from re-injuring myself. PT could tell I am pretty eager to get back to running, so he took some extra time to show me a few exercises I can do to get there, specifically focusing on landing mechanics/balance and core. The good thing is that I'm cleared for the elliptical now as well, which I'm excited about since that's probably the closest thing that I can get to running right now without actually running. Staying away from the pool for now since I've been experiencing hives off and on all week and I don't want to mix that with chlorine.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Feb 01     6.5T       6.5
    Feb 02     4.7T      11.2

exercise.png

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    So, someone in my running group found a Running Cruise! Its next Feb, on a Royal Caribbean 7 night cruise, that hits 6 islands, and includes a mix of 5ks, 10ks, and a 4 miler. A bunch of us are seriously considering doing it, and I'm pretty sure that I def will no matter what, since it combines two of my favorite things - running and travel! Has anyone ever done anything like this? Any running-themed group travel experiences to share? I'm pretty darn excited about it, lol

@KatieJane83
    I've never been on a cruise, but that sounds super fun! This summer, I have my 1st travel race planned. Well, we're going camping in Colorado, and I found a trail race that borders our trip dates, and talked my husband into letting me do the half while he and the kiddo do the 5K race. It's at the end of the trip so I hope to be acclimated to the elevation by then. :)

Yeah, I'm really getting into the whole 'destination race/run' idea. I'm doing my first in May: will be doing the Tinkerbell HM in Disneyland, spending a couple days in the parks and getting to visit Disney Animation Studios (have a connection with someone who works there who offered to get me in, *squeeeee*!), and then meeting up with my parents in San Francisco for a few days, while they're on their vacation, lol. Last summer I went on a couple short runs while doing a Glacier Nat'l Park trip, just to say I ran there, haha. And it's good that you're thinking about the elevation because I def felt the difference when running in Montana at ~4,500 ft, vs where I live, at about ~240 ft, lol.

I've done two cruises in the past and enjoyed both of them, so I really like the idea of this. This is what the running/activity schedule looks like:
    - 5K Friendship Run/Walk in San Juan.
    - 5K/10K Run/Walk in St. Thomas along one of the world’s most beautiful beaches.
    - 4 Mile traditional Hash Run/Walk and party in St. Kitts.
    - 5K or 10K Run/Walk in the picturesque island of Antigua.
    - A day off of running, join one of our private group excursions, including a Hike in the lush rain forest surrounding the breathtaking volcanic mountains, kayaking, and more in St. Lucia.
    - 60-Minute Pirate Amazing Race and Beach Party in Bridgetown, Barbados.
    - Rise and Shine with Coach Jenny’s Deck Run/Walk and Stretch and John “the Penguin” Bingham’s hilarious talk on running, walking and living a healthy life.
    - Celebrate your active vacation and life with your new friends at the Awards Party!

I like that none of the runs/races are super long, so it will still feel like a vacation, lol

That sounds so awesome!!! I'm not sure I could think of a more amazing holiday!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner That app looks awesome! I've just installed it and configured it for Saturday's race already. :smile:

@RespectTheKitty Love the vest! I have a hoodie that's a similar colour; no worries being seen when I have the thing on, lol.

vmkaedy8bt51.png
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty excited about the app too @garygse . What race are you doing?? Have fun and good luck!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner Thank you! I'm doing the Dallas Hot Chocolate 15K....it's my first race since I started running back in July so I'm pretty excited about it!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    2.1.17 - 11.5 m. TM @ 8:00 pace.
    2.2.17 - 7.5 m. TM RH Lvl 1 9:25 pace.

@kimlight2 - I see you will be running Cleveland - I will be pacing the 4:55 marathon group.

af14hjo0lqi6.jpg