Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    grace173 wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!

Yes. A time and a place. A time...like after a shower. A place...like in a locker room.

Ok. Some people have a problem with me not liking the nakedness or the lotion. There, now you know. Some people don't like the nakedness or the lotion. I said it. Ok. I'm not the only one. There are others. We wear bracelets

Are you one of those people that brings all of your stuff to the shower with you and takes 15 minutes getting dressed, all the way to your shoes and jewelry, in the privacy of the shower while the rest of us are waiting in line?

Because there's my gym annoyance.

No. I hate that too. I just don't want women naked around me or talking to me while they are naked. There is nothing wrong with that. My new gym annoyance are women that have a problem with me having a problem with their nakedness :)

HOW did you make it through junior high and high school? We didnt even have shower curtains in our locker rooms.

I'm not annoyed with your or anything. It's something more like pity. Like...oh wow? That must suck...having to feel uncomfortable with very basic societal norms.

Societal norms include parading around in front of strangers completely naked and having extended conversations while in that state of undress?

I was in the Army and lived in military barracks that entire time. Most of us kept a towel wrapped around us when not in the shower... I never found it "normal" or fun trying to have a conversation with some dude standing next to me fully naked with his junk eye level as I'm putting my socks on or tying my shoes.

Speaking of junior and high school... there were a LOT of kids there that wouldn't take a shower because of embarrassment at having to undress in front of their classmates. I remember them. They would just change, without showering... and it wasn't just a couple of them.

I'm sure there's different levels of what is acceptable to different people. But if I'm at my locker and someone else is 2 feet away, completely nude, applying lotion and generally minding their own business... it doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm STILL in the army. We didn't have shower curtains in our showers several of the places I've lived. We would chat and go about our business in various forms of undress. As ladies, we shared a bathroom with another company, so there would be women in there that I hardly knew. Everyone just carried on as adults. I do agree that it is not a societal norm to stand and face someone will full frontal nudity and make eye contact and have a whole conversation.

But...generally speaking, I don't get the issues with nudity. Especially when people are just minding their own business. You can get butt hurt about it if you want... I don't see what the big deal is. Then again, I don't get wound up about all that much.

I was in the Army, too, and spent a number of years showering without privacy. So nudity doesn't bother me, but still, I think the locker room and showers should be about changing/showering and then exiting the area. I think people who just stand there naked for long periods of time socializing without progressing to get dressed are getting some sort of enjoyment about it and it is creepy.

I've literally never met these people you speak of. Well I have, but on nude beaches where you'd expect that sort of thing (not my lifestyle, just a film shoot).

People that dry their hair with no shirt on? Sure. People who apply lotion in the nude? Yep. People who pull their pants on while asking me how the traffic was on my way in? Indeed. But not people who socialize for long periods while naked. Everyone is pretty much on a mission.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    *kitten*''ots who swing their sweaty towel while walking past. Sometimes it touches you. Putting the sweaty towel on the weights. So if you want to use it, you end up touching the towel or the weights it was on. Is it so hard to put it on the floor without causing obstruction? I feel like sticking my foot down their back side.

good lord, man

I've read all of your posts on this thread..... what kind of Neanderthals frequent your gym?

there's gotta be a different gym, sans dbags, where you can train.

The gym I go to, newly opened last year. Was able to get a good discount.
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    HooperDrivesTheBoatChief Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This one doesn't so much annoy me as I just find it comical: The extreme amount of jealousy in certain women at my gym. They see certain ladies who are in incredible shape and wearing some form fitting workout clothing and because they're insecure with themselves and/or no one wants to see their frumpy a## in those clothes, they have to put those women down. I hear it constantly. The whispering and rude comments. I know there have been times when the people they're referencing have heard them too. I strongly admire them for not paying any attention to these women and continuing being themselves and striving for excellence.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This one doesn't so much annoy me as I just find it comical: The extreme amount of jealousy in certain women at my gym. They see certain ladies who are in incredible shape and wearing some form fitting workout clothing and because they're insecure with themselves and/or no one wants to see their frumpy a## in those clothes, they have to put those women down. I hear it constantly. The whispering and rude comments. I know there have been times when the people they're referencing have heard them too. I strongly admire them for not paying any attention to these women and continuing being themselves and striving for excellence.

I've never seen or heard anything like this, but I believe you that it happens. Sounds pathetic to me. I'm pretty fit and I know I look good. My peers (middle-aged) are mostly pretty frumpy. I'm confident, but I'm not arrogant about my fitness and I don't disparage or mock people who aren't as fit. It's really nothing to me if somebody hates me for being something they're not. If I heard a disparaging comment I wouldn't feel bad for myself. I'd feel bad for them. Their meanness and insecurity is not my problem, that's on them. It's just kinda sad for them, though. It doesn't make you look any better to tear someone else down. It's quite the opposite, actually. :/
  • oka980
    oka980 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Racking free weights in locations other than their designated location + doing Bicep curls in the squat rack
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    oka980 wrote: »
    Racking free weights in locations other than their designated location + doing Bicep curls in the squat rack

do wrist curls count too ??

..... I'm asking for a friend
  • Motorsheen
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!

Yes. A time and a place. A time...like after a shower. A place...like in a locker room.

Ok. Some people have a problem with me not liking the nakedness or the lotion. There, now you know. Some people don't like the nakedness or the lotion. I said it. Ok. I'm not the only one. There are others. We wear bracelets

Are you one of those people that brings all of your stuff to the shower with you and takes 15 minutes getting dressed, all the way to your shoes and jewelry, in the privacy of the shower while the rest of us are waiting in line?

Because there's my gym annoyance.

No. I hate that too. I just don't want women naked around me or talking to me while they are naked. There is nothing wrong with that. My new gym annoyance are women that have a problem with me having a problem with their nakedness :)

HOW did you make it through junior high and high school? We didnt even have shower curtains in our locker rooms.

I'm not annoyed with your or anything. It's something more like pity. Like...oh wow? That must suck...having to feel uncomfortable with very basic societal norms.

Societal norms include parading around in front of strangers completely naked and having extended conversations while in that state of undress?

I was in the Army and lived in military barracks that entire time. Most of us kept a towel wrapped around us when not in the shower... I never found it "normal" or fun trying to have a conversation with some dude standing next to me fully naked with his junk eye level as I'm putting my socks on or tying my shoes.

Speaking of junior and high school... there were a LOT of kids there that wouldn't take a shower because of embarrassment at having to undress in front of their classmates. I remember them. They would just change, without showering... and it wasn't just a couple of them.

I'm sure there's different levels of what is acceptable to different people. But if I'm at my locker and someone else is 2 feet away, completely nude, applying lotion and generally minding their own business... it doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm STILL in the army. We didn't have shower curtains in our showers several of the places I've lived. We would chat and go about our business in various forms of undress. As ladies, we shared a bathroom with another company, so there would be women in there that I hardly knew. Everyone just carried on as adults. I do agree that it is not a societal norm to stand and face someone will full frontal nudity and make eye contact and have a whole conversation.

But...generally speaking, I don't get the issues with nudity. Especially when people are just minding their own business. You can get butt hurt about it if you want... I don't see what the big deal is. Then again, I don't get wound up about all that much.

I was in the Army, too, and spent a number of years showering without privacy. So nudity doesn't bother me, but still, I think the locker room and showers should be about changing/showering and then exiting the area. I think people who just stand there naked for long periods of time socializing without progressing to get dressed are getting some sort of enjoyment about it and it is creepy.

I've literally never met these people you speak of. Well I have, but on nude beaches where you'd expect that sort of thing (not my lifestyle, just a film shoot).

People that dry their hair with no shirt on? Sure. People who apply lotion in the nude? Yep. People who pull their pants on while asking me how the traffic was on my way in? Indeed. But not people who socialize for long periods while naked. Everyone is pretty much on a mission.

If you go to your local community rec center I think you will find that there is no shortage of naked elderly men milling around the locker room who are absolutely not on any type of mission.

This is definitely the case. Many old guys have lived long enough to be comfortable in their bodies. I can't be mad about that.

edit

*shrug
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I don't understand being weird about nudity, either. It's the natural state of the human body. I walk around naked all of the time and only "warn" my 13 year old son that I'm "coming through the house naked" just in case he has some weird, teen issues that I'll need to correct.

But locker rooms are FOR being nude. And from what I've noted, the people most likely to stay nude/be the most nude are the much older ladies who give zero *kittens* what anyone thinks. And I think that's awesome. I mean... if a person is sensitive to nude bodies, why are they in a locker room??

The talking I totally get. Not because of the nudity, just the socializing is annoying.

• Motorsheen
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I walk around naked all of the time ].
    I walk around naked all of the time

Hi !
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    ... you think your son perhaps not wanting to see his mothers junk a weird teen issue that needs to be corrected? lol

Just being weird about nudity in general. I've always taught him that he shouldn't confuse normal nudity/body parts with sex because that's how kids end up with weird, ashamed, body issues and sex hang ups. And yes, if me passing by nude is more than "annoying" to him, it's an unhealthy mentality that would need correction. But he just ignores it/isnt phased by it. Which is exactly what nudity should be viewed as: normal/common/nothing.

ie collecting National Geographics for the nudes
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    ... you think your son perhaps not wanting to see his mothers junk a weird teen issue that needs to be corrected? lol

Just being weird about nudity in general. I've always taught him that he shouldn't confuse normal nudity/body parts with sex because that's how kids end up with negative, shameful, body issues and sexual hang ups. And yes, if me passing by nude is more than "annoying" to him, it's an unhealthy mentality that would need correction.

It's not like I'd sit around with lady-bits out all day. But I shower with the door open, dress/undress as I'm roaming the house, etc.

He just ignores it/isnt phased by it. Which is exactly what nudity should be viewed as: normal/common/no biggie.

* friend request expedited
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Just being weird about nudity in general. I've always taught him that he shouldn't confuse normal nudity/body parts with sex because that's how kids end up with weird, ashamed, body issues and sex hang ups. And yes, if me passing by nude is more than "annoying" to him, it's an unhealthy mentality that would need correction. But he just ignores it/isnt phased by it. Which is exactly what nudity should be viewed as: normal/common/nothing.

Bingo!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    People who play the music too loud to the point where I can't hear my own music.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

hahaha....

wait.

that's weird ?

drat.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

hahaha....

wait.

that's weird ?

drat.

Uhh. Yeah. I got rid of mine months ago.