Options
12345679»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'd say at this point your best option is just to shoot for maintenance. I'm pretty sure I'd have issue losing weight eating out and drinking 3-4 nights per week...I could maintain for sure, but I don't think I could cut weight doing that.

Married, so haven't dated in awhile, but dinner and drink dates were always my least favorite kind of dates...I always found them to be so awkward and borderline fake. I always liked doing something...my wife and I's first date was taking the Tram to the top of the Sandia Mountains and hiking around for a few hours...we weren't stuck awkwardly staring at each other and making small talk to break up silence...we hiked around, talked, joked around, laughed, etc. We wore appropriate hiking gear so we didn't look all fake and made up...got sweaty, and decided we had such a good time that it warranted a stop at the restaurant on top of the mountain for some suds.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Can't blame you for hitching up with that kind of lady.

We still prefer stuff like this...we have date night Saturday and we're going to the climbing gym...and then out for beers
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'd say at this point your best option is just to shoot for maintenance. I'm pretty sure I'd have issue losing weight eating out and drinking 3-4 nights per week...I could maintain for sure, but I don't think I could cut weight doing that.

Married, so haven't dated in awhile, but dinner and drink dates were always my least favorite kind of dates...I always found them to be so awkward and borderline fake. I always liked doing something...my wife and I's first date was taking the Tram to the top of the Sandia Mountains and hiking around for a few hours...we weren't stuck awkwardly staring at each other and making small talk to break up silence...we hiked around, talked, joked around, laughed, etc. We wore appropriate hiking gear so we didn't look all fake and made up...got sweaty, and decided we had such a good time that it warranted a stop at the restaurant on top of the mountain for some suds.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Can't blame you for hitching up with that kind of lady.

We still prefer stuff like this...we have date night Saturday and we're going to the climbing gym...and then out for beers

Couples like you are why I keep dating. I know he's out there. :)

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I was just reading back through some of this and I want to offer my sincere apologies for some of the typos...Talk to text hates me. Cheers friends, thanks to everybody who commented.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My pizza/whiskey date just left and now I'm bingey. I give advice and then don't take my own :) #refeed #willsquatwelltomorrow
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Ugh. My pizza/whiskey date just left and now I'm bingey. I give advice and then don't take my own :) #refeed #willsquatwelltomorrow

#everythingisfine
    5hnTnPO.gif
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »

#everythingisfine
    5hnTnPO.gif

As I eat a bowl of pasta....

I'm tired of being in a deficit anyway. I want to lift all the weight.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »

#everythingisfine
    5hnTnPO.gif

As I eat a bowl of pasta....

I'm tired of being in a deficit anyway. I want to lift all the weight.

Gotta eat big to get big. I usually do my PR's on a nice carb load. #staypositive :smiley:
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Maybe try communicating for a bit more online before meeting in person, that way you can be a bit more selective about who you date. Also, if meeting for the first time you could suggest a coffee date first. That way you won't find yourself wasting so many calories on guys you will only see once anyway. Try low calorie alcoholic drinks or only having one alcoholic drink on a date as well especially if you have work the next day, that is a good reason to not drink alot. Also choose a low calorie menu option, ask questions about how the food is prepared. If the portions are huge cut the meal into quarters. Eat a quarter of your food, drink two glasses of water and then wait 15 minutes before deciding if you want more.

As well, just remember you're always in control of what you eat and drink and no one can force you.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Don't mention diet on a date... workout extra before you go..the day after...and eat light to compensate. Then order the lean stuff. He'll just think you're fit and healthy. If going out four times a weeks means happy hours to meet guys.. you could be in trouble..unless you nurse a drink and say NO to bar food.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Don't mention diet on a date... workout extra before you go..the day after...and eat light to compensate. Then order the lean stuff. He'll just think you're fit and healthy. If going out four times a weeks means happy hours to meet guys.. you could be in trouble..unless you nurse a drink and say NO to bar food.

I don't think she's on a diet, though, as she wants this to be a permanent lifestyle change. I have met a couple guys who think it's cool I have had such determination to change my lifestyle and my diet . . .and really, all diet means is what you consume. People say all the time my diet consists of . . . . or whatever. I dunno, I don't think I'd specifically bring it but if he mentions something about me running (which I have on my profile) or changing up my lifestyle (which I also have on there) then I don't see why I couldn't talk about it. I am not a typical salad and water girl though, I like to get to know someone. I won't pretend to be someone I'm not because if they want a second date based on the first - where I was someone I'm not - then I have to keep that up and that's just really, really exhausting.