March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Thinking about doing cross tomorrow. My stupid left foot is giving me trouble (it's my shoes, they are beyond spent- can't figure out what shoes to replace them with though so this problem continues -_- )
    @JessicaMcB What sort of foot problem? I'm going through one myself (as mentioned above) at the moment.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    05/04 - short interval workout, prior to shooting off to airport
    exercise.png
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    01/03 3.86 miles
    02/03 Rest
    03/03 2.78
    04/03 Rest
    05/03 7.05

Total 13.69/60target
  • SAFC1965
    SAFC1965 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    01/03 4.17
    02/03 Rest
    03/03 3.09
    04/03 Rest
    05/03 7.5

Total 14.76/70 target
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    It's good to see you back @WhatMeRunning B)
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 4.1 km
    3/5 - 4.2 km Original plan was 7+ km but recovering from a cold so could only manage 4 (at a snail's pace :smiley: ).

Total for March - 8.3/50
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »

Thinking about doing cross tomorrow. My stupid left foot is giving me trouble (it's my shoes, they are beyond spent- can't figure out what shoes to replace them with though so this problem continues -_- )
    @JessicaMcB What sort of foot problem? I'm going through one myself (as mentioned above) at the moment.

@dpwellman I am fairly certain I've effed up (idk how, I'm not booking into my ortho over this lol) the bone in the top of my left foot, about two inches up on the tendon near my big toe. If I put any pressure on the foot it's fine but when the tension is released there is sharp pain and the area is visibly raised through my socks. My own damn fault since I've run these shoes so long I've worn holes on the insides of them and taken 100% of the tread off them.

If anyone has any great shoe recommendations for overpronation I am ready to absorb all your shoe feelings
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    anyone who sings REALLY LOUD while running? is that rally bad? obviously not in a crowded place. curious because I love to let myself go for example whn on an open field but I also don't want to look psycosocial and get arrested, especially here where everyone stares at runners like they are aliens

Yes!! Not really loud, but I do often sing out loud when doing long slow runs. I can't help it. Lol!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Welcome @HRKinchen
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Mentally just couldn't motivate myself for long run today. By the time I worked up motivation to run it was too late to get it completed in daylight hours so decided to switch things around a bit and do one of next weeks runs now and come back to the long run either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Revised plan called for 45mins steady, but I ended up doing about 50minutes plus a cool-down which took me to about 9.9km so I jogged a little way past my house to make it 10k total. Had a 17mph wind but my two-lap route is relatively sheltered. However, I got caught in a brief shower early on in the run, and the wet/windy combination meant it felt colder than the 8C my phone claimed and had some unpleasant nipple chafing! As was a relatively short run at a decent pace I was ok, but my fingers took a while to warm up afterwards.

exercise.png
    2-Mar: 1k TM + 7.8k steady
    3-Mar: 10.1k easy
    5-Mar: 10k steady
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: March MTD (goal = 95)
    03/01/17 :::: 2.3 :::: 2.3
    03/02/17 :::: 6.7 :::: 9.0
    03/03/17 :::: 5.1 :::: 14.1
    03/04/17 :::: 3.1 :::: 17.2
    03/05/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 19.9

Back to reality in the cold frozen northeast. I did a treadmill run today because I wasn't ready to go back out in the cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be much warmer so I figured I would transition more slowly :)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    @dpwellman I am fairly certain I've effed up (idk how, I'm not booking into my ortho over this lol) the bone in the top of my left foot, about two inches up on the tendon near my big toe. If I put any pressure on the foot it's fine but when the tension is released there is sharp pain and the area is visibly raised through my socks.
    If it's not a metatarsal stress fracture. . . Does it feel better with shoes on or off and whether your laces are tied or not?
    If anyone has any great shoe recommendations for overpronation I am ready to absorb all your shoe feelings
    Go with comfort. My shoe recommendation has always been go with the most minimal shoe one can, er, stand. My current favorites are Flyknit Nike Free Motion (previously Free 4.0), but Free 5.0 / RN Distance would be a better bet for most. Seeif you can try Nike Free RN Distance and Brooks PureCadence