March 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Ok, I know this number sounds really low for me, but I have post marathon legs and a ski trip (YAY!!) in March, so I'm only gonna go for 90 miles.

You deserve the rest! You may have already said this, but where are you going skiing? I am totally jealous, as this is the first winter in as long as I can remember that I did zero skiing and it's not looking too good for that to change. Have fun and ski a run for me!

I am going to hold out until I talk to the PT on Friday before I make any mileage goals for the month. I did bike on my trainer this morning. Only 20 minutes because I ended up in a time crunch, but it felt great. Zero pain on the hamstring. The quads were tight, but that's okay. I need to work those bad boys out! Today my hamstring feels looser and less painful than it has in a long time. Maybe there is something to this rest thing after all ;)

@lporter229
    We're going to Copper Mountain, CO! I can't wait. We've been going to Durango the past few years but wanted to try something new. We got our son out on some blues last year and he did great. March in Colorado is so pretty.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    karllundy wrote: »
    @Elise4270 - You are an MRC 'noser. :smiley:

In for 100. Hoping to exceed that by 10% like I did in February, but trying to be realistic.

Busted :p
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Hello, everyone.
    I'm a newbie to this group. Had a knee injury a few months back and just got the go-ahead to start running again.
    Goal for March is 50k.

Welcome!
  • lennyt91
    lennyt91 Posts: 40 Member
    exercise.png
  • cchen2015
    cchen2015 Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2017
    30 miles in March

exercise.png
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Hello March, first 10K run, TM-paced, which consisted of slow runs with fast(er) intervals ... not very good at slow pace though ... followed with 1 mile Interval/Biceps workout
    exercise.png
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    ariceroni wrote: »
    Woooo, I'm back! For those of you that remember, I had a stress fracture late last year. Took a bunch of time off, did PT for 8 weeks, and slowly returned back to running. It's been ~3 months that I've been running again so I think it's time to rejoin the challenge! I'm on track to have done 76 miles in February and, looking at my upcoming training schedule, my goal for March is 90 miles!
    Wow. Good. You'll make it, I'm sure.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Hello, everyone.
    I'm a newbie to this group. Had a knee injury a few months back and just got the go-ahead to start running again.
    Goal for March is 50k.

Welcome!

Thanks - looking forward to the challenge.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Next week is an "off" week. I'm tentatively going for 120 again.
  • cknott9
    cknott9 Posts: 7 Member

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    edited March 2017
    Date,,,,,,,,Miles,,,,,,,,Total
    1/3,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.1,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.1

exercise.png

February was a disaster, more and more aches, pains and niggles the further into the month I got. I've been working on strengthening my core the last few weeks and lots of strength training so hopefully onwards and upwards now
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    01/03 3.86miles