WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SueBDew, glad you are home from the hospital and hopefully will be on the mend quickly. "Gut" issues can be scary.

Katiebug, thanks for the music clarification. I recall one time our gym actually blasted some "offensive" music throughout the place and immediately folks came up to the front desk complain. They said it was in the "mix" they just bought and hadn't realized it was in there. Well over half the members at our gym are 50 and older, I'd say--good music critics, lol.

Hopefully the trainer you had words with learned his lesson. Sometimes folks don't seem to respect boundaries including their "noise" others have to endure. Or maybe they are just plain unaware. It happens.

Carol, how sad about your son's friend. Been there. Sending good thoughts his way.

Rita, I am proud of your optimism during this rough time. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Charleen, kudo's your quilt being accepted into the show! It's a lot of hard work that I don't have the patience for so I'm in awe of those of you who design and create them.

Lanette
    SW WA State where there's a "wind" advisory for early tomorrow morning. I'm guessing Seattle area will bear the brunt of it.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

We've nearly made it through another week.

Becca - Ooh, homemade rose water! What a luxury! Do you make it from your own roses?

Joyce - How wonderful that your nephews found the strength to fight addiction. They obviously have great family support.

Re - The soup thing is really this time of year, when it's not hot enough for air conditioning yet. I'll stick with open windows and fans as long as I can stand it, but once the A/C goes on, anything goes in the kitchen (although I do try to keep baking to a minimum).

Karen - So happy for the continued good news about Olivia - sounds like she is well on her way! My dad has a lot of mistrust for modern medicine. His mother and brother were the same way. But what I can't figure is why on earth if he was hurting badly enough to think of calling an ambulance, he wouldn't then do anything about it the next morning. If my sister hadn't insisted, he probably still wouldn't have called the doctor. That said, I'm very happy that he's still with us. We lost my mom at 66, and it was way too soon. She kept all of us, including Dad, in line.

Charleen - Congratulations on being a semi-finalist with your quilt!

Allie - I'm glad you're socking away some money. It's always good to have a little cushion, just in case!

Rita - I don't remember to meditate either. I know I ought to do it, but I just don't make time. It seems silly to have to make a duty out of relaxation, but we should probably set an alarm or something.

Carol - How sad about your son's friend. He'll never know how his choice affected the people who cared about him.

SueBDew - Glad you are home - now wishing you healing and a smooth recovery!

I've had a bad case of the don't-wannas when it comes to exercise, but at least I'm keeping my calories under goal. Now that I've got that back in hand, it's time to push myself to get back on the exercise.

My thoughts go out to everyone who is troubled or struggling right now.

-Yvonne in TX
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Bright sunny day here. Busy with odds and ends around the house. Skipped water class and now regret that. I work tonight and need to get dinner in the crockpot so we'll have some dinner to come home to at 9:00.

SueBDew - so glad you are home. Sending you healing prayers.

Katiebug - words across the screen = closed caption. I "lose" the simplest words more and more lately. My friends and I joke that we have become each other's translators. If one of us loses a word, someone else often knows it and chimes in with it!

Speaking of "losing" thoughts - I've forgotten who is struggling with storm cleanup... (Beth?)... I have to confess that I slept through the storms here last week. I wakened enough to know it was thundering and pouring rain. Thought - "Okay, no water class this am" and decided it would be a great day to sleep in. Didn't hear the storm sirens over my white noise machine. When I saw the news later, I found out we had had several F1 tornadoes touch down in our part of the city. A marina was severely damaged with lots of boats underwater. Luckily no serious injuries.

I am missing Marni and Kim. Hope you ladies are doing alright.

TNToni off to fix a beef, cabbage and bean soup
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    @suebdew i'm glad you are home and I hope that your body will get back to normal quickly!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options

Our church is doing an activity where you have a decorated card board box that is place all over your house. The objective is to remind that god does interrupt our plans at times and shows up when we need a nudge.
    I almost didn't take one because for me He has been nudging me constantly lately and I do not need a box as a reminder to that effect.

I took one decorated in hearts to remind me he is speaking. Listening is the hard part.

:heart:

Margaret you have made me laugh today! Your response to taking/not taking a box is exactly as mine would be!

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Wednesday's Progress
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B 11, L37, D53, AS 1 = 103g)
    2. Fiber 30g
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

Yesterday... was not my best day. Rebooting.

**Ginger in Texas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    CHARLEEN- Your quilt! I forgot to congratulate you on your semi-finalist (soon to be winning) quilt!!! Well, you are a winner to me already, regardless of whether your quilt wins. But it should. B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sue DH is on a soft diet for at least two more weeks. I have been cooking veggies to the consistency of wet noodles and sometimes even puree them and add to sauces. Today I took beet juice and added a tablespoon to the omelet I made him. Since he is also on low sodium I use more spices. I am adding turmeric and pepper (good for cancer) and what really made the omelet taste delicious was adding rosemary. Again the omelet was golden in color and you could not taste the beet juice. I also use the more expensive free range eggs. The yolks are definitely richer in color. I have to use veggies I can peel because the skins have too much fiber. I am also trying to find a way to have beets in some form daily because of the health benefits to the kidneys. He now only has one.

Beth glad we could share a laugh :lol:

Kelly love the attitude.

:heart: Margaret
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes (to use up time before the class) the took the HIIT class for 45 minutes. i'll be very sad not to be able to take that class. But hopefully I can talk Vince into coming down here in July and I can take it again. It gave me lots of good ideas. The plan for tomorrow is to do some yoga and then there is a step class. But the lady said last week that she wouldn't be there, someone else will. I just hope its not the person who does a zumba-like class. That's something I don't like.

Stopped at the store, got dinner ready then went in the pool. Boy, when we get back will I ever be itchy to open ours

Charleen - congrats on being accepted!

katla - is kimchi very salty? Very happy for your hubby

Mike's mom - you're getting it now. You're on a roll. Congrats!

Carey - great choice of colors

It always surprises me that gyms will play any music at all. Not everyone likes the same thing, and most people use an ipod or something like that anyway.

Lenora and everyone else - if you know that you are going to be away from your computer for a while, log just one food, anything, for the day and it will count as you having logged in.

Carol - how very sad for your son.

When I cleaned out the cat's litter box this a.m. I threw out the dip that our friend had made. I know he felt he was doing a good thing -- but honestly I didn't want it. I just didn't tell him that I was going to throw it out, but I did

Margaret - the hard part for me is when I ask God for something and He says "not now" or "no"

Becca - I know you'll take care of your hubby. But be sure to take care of you too

Toni - the day after we got here the SpaceX went up. All in the paper was about the sonic boom it made. Both Vince and I were here at 9 and neither of us heard it. We're right across the river from the space center. You look out our backyard and you can see the VAB

KJ - so sorry for your hubby but I understand how you feel

Beth - I feel a LITTLE meat is in many ways good. There are certain minerals (like heme iron) that are more readily absorbed by the body when taken in the form of meat. Then there's B-12

SueBDew - healing thoughts being sent your way

Michele in for now sunny FL
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Carol GA: My heart breaks for your son because his friend killed himself. This has got to be so hard on friends and family. :broken_heart:

Becca: I hope your husband's surgery goes well. :flowerforyou:

Sue: I hope things go your way and you feel good soon. :star:

JanetR: I love the Emerson quotation. I am also thankful for our friends here. :bigsmile:

Kelly: I hope your husband ends up in a better situation. He deserves better treatment. :grumble:

Michele: I have never tasted kimchi. I don't respond well to spicy foods. The jar says 270 mg sodium per ounce of kimchi. Enjoy your time in Florida. :flowerforyou:

DH went in to the eye doctor for a check up this morning and things are going very well. He can see better than he has in a very long time, even though needs a new glasses prescription. I'm really pleased with his attitude and the improvement to his ability to see.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kelly you are "flippin'" fantastic--so insightful, I am inspired by your attitude In The face of change and challenge. NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Got a fraud alert on my DH's debit card. :'( This is the second time since Christmas that either of us have had that happen.

(((Hugs))) for all of you who are having work related problems, health problems, family problems, etc.

Katla ~ So glad your hubby is able to see better.

Carol
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Margaret- I guess I missed the post about your DH's surgery but I also only have one kidney. I lost mine about 27 yeRs ago. I was very interested in the soft diet you prepare for him. My DH is trying to cook but I think that will be my job very soon. Good health to your DH.
    Kelly - you know how to make lemonad out of lemons.
    Katla -glad the eyes are doing well.
    Michele - I would love to see a space shot. My sister taught elementary school and took her class to see one.
    Thinking about peeling apples and cooking them like Cracker Barrel does them. Hope it works.
    Sarah -(((hugs))))
    SueBDew
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yvonne in Texas. I have yet to make rose water, but I wish to when summer comes! Saw the video on it and it looks fun! I have many gardening friends so l shall try to get roses from them. They say not to use florists roses because many use pesticides.

Here is husband home and grumpy!
    aapa1fyz1frt.jpg

I am making chicken fried rice to please both men, my bandaged horned guy, and my stuffy nosed teenager.

My hair looked exceptionally hideous today haha!
    Becca
    The greasy diva in
    Oregon
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to use the quote, insightful, inspiring, like, and awesome icons?
    Sue again