Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Fff
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ How cute he is. My 5 & 7 yr old grands are both losing theirs and love for the fairy to come visit.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Gloria – I think when we hear from our adult children that ‘they love us’ it is like we ‘finally know’ we have raised them right. Anytime you hear it, it warms your heart. Doesn’t matter the reason they said it.

Sharon – My original SS card had my name as I ‘go by’; then a few years later; when I retired, they had to add my other name, never go by it. But my license had to jive with it although I don’t sign anything with it. This started about 5 years after our marriage. They still don’t match. Was told I would have to go to an attorney and have it legally changed just to that the “maiden” ‘initial’ off so they would match. Did not do that, won’t do that, don’t use my SSN as a way to identify myself, not even on my DL. If one has a baby; they need to make sure that their ‘first’ name will be what they call them. Otherwise, when they go off to college … they will be called by their first name … period!

Lisa – I had forgotten how pretty your wedding gown was and how pretty you looked in it.

NYKAREN – It took me 3 years to get over being retired on a disability; but, now I am almost glad it occurred that way. According to SS; I am not longer considered ‘disabled’; but, now, just ‘old’. Sent me a letter to that effect. But, at least what I get won’t change, like my retirement check did when I turned 62. That was a shock because I had forgotten that they told Louis is would occur, he remembered it, I didn’t.

Heather – I agree – life does sort of sux from time-to-time. Yesterday, I was backing out of a parking place and had looked both ways; then a woman came barreling out from around the building and I backed into her. Boy, was she PISSED! Never saw her. At least I did not get a ‘ticket’; but State Trooper said it looked like I was ‘at fault’ since I hit her on the driver’s side rear. She was probably not paying attention, had a young boy in car in a baseball uniform. She got him out of the car at some point and she was talking to someone – flapping her jaws. I interrupted her and asked if she had called the police. She looked at me as if I had asked if she had warts on her @$$. “Of course!” She had been ‘on the phone’ ever since she got out of the car. I went inside to get my insurance agent to print off another current ID card. She was ‘rude’. She must have been ‘flapping her jaws, either to her husband or to somebody else, telling them they would be late if they made the game at all. Neither of us asked the other if they were ‘ok’. This occurred in the parking lot of my insurance agency.

Insurance agent came out and took pictures of my car, hers, and the broken glass. That made it worse. I was already needing to take it back to body shop to get the front passenger door fixed since it was not lined up correctly and when I slammed it a couple of weeks ago, it sounded like a tin can being smashed. Took it to body shop back then; and, was told to bring it back in a couple of weeks, since they were still working on cars damaged in the storms during January. So he will have to ‘fix’ that under my old wreck (from May 5th of last year); and, then fix the rear passenger bumper. I just hope they don’t keep it nearly as long as they did the first (but the damage to the front end was far more extensive that the rear is.

I agree that kids ought to ‘go off to college’ so they can ‘spread their wings and fly’. On orientation day at the University of West Georgia, the parents were specifically told ‘not to call their children’ during the first 2 weeks. DDnL#1 was ‘chomping at the bit’ not to be able to call DOGD. It showed DOGD that she was ‘off on her own’ and she ‘loved it’!”

Michele – No reason I stopped using lemon juice on salads, other than going out and asking for some; and, was brought by 2 small slices. I don’t answer calls that show it is from a town, or is an 800## unless I am expected it. I bet we get no less than 20 unnecessary calls from 8 in the morning until 9 at night. I block them on my phone; but, then, they roll over their calling number to the next one. Next time I get this call from Georgetown, GA – I am going to answer it with a loud “FU!” They literally call our house, at least once an house every day, sometimes more often. What I miss is having a phone that you can ‘slam down the receiver’ … nothing says, ‘don’t call back quicker than have the phone slammed in their faces’. Or, I will tell them ‘they have just called a murder scene, like the guy of the radio station did when they were pranking someone. Or answer it “Police Department!”

Lanette – Only could see the cup of coffee on the coffee beans, no article; but, I am like you … if that is the case … I will be alive at 100, whether I want to be or not. I drink a minimum of 6 cups a day.

Lenora
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Rita I love the pic! He is a sweetie with the cutest picture window :D
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday at last!

It's bright and beautiful here, and the birds are filling the air with their songs.

Kelly - Love your "problem flipping" attitude! I'm going to try doing that today. And your advice to your husband is spot on. That company has no loyalty to him, and there's no reason he should have any for them. He's got better things to do than work overtime for an employer like that.

Margaret - We were buying free range eggs at the grocery store too. But this week I found a "backyard egg lady" here in town! So excited! I pay less for the eggs, directly help a young family, and get free range, never refrigerated eggs. Your husband's diet sounds like a bummer, but it sounds like you're doing an amazing job of making the soft diet tasty at least.

Sarah - The new job sounds like it'll nourish your soul. Wishing you a smooth transition.

Becca - Who wouldn't be a tad grumpy with a lump on their head like that!?

Charleen - I'd missed the quilt. That is SO beautiful. Looks like a winner to me! You have a fabulous eye for color.

Re - Insurance companies are never happy unless they've explored every possible option for not paying for something.

Marcelyn - 100K?! Holy cow! That's an impressive accomplishment!

Karen - Oh, the photo of Katie and Olivia is lovely. Katie looks so happy.

Lisa - That wedding dress is stunning!

Heather - I'm with you... I wouldn't do 18 again either (although I wouldn't mind having that body back!). But I'd skip back to 38 in a heartbeat.

Lenora - I feel for you with the name thing. I've gone by my middle name my whole life. (Nothing against my first name, but it was my mother's so they called me Yvonne to avoid confusion.) When I got married the first time I dropped first name and used middle, maiden, last. When that ended in divorce I went back to my original name and now in this post-911 world I use my first name a whole lot more since that's what anything legal demands. When people comment on our different names, Philip likes to tell them he kept his name when we married.

This morning I have to run Luna to the vet for her checkup and rabies booster. Philip is usually off on Fridays but he took a half-day shift this evening so I'll have time to myself to get in a workout and then do some sewing on the shades for the river house.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

-Yvonne in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sharon Very tough day. ((Hugs))

Lisa! That dress! A show stopper!

Rita So cute!

Heather Sorry about that boiler! Cold house is no fun. Do you have fireplace insert?

We are currently without an oven, waiting on parts, so my roasted vegetable kick is temporarily on hold. Plus our grill died last summer so I can't even do that instead. Back to eating them raw, which I like almost as well as roasted. For other things I am reduced to using stove top, microwave, or instant pot. Poor me! LOL!

Happy Day, Everyone! Taking my partner to physical therapy today, she still can't drive after rotator cuff surgery.

Have the day off work today, yay!

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Katla - I am also thrilled for your DH. <3 Being able to read easily is what keeps me sane. I wear store bought reading glasses. Actually, last time I bought a job lot from Amazon. :D

Karen VA - We have a gas, log effect fire in the living room, which is keeping us warm right now. DH wants to watch rugby tonight so we remembered we have an electric convector heater somewhere buried in the garage, that we bought for our previous, rented house. We have just unearthed it and it is now warming up his room upstairs so he can enjoy the rugby. We also have no hot water so I might be boiling kettles to wash my hair for Bea's party tomorrow. :| My ex might be there so I have to look my best. :bigsmile:

Tonight we are having Tandoori Monkfish Kebabs. :D One of my very favourite things in all the world. Not cheap though. :grumble: I am going to have a low alcohol cider with it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lanette – Yep, with my daily intake of coffee; I plan on living a long time. Hopefully free of any Alzheimer’s, too.

Kelly – I’ve never been in a job that I was personally affected by change; but, Louis has been. He had been painting houses for about 5 years, on the side; one day he got told his area would be cut and shared with another established salesman. He came home and told me what had happened and he started working full-time after that. His brother retired from the Air Force and had just broken up with a woman, so their mother thought it would be a ‘help’ for both of them to work together. So he moved in with us (until I found his service revolver hidden in my DYS’s clothes). I told him to empty it; he told me he never slept without it loaded by his side. I told him that was NOT going to work and suggested to Louis that he tell him that he’d have to move somewhere else. Which he did. They’re still working together; but DBnL isn’t in very good health, hasn’t been the same since his youngest son died of cancer about 3 years ago and got very ‘grumpy’. I don’t say anything to him unless he says something to me first, except when he is ‘joking’ with Louis and Trey.

Yvonne – When someone calls me by my first name, they either do NOT know me, or they are in the medical field (hospital or MD). I can sign my name better that way because the movement is more up and down; but when I try to sign the name I go by, it has too many circular letters. But, I really like my name I go by because it is unusual (or old-fashioned). I was named for both great-grandmothers on either side. My mother thought that my paternal grandmother would have been ‘thrilled’ that they were using her mother’s name. WRONG! She wanted them to name me “Tallulah Autamia” … Tallulah being her middle name; and Heaven’s only know where she got “Autamia”. I would have run away if they had named me that. My grandmother did not particularly like that her ‘oldest’ son had gone and married a ‘city girl’.
    I think I would keep the “André” no matter what … it just flows well with Lenora.

Margaret – My DDnL#2 has chickens in her yard; about 4 of them – good layers.

Lenora – Off to go ‘spark joy’ in my house
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Thursday's Progress
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B3, L25, D25, MS8, AS3 = 74g)
    2. Fiber 30g
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

I got 28g of fiber and 9 active minutes. Need to step up the exercise.

Thursday was better. But I've got a few things to work out. My daily routine is off.

**Ginger in Texas
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ Your hair is really long and looks very wavy. :)
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Becca - Your hair looks good. I'm remembering when I had long hair and I would brush it so many strokes at night to distribute any oil and make it shiny. My hair was really thick and at one point it reached my waist.
    Ginger
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of yoga today. I looked at the Y's schedule and thought "oh good, the gal who does the zumba-like class teaches spinning at the same time so she won't be subbing". Only the gal who did said that the cardio was going to be zumba. I just don't like the music and it's so high impact not to mention that I'm really uncoordinated, so I just walked on the treadmill some. Didn't get anywhere near the workout I usually get. I should not have taken for granted that it wasn't going to be a zumba type class and have done a spinning workout.

We're meeting friends for dinner tomorrow and I was going to do some HIIT on the elliptical to burn extra calories, but the Y down here doesn't open on Saturdays until 8. Too late. So I'll do Kelly Coffee Meyers 30 minutes to fitness DVD here at the clubhouse.

Kate - you'll love "Hidden Figures". I really liked it. I honestly didn't know about those ladies.

Just found out that there will be some sort of pool party tomorrow. i was thinking that I'd be able to lie in the sun but I guess that won't happen. We should go to the store and at least get something to bring. I'm thinking a veggie platter.

Mary - have fun at the tournament

Rita - adorable!

Lenora - Vince won't answer any calls if he doesn't recognize the number. I usually will because a lot of Newcomers use their cell phones and the numbers are from where they moved from

Katla - how wonderful for your dh

Michele
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Lisa OMG what a gorgeous dress, very unique!
    Yvonne Thank you, it is feeling more real today as I started cleaning my office
    Becca Thank you for your vote of confidence, it just feels like I cannot lose :/

So I started cleaning my office and the weirdest thing happened. I started singing the Beatles tune"Hello/Goodbye" which is so symbolic, it is cliche! Funny eh?

My staff were sad today but we have a good idea. We have many news articles and other types of memorabilia about our program so we are going to sit together and make a collage. Our program will celebrate its 25th Anniversary this May and we will display our artwork there. This feels like a great way for all of us to start saying goodbye.

And no cravings so far and interestingly I feel happier today. Probably no cravings because I feel happier lol!

Love to all and always, thank you for listening, for your advice and just being here.
    <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    grogers511 wrote: »
    Becca - Your hair looks good. I'm remembering when I had long hair and I would brush it so many strokes at night to distribute any oil and make it shiny. My hair was really thick and at one point it reached my waist.
    Ginger

Cool Ginger! I can't wait until I can fix up sons desk as I dressing table. Painting it a cheery color a coastal blue? Get a nicer brush. The one I bought the other day was wimpy, sadly. $5 down the drain. Good ones cost.