WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Laundromat, then work out - don't forget to set your clocks back tonight, ladies... I'm gonna miss that hour, dang it.

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning all

No gym today but done 45 min walking with weights video and 20 squats holding kettlebell. Probably won't go to the gym until I get back from Spain as I only pay by the month and it's due tomorrow.

CHRIS - your date sounds nice, good luck for next time

Kate UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Spring ahead tonight for those regions that have daylight savings. I think Arizona does not participate. Getting spoiled here with little to no snow. Last storm came down as rain. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches tomorrow.

Katla glad DH is doing well.

DJ spectacular view.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Chris, one of my friends recently married a man she met through an online service. They courted for a long enough time to get to know each other. After several relationships where she was treated like an afterthought, this man treats her like a queen, showering her with gifts, services, respect, and admiration. I hope you'll find a winner the way she did.

:)Ginger, my husband answers the house phone and responds to solicitations just like you do...great advice. Sometimes he answers "Joe's pizza parlor" and they hang up.

:)Katla, I am so happy for your husband's successful surgery. What a great blessing for him.

:'( My walking partner called me this morning from the Emergency Room. She had chest pains and is being evaluated. So the dogs and I will be walking alone. I'll be listening to an interview on the "10% Happier" podcast.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    picgifs-cartoons-1860126.gif
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. I am so far behind that I am not going to try to catch up. I took the train with a friend up to Paris this week. She was looking for a rug and I went along to see my two sons who work in the Paris area. It has been a long time since I had an all girl trip. While we were there, we went to an auction. I had never seen one before. It was really fascinating. We walked and took the metro all over the city. The walking was fine, but all the stairs in the metro really killed my leg. It didn't help that we took the metro the wrong way once and had to do an extra two flights of stairs.

Sending good thoughts to all who have recoveriing husbands and friends.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-34X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Very short walk again today! 30 minutes on hotel treadmill!

I was excited to see a 0.6 lb loss! Yes, I brought my scale with me!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    hhhh
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    DJ - love your room with a view. I grew up on the MS gulf coast so I love the sounds and smells of the water. Enjoy your time there.
    Barbie-I had to laughs at the way Jake answers the phone because my hubby does the same thing.
    Not much happening here, still dealing with after effects of the hospital stay. Must say I am abit worried that my blood pressure is still high. Hope it will settle soon.
    Have a great weekend.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    chris inspiring post, good luck with your second date.

Sue do you have a BP cuff at home or a Fitbit that shows your heart rate? This can be so helpful so you don't overdo, and you're are aware of exact data. Take care, easier said than done, I know.

Barbie hope your friend gets a good report and gets better soon.

Had a nice long catch up phone call with my dear friend, all sorts of calamity and health scares to discuss. Will be making more food dishes for friends in need this weekend-seems like a tidal wave lately.

DD is home and slumbering till who knows when-looking forward to a lingering hug and a gab session-which means I will listen--not advise--listen and support--not try to fix--listen.. ah you get the drift ;)

Here's to a positive Saturday. NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Sending good thoughts for your walking partner. I hope they'll get things straightened out so that she can resume her activities soon. :flowerforyou:

SueBDew in TX: I hope your blood pressure settles into a safe zone soon. Take care. :heart:

NYKaren: Listening is the greatest gift. Your daughter is lucky that you know it. :flowerforyou:

DH is having a restful day today. I think things have caught up with him. He's in the sitting area with a heating pad and a good book. That should help a great deal. I'm planning to eat breakfast & go to the stable for my riding lesson and horse time. Doing something I enjoy helps me keep life in a positive balance.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • cbw1958
    cbw1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chris – Congrats on weight loss and date sounds great! I am trying to get my nephew to go to one line dating… do you mind we asking how your experience has been.

I love reading and borrow books on my kindle threw my local library too! Has anyone read a book they could not put down lately? Always looking for good books to read. I started and had a book club for about 10 years but ended last year due to moves, jobs and life...it was great while it lasted. I would not have read all the different genres if it wasn't for the club.

Just had egg white and veggie omelette (just do not like yoke) and trying to get myself motivated to thrown in laundry and go to the gym...giving myself until noon!

Definitely not looking forward to time change...it was crazy week at work and so will next week. I teach high school computers and I am an adviser for a group Business Professionals of America (BPA) and we go to states on Thursday and return on Sunday. I love the kids and like helping them but it is exhausting!! I will be going to work after mass tomorrow for majority of afternoon to get prepared! On the up side is I am out of the classroom for a couple days!

Still freezing and snowy here but not so blustery! I know it is silly to complain about the weather because nothing can be done about it...

Hope all have a good day!

~Cathy in freezing UP of MI~

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    MARY - you are so dedicated, shames and inspires me to do better

Today have done 2 Leslie Sansone vids with handweights, 50 squats holding KB, 2 min plank

When I'm on holiday next week the hotel gym isn't very good it has a bike and some weights but I thought I'd use water bottles and do squats which I can do in the apartment. Also there are lots of outdoor exercise machines which are mainly used by us pensioners Spanish and others. There are usually exrcise groups on the beach and line dancing groups on the boardwalk

We also have some very sophisticated outdoor equipment near to our pool and gym but weather hasnt been good and I haven't seen anyone using them yet just hope they don't get vandalised.

Kate UK
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)SueBDew in TX consider buying a home blood pressure monitor so you can keep track of your blood pressure..is it too high or too low?

:)Cathy in UP of MI, Book suggestion: "The Boys in the Boat"

:)Katla, have fun riding today.

:) Jake and I have an "errand date" this morning....post office to mail the final signatures so our income tax can be filed, drug store, hardware store, library, grocery store.

<3 Barbie in NW Washington--no complaining about weather, just choosing the right clothes to wear
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    becca that strawberry slab pie looks incredible, when you make it, you must post a pic! Btw, your hair looks very thick and wavy--healthy :)

Welcome new folks, keep checking in with us, it really works!

Now off to bake some egg bread- new recipe.

NYKAREN
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Whoops, sorry, that was set your clocks FORWARD. I'm a goober. A directionally dyslexic goober, at that.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did 45 min of Kelly Coffee meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an extreme cardio DVD. Since it's supposed to rain, I might have to do it down by the pool since there is a covered area there.

Ginger - since when don't Thin Mints work????? they work real well on my tastebuds. They just don't work well on the scale -- but you can't have everything. When any "charity" wants a donation over the phone, I always tell them that I can't commit at this time but would they send me some information. Never got any.....hmmmm

Welcome everyone new!

Chris - what a wonderful pants size -- from 16 to 6. Impressive

barbie - good thoughts for your friend

exercised, went to Publix to get a veggie tray and cheese/fruit tray and soda to take to the Pool party. Then we'll probably leave for dinner with my friend. Came home from Publix and started cleaning (boo) the condo. Only have the floors to wash, which I can do early in the day tomorrow. I'm also planning to do laundry. There doesn't seem to be much food that we'll need to take back with us. Can't believe the planning that I did.

Good day everyone.

Michele from NC who will be sad to leave FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stat for the day -

jog- 60min, 136ahr, 158mhr, 7.2-7.0speed, 9.22min mi, 6.41mi = 570cal
    Apple Watch- 629c
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Today's workout:
    Leslie Sansome 90/442k
    Lumowell abs 30/170k
    Bike 30/201k
    Elliptical 30/312k
    Stretch 5/20k
    Total 185 minutes @ 1145k

Re Hello/goodbye lol!

I received my new wearever pan and I love it. Nothing sticks, I don't need to use oil or spray and the cleaning is a snap. Will buy more.

Now to do nothing for the rest of my day!

<3 Sarah, Ontario