WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Penny - I was feeling quite nervous for your husband as I read your post. So very glad all ended well. I hope the TV crew learned a lesson and will heed the advice of the locals from this point on.

Mia in MI
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Yvonne wrote "Janet - Wow, Princess Mia is looking bright and alert! So glad she's home where you can spoil her!" Unfortunately Mia is in Denver and I'm in Oklahoma City, but my daughter (her Grandma) will do plenty of spoiling I'm sure. :)

Janetr okc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Plumber has been. The valve just needed tightening, that's all. Easy when you know how. :o:* So we have water again and another bill coming. :'(
    I did mention that the boiler seemed noisier than before it was fixed. So he took the cover off and tightened it all up. Much better now! He did say he hadn't seen one like it in a long time - it's so old. :|

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)/Beth, when I had my back surgery, they wouldn't let me leave the hospital until I was urinating on my own. They did an ultrasound of my bladder to make sure it was emptying rather than relying on what I told them. And they sent me home with some pills to make sure my bladder would continue to empty for a few days. Glad things worked out for your hubby.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

Barbie ... The hospital did exactly as you described for his first surgery ... why the handled it differently for this one is beyond me!

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lenora - Hubby's a scientist. There are NO military activities up here. It's illegal.

Heather – Your ancient boiler made me think of the waffle iron we have at the family's summer place in New Hampshire. It was a wedding gift... to my grandparents! They were married in about 1926, so it's really getting on in years. But back then, things were made to last. We had to take it in for rewiring a few years ago and the repairman treated it like a holy relic. :laugh:

Not much going on today so I'll jump to my accountability post.

Victories:
    Jogged 4.7 km (3 mi) despite -13°C (8°F)
    Prepped and ate my raw veggies, 540 g (1 lb 3 oz)

Defeats:
    Another slice of oatmeal bread with butter. It's gone now, thank goodness.

/Penny, progressing at the North Pole
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    v9pv7gx3oso0.jpg
    Floyd and pup yogi
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    hidee ho ladies~
    well the 55 safe driving course was very interesting and I guess I will be able to save 5% on the liability insurance... of course I was the youngest one there :o
    went and picked Chester up at groomers and dropped him off and then went grocery shopping , brought it home and put it away.. I am pooped .. so will hit the hay early...
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Speaking of M&Ms, Michelle, my YDD, loved them and I bought a big bag of them for her for Easter. I know that chocolate is terrible for dogs, but my dear dog didn't know it. He would do anything to get it. Anyway, he must have smelled it hidden in my closet. And I mean hidden. He had a way of finding hidden treats. He got to it, must have taken the bag away from the closet and then had his way with it. He ate chocolate chip cookies, the most delicious and expensive turtles and chewing gum. He died of old age.

Heather, how is the sale of your house going.

Karen, I just love those fat little legs Olivia has now. She is just so stinking gorgeous.

Joyce, Indiana
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    An ISTJ...INSPECTOR here.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Joyce - Everything is still pending. The estate agents are talking to each other. All the offers are on the table, but our buyers haven't sold their house . IMHO it is overpriced. We have had a buildings survey of the Hove house. Just the usual problems with an old house, woodwork etc. Just waiting, waiting, waiting. We hope our vendor doesn't lose patience with us. :o:'( Could take forever.

Our veg curry was heavenly. :D Tomorrow I'm going to cook duck breast.

I suddenly had the crazy idea of making croissants again. DH and I had huge fun when we made them once before. It takes 3 days as the dough rises overnight in the fridge! I will only have one. >:) I only serve them when we have guests (they freeze brilliantly ) and will take them with us when we go visiting. I think the recipe makes 16 smallish ones. :D<3 DH is much more accurate and patient than me so he does all the measuring, marking out and cutting of the long triangles. Thank goodness we have a big island unit!!! Will start the dough tomorrow.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Heather - Homemade croissants sound heavenly. Post a picture of the finished product please. I'd never attempt such a feat. I love reading of your cooking/baking projects. I'm always in awe. <3

Janetr okc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cheri LOL! I had to get out of Roz's suitcase when they weighed it. They weren't going to let her get on the airplane unless she paid for 3 extra bags.

Paula Congrats on your daughter's engagement!

DJ I hope you had fun at the Moose function last night! Was that what the pretty polka dotted dress and clear shoes were for?

Becky Sad about your niece, so sorry to hear about that.

Barbie How are you & the doggies doing? My mom used to eat tamales out of a can when my dad was on a trip, LOL! She gave herself a break from cooking.

Becca You are inspiring and fun. Your hair, your recent weight loss, your food photos, your brilliant son...

Katla I love the colors people put together when they are knitting. What color is the scarf you are knitting? I hope you got to lunge Arrow.

Mae I was under the impression eating shrimp raises HDL cholesterol a lot more than LDL, so overall they are good for you.

M&Ms I can taste the preservatives in them and the quality of the chocolate isn't wonderful so they don't call to me. Plenty of other foods do call to me, though. For example, Michele's Dove chocolates would taste a little too yummy and I would do better to keep them out of sight or not have them around at all.

Penny. God. I am so glad your husband came home in one piece. Next time he should say, "NO!"

Sharon Lethbridge Love the pub and the statue.

Sarah Ontario Wise words for Allie. "Most of the time, how does he make you feel? Is that the way you want to feel most of the time?"

NYKAREN You are one of the most grown up people I know.

Grandma Kelly Laughing, laughing, laughing! I hope little Joaquin can hold on until Grandma gets there to spoil him rotten!

Chris in MA You have had such great success with your weight loss that I am betting you have developed some good techniques for dealing with those social occasions...care to share? They can really trip people up.

Lisa I don't know what makes me quit logging either. It's the one thing that consistently makes a difference in my success.

Heather Vegetarian menu sounds delish. Glad you got your repairs accomplished. Hopefully there will not be a third.

Yvonne That town open house Thursday sounds like fun! Have a good time!

Joyce I know, isn't that something to see some chubbiness on that tiny Olivia frame? She was pretty lean, though not a preemie, weighing in at 7lbs 9oz at birth. She didn't have much fat, though. I don't know how much she weighs now. Tickled to see her at home looking sleepy and content.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow! st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Karen in VA - Olivia is so sweet, love those little legs. What a blessing.

Janetr okc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr I wonder how little Mia is doing adjusting to being home? She is such a cutie pie.

Karen in VA
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hey my fav ladies! Repositioning the NO MEN ALLOWED sign painted on with such happy colors!

Just awoke from an hour nap!! Today was my day to volunteer at the senior luncheon, and it was crowded! Everyone wishing their corned beef, cabbage and Irish soda bread. I didn't sing because a nice couple came with their electric piano. He had a full green suit on, both of them looked cute! I was able to get a hearty bread, and a plastic container of more spinach!! I am addicted you know? I once cried because we were out of spinach... I was on Jenny Craig so I was a tad cranky. My dear husband looked at me saying, "what is wrong with you?"

I made my own account on FB over the weekend. If you wish to hunt me down, (there are an amazing number of Becca gossett's). I have a picture of an elk, and a background of a small marina. Just send me a message.

Today I scarfed down the cupful of leftover fluffy tapioca from the other night... I don't feel guilty because I have been telling son to eat it for a couple of days now. Milk products last only so long! Plus its been in the frig starring at me!

Be well, know this is a safe haven, (well it is for me), smile because you are valued by this lot. Some days my best moments are reflection with you all. My life is blessed.
    Becca
    In sunny Oregon

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Loving all the baby pictures.

The little girls are
    Showing their stuff! So sweet.

We only got a dusting of snow,along with a couple days of heavy
    Wind,bone chillin for sure.So glad I was able to stay in.
    Has been 6 wks since I got the "whatever"....now it's hub's turn.He's always been so healthy....
    hardly knows how to deal with it.We are both achy & yucky.

BETH,glad the surgery went well for your
    guy .
    JOYCE,we are having a couple things done on the house,
    including new French doors with built in shades.They will install Monday.Have new drapes ready to hang.

DD will soon be in the middle of a huge kitchen re do.They bought a new gas cook stove last yr,but that & the fridge will be the only left overs.

BARBARA & anyone with a recumbent bike......would like to get one.What brand,price,
    type? Don't know what to look for. Any advice from the experts will be appreciated.

BECCA,DD washes her hair using water & baking soda.Rinced using vinegar water. A couple times a month,she uses a small dab of conditioner.Has not used shampoo in just over 2 yrs.

DH has basically slept all day & is back to bed now. Good night.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Wednesday's Progress
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B9, L23, D39, BBS 111 = 182g)
    2. Fiber 30g
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

Another late night binge last night. I think the cookies go in the food safe tonight. But really... wish I understood the psychosis here. Just read an article about binge eating. So... think I'll start trying this pause and urge interview thing and write it in a journal.
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/how-to-break-free-from-binge-eating/

Onward...

--Ginger in Texas
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) My recumbent bike is not a good quality one. It works for me and I own it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My suggestion is not getting something that's too inexpensive. You get what you pay for.

:) When Jake is home, I cook only one meal a day for the two of us. With him gone, I eat almost exactly the way I do when he is here but I can eat the same thing day after day because he requires variety and I don't. The dogs are doing great. I have to walk them more often because I'm the only one. Fortunately the weather is good.

:) Today it seems like the news is good about the health of babies and husbands. :)

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    <3