WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Lenora - bet if you continue to say "Fire Department" the message will get thru that they shouldn't call that number.

Cathy - stay safe

I like to download audiobooks then listen to them driving down here or at the pool. I did sign up for the digital library. Now in NC you have access to all of NC's library. But down here you only have access to this county's. And they don't have a lot. I thought I might get FL's and there'd be a lot more books to pick from, but no dice.

Michele from NC who has a pool party to go to tomorrow early then dinner with my friend
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Scam calls... I hang up.
    1. Never answer "yes". They can use a recording of your "yes" for some fraudulent purpose.
    2. The IRS will not call you. You'll receive paper notices.
    3. Microsoft or "Windows" will not call you about an error message.
    4. We never give donations by phone. We never pledge any amount over the phone. There are so many bad "charities" out there. We decided where our donations will go - then tell solicitors we're not interested and hang up.

You should hear the scammers in action. There are hundreds of YouTube videos showing these guys in action. If you ever get extremely bored... look for them. It's such a shame that people fall victim to these bad actors.

And... I keep getting calls from a company trying to sell me their air filtration system. First call: they did a 3 question survey. My answers didn't leave them an opening for the sales pitch. 2nd call - they wanted to bring their device to me to test for them and try it for free. I told them I had a system I was happy with and didn't want to waste their time or mine. Today - they said I won a prize... I said no thank you. Please quit calling here.
    I blocked their number today. If they call back... I'm hanging up with no words.

Ginger
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    grogers511 wrote: »
    980k68e88tv4.jpg

If only....
    Ginger

Stealing this!
  • way2busy2
    way2busy2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new.. (kind of).... I just returned to MFP after a long long long break. This time I went Premium. I figured I would be more committed if I invested in it.

I've had some success in the past with alternative day fasting and rebounding, so I'm going back to it. I also joined the gym and have a Fitbit.

I love to bake sourdough bread every week. I also recently discovered the joy of cooking with an Instant Pot.

My goals for March are:

Drink a lot more water.
    8000 steps per day
    Seven hours of sleep a night
    Eat about 800 calories on MWF.
    Eat in an 8 hour window
    Log MFP daily
    Use kitchen scale to weigh food
    Low sugar
    Go to the gym 2x a week.

I'm 63 and working only part time ( teacher) so I'm going to spend some time on improving myself.

Warmly,
    Bonnie

• Annr
    Options
    I cannot wait until summer to make this!
    aqwsp1utew92.jpg
    lof7uy6buto7.jpg
    Yummy!
    Becca
    Strawberries on her brain in
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    1d5helg4qyr2.jpg
    Oops the rest of the recipe!
  • Annr
    Options
    When you can't steal the magazine from the waiting room, you take photos!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Re: My honey and I thank you for your congratulations. :bigsmile:

Rebecca of Sunnybook Farm at the Oregon Coast: Enjoy your life. You aren't any sillier than me. I think I'm Dale Evans. Well, not exactly. She needed women's lib. :devil:

Ginger: Your phone warnings are valuable and wise. We follow the same practices as you. :smiley:

Dr Katie: How lovely that your gym group took a friend to lunch before he moves. I'm sure he will remember the occasion fondly. :smile:

Karen: Add my name to those who are pleased for little Olivia's good progress. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Riding lesson tomorrow! Yay!!! I'm happy that I do some things just for me. Riding lessons are one of them and yoga is another. They give me something to look forward to every week and the gift of enjoying my life.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all.

Paula Y
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    o:)
  • GloworminWA
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Full moon tonight - maybe that's why people including me have been in a funk!

Katla so happy for your DH. I can't imagine not being able to see well. It must have been very frustrating for him. Hooray for modern medicine!

Thank you Lisa for posting your wedding photo again. Your gown is just as lovely as I remember it to be. <3

Karen you must be so joyful for the improvement in Olivia. BTW I have a great-granddaughter named Oliviana. Big brown eyes like your Olivia.

I am really tired tonight and so glad it's Friday so I'm off to watch The Voice and relax. I'll be back tomorrow!

Love to all,

Gloria in WA where I think I can hear Becca woodling at me!

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I slept over 10 hrs.....Buddy snuggled up near my head Faith all taken care of for the morning, and Buddy and I are playing with wubba..
    Dont know what time Sean and Jean will be home.. but will hang out with the pup and take care of Faith.. she basically lays in bed and color's all day.. Tomorrow I will be able to do stuff at the house.. once I go home..