WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Sarah ~ I have a couple of the ceramic coated pans and like them. I also have the square orange copper pan and fry pan. Love them even more. My only problem with the ceramic pan is that utensils seem to leave marks.
  • kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    omw.. my first march goal best be remember to log and catch up on threads i've joined... ;/

so..
    March

1. continue logging everything accurately and add more items into the "my foods" section so I know they are correct
    2. continue with 5 days cardio, but start doing more weights and classes- they work quicker
    3. continue to lose 2lb a week and not worry about midweek ups
    4. start looking into macros more and carb cycling for a sustainable diet
    5. start adding some meditation and wellbeing time into my days
    6. finish the month at under 224lbs (16st)

I started logging food again in jan at 249lbs, not my heaviest- 279 ;/ in 2015. I seem to have hit my "on it" switch again so keeping that going is my main aim, not just for march, but to my goal weight, and beyond. I dont want to go from 140-279 in 3 years again... ever!
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Peach did you use plastic and wood utensils or metal?
    <3 Sarah
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Chris. Awesome job with your journey, it does give me hope! I wanna be willowy, graceful and flow thru this world with ease. Well that's my mantra some days! Your fsate sounded relaxed, easy conversations. You will have to give us updates now! And by the way you are beautiful, inside and out!

Lisa awe you aren't a Goober... Heck my teenager woke up at 3 am, ready to jump in the shower for school! "Um son, its 3am, go back to bed, plus its Saturday!'. He took Nyquil for his cold, so he was cold medicine loopy! Poor thing.

Kayit. enjoy your ride! You are amazing! Thanks for the compliment on my hair. We are still trying to get reacquainted! Haha!

Went to Astoria's food bank and rec'd lots of veggies, a hunk of coho salmon, a chocolate cake for my guys, a large fruit tray, I was really happy. We did have to stop at our grocery store for basket coffee filters. Their store brand 99 cents! Score!

Started a great book, ICE-BROOK VIOLET by Karlene M. Kubat. She is a Seattle writer. Great details, and I am lost in it. I am not a passive reader, but a reader that feels like the words are playing a movie in my mind. Anyway it's a good read!

Becca
    Widdling with a piece of straw in her mouth grinning at GloworminWA in
    Or-ee-gun
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome Lindapapin! Congrats on your journey thus far! We are a great gaggle of ladies, many of us friends for a couple of years now. Tell us about yourself, don't forget to bookmark us!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • cbw1958
    cbw1958 Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Barbie - thank you for book selection, it will be my next book!

I did not mean others could not complain about weather, I do ALL the time and I just figure everyone is sick of me whining about it :#
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sarah - did your pan say to use plastic or silicone utensils with it? I've been researching ceramic cookware and some say no dishwasher (I don't put my pans in the dishwasher anyway) and no metal utensils as it will scratch off the ceramic coating (also no scratchy side of a sponge). I'm debating between ceramic and good stainless steel (with either aluminum or copper in the bottom to evenly distribute heart). I am not going to buy non-stick again. Even when they have said that it will not flake, chip, or scratch it eventually does. The other thing is no screw on handles on pans or lids! I can't tell you the number of times I have had to tighten the screws. I think Wearever pans are what my MnL had that you used to buy from a dinner party held by a salesperson for the company in your own home. Her pans always looked like new and were great to cook in.

I do have a couple of 'Greenpans" - frying pans - that I love. Everything just slides right off of them.

Someone please tell me what the difference is between a SmartPot or InstantPot and an electric Pressure Cooker.

Need to get started in my kitchen and then grocery shopping so Hasta la Vista

Gloria in windy WA umbrella-on-windy-day-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Iiiiiiii
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Greeting my friends,

The convention is winding down. It's been a long day and I'm tired. I have to check out in the morning and get everything to my car and be at the meeting by 9:30, all dressed for the big ceremony. I haven't worn hose in so long I hope I can remember how to put them on. lol I'll try to get someone to take my picture of me in a dress. Not likely to happen again for a while. They say this induction ceremony is very nice so I guess I'm looking forward to it. I've read a few pages but not caught up but wanted to check in. Since we lose an hour of sleep tonight I need to get to bed.

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best of all that life has to offer.

Love,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA- Ros is here! Where are you?!

Went to the gym with hubs first thing this morning. Came home and had 1st meal of the day. Then crated the doggie and went off to the Houston airport to pick up our girl who will be visiting from VA for the week. We went to our son's apt in Houston so she could see it and we ended up having an early dinner (Meal #2) together there. He finally has a couch and chair so we all sat comfortably eating off his large coffee table. Very nice visit and as the hubs pointed out the first time of our son's apt living years that we actually didn't just do a drive by! Home now and getting the daughter hooked up to our internet. Will sit and chat for a bit then head to bed.

Don't forget to change your clocks! Hubs has already jumped us ahead an hour.

Hugs!

Cheri
    in rainy College Station, TX
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    KarenNY - and Barbie -I do have a home blood pressure monitor. I am keeping a log and so far it has been high. My DdIl who is a surgeon thinks it might have something to do with the amount of iv fluids I received. It put added pressure on my heart and one kidney. I am hoping it will right itself as I haven't had high blood pressure. Will probably call my friends internist next eeek if it is still high.
    SueBDew in TX