Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    jjjj
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Annieoldie – Triplets, single, single, and twins? Where is the 8th? OMGoodness; I can’t imagine that many multi-births in one family. Hopefully the multi-births are not from the same family. One of our former Governor’s daughters had a single, twins, then triplets. That is extremely unusual and they were really close together, like every 18 months or less. She had her hands full, for sure. I don’t remember which one; but, everybody could not believe it.

KJ – If I had one more inch of usable space on my counter top, I might consider finding an Instant Pot. I, too, feel so far behind. I know one of the things that my DYS and his wife want, when they find the house (or build it) is to have counter tops wide enough so they can hide all the toasters, blenders, and other kitchen stuff hidden behind doors. Boy, I would love that, too. I don’t have a whole lot of workable counter space; and, I would like to build extra cabinet with a counter between them; not sure how it would look; but, at least I could hide some things or put them where they don’t show. Right now I have a wire rack in front of a kitchen window that we don’t keep the blinds open because it would look pretty stupid. But, because of the doors on the other cabinets, they’d have to be custom-made.

Heather – ALL your grandchildren are beautiful, not just Bea. But, she looks like a rolly polly baby and heavy for a baby her age. Just a ‘chunky monkey’.

Queene in PA – We had so many political calls, that we just stopped answering the phone altogether and listened to the ones that left messages.

Lanette – I find that I often get ‘sick’ on Fridays after 12:00 Noon, at which time you could not ‘buy’ a MD and I would have to be ‘dying’ to go to the ER.
    Love the quote!

Lisa – Proud of you for not smoking and also for Corey. You will continue to feeling much better. The only thing I smoked in the way of tobacco was when my childhood BF and I went uptown and bought a Cuban cigar (tell the clerk that Daddy had sent us up to buy one) and took it back to the house next door to her grandparents and we turned out as ‘green’ as could be. Never smoked anything else in my life. Both sisters smoke for a while. My DMS’s in-law spoked; both chain smokers and there was a thick yellow film all over everything. We got a few things out of Louis’ uncle’s house and they both chain smoked. We had to strip down the rocking chair back to the frame; then bought material and took it to an upholsterer to have it basically remade and covered. We had stripped the gunk and restained it. Also got 7 pictures of Atlanta scenes (watercolor) I washed the frames and glad and then took them to be reinserted with new backing. Have no idea of the history. Don’t know if Aunt Alice painted them; but, whoever did … did them all.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Lisa, many congratulations to you and Cory on quitting, that is a major, major accomplishment!

Queene, thanks for the update on your finger surgery. Glad it was a success and you are healing well. I may have to bite the bullet and see about getting mine taken care of, sometimes it swells up and hurts so much and if I bang it against so,thing....OW!!!

Pitegny, one step and one new habit at a time and you can do it also.

Had a brief conversation with the "date" and proposed that on our next meeting he meet me at the mall and we can stroll around and window shop. I do this for exercise in inclimate weather. He thought it was a great idea. Tick another box.

Off to a wake and then the grocery store.
    See ya later.

Chris in balmy 20degree MA
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Swell~ we have a blizzard warning for Tuesday.. over a foot of snow or more possible... and of course Tom will take off for work and leave me here to snowblow and shovel.. which I HATE... hope they close the state down and he will have to stay home..

He is just thoughtless.

I am facing the same storm but the bright side is that when they come this late in the season the snow melts quickly. I've made plane to stay with friends who live in the same town I work in. My son will have it taken care of by the time I get home. I am fortunate in that regard.

Chris in MA
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    https://biggeekdad.com/2015/02/amazing-typewriter-artist/

I don't know if this link will show up for you. It is the MOST AMAZING video I have seen in a long time. IF you cannot open it from this link, I suggest you try to copy and paste it into your browser search line so you can watch it. As an artist myself ... I was totally blown away!

Lenora
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Kkkk
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    2070811vp07k0uo5t.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Lenora WOW!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) Jake is going to visit a friend shortly and then I can have my "date" with the exercise bike and the TV and not wear headphones. When he's home, I wear headphones primarily so he won't listen to the dialogue and interrupt to ask questions like "Are they married? or Why did they say that?" The lunch he fixed today was delicious but I noticed the oil more than I used to.

<3 Barbie
  • annieoldie
    annieoldie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi GRITSandSLUTS

Son has triplets ( non identical) 3years 2 month with one more due in July. Lives 45 minutes away; her parents are Australian so I am the source of help.
    Older daughter has daughter almost 2. Lives 1hr 15 mins away
    Younger daughter has 17 month old daughter with identical twins due in next few weeks. Lives 2hr 20 mins away
    I have to be fit to help out!!

Antibiotics now finished, only dozing off once a day which good. I just need to walk more each day but of course today it poured down.

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I don't know how in the world my husband and I would have ever connected if we were using the cyber world to communicate. Today he learned for the first time how to use the 'OK Google' feature on his phone. So he has been enjoying ask it all sorts of questions. One question he asked, and I truly don't think he himself doesn't know the answer is 'what is the meaning of life'. When I asked siri, her answer about the meaning of life was completely different than google!!!! I guess we are to answer that ourselves.

Today, out of the blue, my oldest asked if we would be interested in going on a cruise with them. They have been saving like crazy to go on this RVcation for 3 weeks this summer. But then her department was eliminated from her job so she is in another job and might be able to get a week off but not the 3 weeks they had planned on. I don't know if we would go with them or not.

We have had wonderful weather, in the 70's this week but this morning it was 27 degrees and I had my winter coat, ear muffs, gloves and scarf on! The sun came out when I was in church so all I needed going home was the coat.

I am also fighting those urges to eat I want a waffle with all the fixins on top! I don't want the egg and meats that would come with it if we go to Bob Evans tonight but that waffle sure sounds good. God give me strength.

Joyce, Indiana
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lenora, I hear you on getting ill on Fridays - never fails it seems...docs all booked up if in at all and "go to the ER" is frustrating. Our town does have an urgent care clinic open on the weekends which helps, but still it's a pain! I think they staff with trainees. Yikes!

Loved that typewriter artist. Very, very talented!

Gals, regarding walking - I recall a Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk that used little weights. She said even if you couldn't raise them above your head or to the side while walking, even just wearing them gives somewhat of a workout. I have little glove weights, 2/3# each, that I often use when I walk, just have elbows bent and swing the arms from the shoulders a little. I remember reading that ankle weights while doing cardio can be problematic if a person has joint problems.

I love hearing all of the success stories on here - many of you have gone from sedentary to active, much slimmer and healthier and have kept it off for years. :p

And thanks Queene and Becca for more book suggestions! Queene, my DH is still smoking, has cut back a lot but cannot stop. He started over 55 years ago stealing smokes from his mom - back then the doctors smoked in their offices. I smoked for about ten years and was able to quit cold turkey after a couple tries. Lisa, you are showing good signs of being a "reformed smoker" - it stinks! :s

I got the munchies again last night - yesterday I was "out of sorts" in a low-blood sugar way and ticked off at technology - can't get my Fitbit goals to change, I guess they've upgraded their website (I don't use a smart-phone app) and am still running Windows 7 XP. Still trying to figure out which version of IE this laptop is running - DH was in IT for years and so many changes he's started to get perplexed. We tried upgrading to Windows 10 - disaster, so we limp along "unsupported."

Anyhow, didn't know if my irritability was low serotonin, the sugar monster rearing it's ugly head or what. So had a brief interlude with Little Debbie. Today I'm feeling great, good mood, not hungry really - so the glycogen levels must have been restored. I hadn't cut out complex carbs, just cutting added sugar way down.

I think there's some factor here of learning what our bodies need and dealing with that. I remember Dr. Lustig in his book "Fat Chance" said it's OK to have sugar now and then, just cut out the daily harmful sugar overload habit.

It's all good and the NSV's so far have been worth it.

Lanette
    SW WA State where it's in the 50's - and feeling chilly reading about you gals on the east coast with upcoming blizzard!

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did 45min of an extremecardio DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an advanced Pilates DVD.

I have one of the weirdest menus. For dinner I want to finish up as much as possible, so I'm having a whole wheat round, laughing cow on it, along with an egg and egg substitute, then roma vegetables. Tomorrow's breakfast? a whole wheat round (that'll be the last of them), an egg (the last one), egg substitute (I can't manage to finish that up) with mushrooms on it (I need to finish them) and the olas of the green mountain cheese greek yogurt.. I'm really surprised at how we've finished almost all of the food. I have such a little to take back. Which is good

I'll be sad to leave. Hopefully, I can talk Vince into coming down in July. Wish me luck!

Went to dinner with my friend yesterday. Had crab cakes, steamed broccoli, but then a chocolate mousse. But I did have only water to drink and then a cup of tea.

It was in a way funny at dinner. First the waiter said that my dinner went to the wrong table. Afterwards, the truth comes out that he deleted it so the kitchen never got my menu. then, when it comes out, there is a salsa on it. I didn't want any dressing. Well, I asked for the Hollandaise on the side which they didn't do but I wasn't going to eat it anyway so no harm done. Then...they drop the plate with my dessert so I had to wait for that. It was just a series of comedies.

Sarah - I have one of the ceramic coated pans. I just find that the nonstick is better if I use a nonstick spray, but that's no biggie. I just don't like the T-Fal. But I love this one. I have a small one for at home and the 8" here at the condo.

Went to the pool party yesterday. Someone had chocolate covered strawberries, had some of them and cheese and veges. Oh, an apple slice. You know, it was sort-of clickish, but I guess I can understand. The people who live here year round and those who have rented for months have made friendships. They weren't too willing to make friends with someone who isn't here much of the time. but from talking to people in the pool, when I say that we own the condo, suddenly their tone changes.

We went to the cat show. vince (and i) really thought there would be more vendors. Came home and did 3 loads of laundry, washed the floor (boy, does it get dirty in 3 weeks), made dinner and breakfast for tomorrow. Now on here. This will probably be the last time until we get home

Welcome everyone new and returnees!

Heather - I'm with you. I don't know what I'd do without my freezer. Honestly, I wish I had a larger one.

queene - you know those Direct TV people who are in WalMart trying to get you to sign up with them? If Vince has time, he loves to mess with them. They usually can't answer any of his questions....lol He asks the technical ones, and they don't know that stuff.

Lisa - I'm so proud of you and Corey for quitting

Got the newspaper, I was really hungry so I got 4 slices of cheese from their deli. Everything is such a large portion! I might have gotten 1/2 a sandwich, but do you think they sell just 1/2? No... I also got some oranges to take in my bag of food to have.

Michele who will be going back to NC tomorrow
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Marching, marching, marching-think I'll keep on marching - OLE!!!1209819w5sad3owdq.gif 369000qanxy26f7a.gif
  • jbrinker23
    jbrinker23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Even though we're 12 days into March, better late that never for posting goals and checking in! march didn't start out so well...on March my dad (who will be 95 April 2) fell and broke his hip. It's been kind of crazy between work (end of the quarter, grades, progress reports), the hospital and now the nursing home/rehabilitation where he is staying. He wants to come home as soon as he can dress himself and use the bathroom by himself...on a positive note--as I told him--it could be a whole lot worse! This is a bump in the road and he's doing pretty darn good for 95!

My goals...1) check in more consistently! Like every other day for sure!! I truly enjoy each or your stories, your successes, and your posts! 2) Continue my love of eating fresh fruits and include more fresh veggies, especially the seasonal ones. 3) Get back to walking--before or after school, whenever I can--even if it's early morning or nightly! 4) Lose those last STUBBORN 10 pounds!!

Barbie, thank you for starting this new thread, and thank you to all you wonderful women who are on here for the warm welcome! Let's do this!!
  • jbrinker23
    jbrinker23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    YIKES...seeing several typos and capitalization errors in my post...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3