✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B6, L11, D9, AS25 = 51g)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

Today is my official weekly weigh-in. I lost 3 pounds last week. I'm encouraged! I feel the breeze. My sails are filling...

SW 290
    CW 285.4

**Ginger in Texas
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is going crazy! It says that I have walked over 16,000 steps today and have earned 2300 exercise calories! First of all, I have walked nowhere near that much and even if I had, the calories shouldn't be that high. The only thing I can figure is that I hit 10,000 steps yesterday right at midnight. I'm wondering if it just didn't restart. It gave me credit for them yesterday, too. I don't know!

The time change has thrown my body for a loop or else I'm getting sick. In my recliner in front of the fire with a lap blanket. A nap is in my very near future.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello all -

Had a busy weekend so I'm skimming through a LOT of messages today!

Becca - Your hair looks great! I had another online friend who was doing the "curly girl" no-shampoo routine, and she was really happy with it too. She and her daughter had very tight, almost kinky hair.

Michele - I've got "Hidden Figures" on hold at the library. Isn't it a shame how many women are never recognized for their significant contributions to STEM fields?

Chris - Sounds like a very nice first date!

Kelly - You and me both. We have one non-stick skillet, and I don't need a rice cooker taking up space when I can use a regular saucepan. I don't have a lot of storage space in the kitchen so I try to limit the uni-tasking gadgets although I do have a bread machine that gets a regular workout.

Well, the Texas legislature has a bill up this year to kill daylight saving time starting this fall. That's OK with me... much as I enjoy the extra hour of sleep in the fall, it's not worth the pain and suffering of "springing forward." It'd be great to see our lege do something useful for a change.

The spring weather has me all inspired to be outdoors. I took down the makeshift greenhouse and planted a new antique rose bush this weekend, and ordered a dwarf pomegranate tree. Looks like my ponderosa lemon is not going to come back, but the persimmon tree made it through the winter OK. Next year I'd like to put in a fig tree. We had a nice long rain Saturday that should make everything happy. Wildflowers and dandelions are already blooming.

-Yvonne in TX
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!!!!

Lost power for 4 hours on Wednesday. We were among the fortunate ones as some folks around us lost power for 4 or even 5 days. Woke up Thursday morning to no internet or phone. Finally they came back on today just as DH and I were leaving the house at 1pm for lunch.

I took off for Indianapolis this weekend. Had a great deal of fun seeing old friends whom I haven't seen in years as well as meeting some new people. So for 2 1/2 days I didn't really miss having the internet but I sure was annoyed when I came home last night and it was still out.

Very happy to be able to check in and get back to communicating with my internet friends.

Hugs to all,

Mia in MI
  • annieoldie
    annieoldie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics for pneumonia now finished. I am taking it slowly but getting better. Now up to over 9000 steps (but just fell asleep for an hour this evening). This afternoon I walked around the block ( it is spring in UK, buds out, birds singing) but just walking takes my pulse rate to over 100. It is going to take time for my lungs to recover. I am also suffering from grandchildren deprivation syndrome as I usually see at least one set of grandchildren each week. It is now 3 weeks since I have seen any of them. I do not feel strong enough to drive to see them yet. I face time them each day but it is not the same. Interestingly my weight has levelled off
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sarah: Thanks. Now if I can just get rid of the rest of the inner tube from that tire that's hanging around my waist. :#

Waiting for the copier to finish with the notes/practice packet I'm making for this Thurs. lesson, so thought I'd pop on the computer nearby & read some posts. Planned on going to the Y to swim after work today, but think I'll just go home instead. Really dragging today & still here at school at 5:00, so not looking like it's gonna happen. Didn't get to bed early enough last night & had to get up at what was essentially 4 am. The few times I sat down today, felt like I could fall asleep right there in the classroom. Would never fall asleep that easily, though, but sure was wishing for a nap. :(

Copier's done, so time to get outta here. Have a good night everyone.

-- Becky (NY)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    Waiting for the big storm coming our way. I am not shovelling any more snow, it can just stay here until it melts!

Did some short bursts of exercise, I get bored easy and don't like repetitious workouts so I do this:
    15 minute walking workout
    15 standing abs
    15 minute arms with weights

I am finding my new calorie budget difficult. I lowered it by 300 calories but I need to see some movement.

Lisa I like your analogy of alcohol and food, so true. I find it much easier to have nothing of something than to try to portion control.
    Congrats Rita so glad you found an RV you like
    Becky you are doing amazing and well on your way to losing the next tire lol!

<3 Sarah, Ontario

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    Katiebug, I just was on the Fitbit website - there's an alert that clocks didn't reset last night for some folks.

Also I'm trying to get my MFP set up to account for Fitbit steps and am currently working with their IT guy. I think he's new - I'm giving him a good workout today.

Everything I do is web-based, I just use the MFP app on the Amazon Fire Tablet to read messages now and then. It shouldn't be that hard to sync but I think there are some buttons missing, probably due to it being Windows 7 Pro.

Lanette
    Soggy SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    A quick hidee ho,up here with Faith until 6:30 and then home..
    State shut down after 5 am tomorrow.heaven help us..
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    debgigi – Are your dumplings thick ones or thin? I’m looking for a recipe that makes thick dumplings and a creamy sort of gravy. Like at Cracker Barrel Restaurants.

Beth – Anything that required pulling on a cord would not work with me. Every time I have tried, it has done nothing but wear me out.

Karen in Virginia – Olivia looks like she is growing and sucking down that breastmilk in a bottle. Hope she is ‘on the mend’.

Today it is cold and windy and raining. UGH!

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Barbie: I whole-heartedly agree with your comment, "One of the many sterling qualities of this thread is that we don't hold to a specific way of eating or a specific attitude toward food." It is liberating to understand that there is more than one right way to be healthy, and we each need to make the choices that work best for us. I have enough problems with lactose intolerance & acid reflux that I have to keep a careful eye on what is in the things I eat. At home things are easy, but restaurants and other people's cooking can be challenges. :star:

Karen in VA: You are wise to reduce your workload while you build yourself back up. You've had more than enough "excitement." Even things that are ultimately wonderful have the ability to add to our stress levels and can make us vulnerable to illness. (((HUGS))) Congratulations on taking some time for yourself. Self-care is important. :star:

Heather: We have yet another thing in common. Both of our mothers were martyrs. :grumble: I'm also allergic to martyrs and very motivated not to become one. :noway: Everyone has good and bad things happen in their lives, and choices about how to handle those things. Temporary sadness is not martyrdom & occurs in most people's lives when situations are difficult. Persistent depression is difficult but can often be moderated a bit with medicine, exercise, or something that gives joy, such as a pet. The ability to make changes to improve one's life is powerful. :flowerforyou:

I've gotten some things done today. I had a lovely yoga class this morning, donated cans & bottles to the local food bank & got DGD's birthday gift into the mail. I'm restless but the weather is wet and unappealing so I'm fidgeting instead of doing something more productive. :ohwell: I'll sort it out soon. :smiley: I could always vacuum. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison