Has anyone become attractive after losing weight? If so then tell me..

Options
1234568»

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but if you're ugly, you're ugly. Thin or fat. No diet will fix that.aaftbljz1dmg.jpg

What the saying means is
    You can change being fat
    You can't change being ugly "ugly as ugly on the inside"
    There is no such thing as ugly . Beauty​ is subjective. Everyone is beautiful in there own way.
    You should be trying to make people feel good about themselves not hate who they are tsk tsk tsk!
    I'm sorry I opened this thread

I'm not judging anyone nor am I trying to make them feel bad. You are what you are. Losing weight is not going to make you less ugly, sorry.
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was definitely more attractive at 150 lbs vs 270. I'll get there c2LKPMo.jpg
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    So, my boss said to me yesterday twice that I am becoming more attractive. So that means that indeed, some people feel this, even if it's not myself.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    So, my boss said to me yesterday twice that I am becoming more attractive. So that means that indeed, some people feel this, even if it's not myself.

Your boss, though? Yikes!

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand why people are offended by the OP's question, or started straw-man arguments about it.
    He simply asked a question: If anyone experienced feeling more attractive after a weight-loss.

I personally have. I feel more attractive and confident when I am in lower body fat percentage, and athletic.
    However this statement takes nothing away from people that feel confident and attractive being overweight. Kudos to them too.

I don't take issue at the question and gave an honest answer. Which the OP then laughed at. I took some offense to that, but decided I was happy with my physical attractiveness at any weight and am fortunate enough to not be married to a man who thinks I'm always sexy, so let it slide. If the OP wants to be shallow that's his problem.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why people are offended by the OP's question, or started straw-man arguments about it.
    He simply asked a question: If anyone experienced feeling more attractive after a weight-loss.

I personally have. I feel more attractive and confident when I am in lower body fat percentage, and athletic.
    However this statement takes nothing away from people that feel confident and attractive being overweight. Kudos to them too.

I don't take issue at the question and gave an honest answer. Which the OP then laughed at. I took some offense to that, but decided I was happy with my physical attractiveness at any weight and am fortunate enough to not be married to a man who thinks I'm always sexy, so let it slide. If the OP wants to be shallow that's his problem.

He responded to my post with "Wow... thx." To which I replied with an explanation.

Later I realized he probably doesn't know that response would be read as mildly sarcastic. I'm guessing he probably doesn't know his response to you would be seen as mocking. I'd just the the smilie face at face value.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Motivating someone to exercise to lose weight in hopes of finally becoming attractive is absolutely heart breaking to me. Any person Before, during and after is attractive because of the reasons outside of their weight, because they are good, honest, loving human being who would give the shirt of their back for someone they care about. They are a person who can give love and accept someone else for who they are regardless of their size. They have a great personality and can make someones day simply by existing and the people who have had the pleasure of meeting these people are incredibly thankful to have them in their lives.
    I spent 29 years of my life being told i was a waste of life because i was fat.. i was not a waste of life, i was not ugly and i didn't become attractive after i lost weight, i was always attractive..

This thread really breaks my heart.
    Maybe i am over reacting, but i feel like there are betters ways to motivate.

I am really with you on this. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is skin deep. Attractiveness is more to do with how you feel about yourself and not about how you look. Using attractiveness to "motivate" either yourself or others to lose weight is not effective at all. Our aim, when losing weight is about being fit and healthy. If anything, like a previous poster touched on, you are more attractive when you're happy. Some people who may be at a healthy weight, may be as ugly as anything and that is more to do with them being a horrible person. My fella is overweight and he is one of the most beautiful people I know. I wouldn't change him for anything. I was with a slimmer and fitter man before him and although he was handsome, he wasn't as beautiful!

The original poster said that people don't get the idea by this post, well I think it would help the discussion if the idea of the post is explained. This sort of thing concerns me and I feel could be more positive and constructive when talking about the benefits of losing weight. The most important thing is how you feel inside about you, instead of how you feel other people see you!
  • jennybearlv
    Options

LOL, that should say I am married to a man that thinks I'm sexy. How did that not get in there?
  • jennybearlv
    Options
    Sorry, but if you're ugly, you're ugly. Thin or fat. No diet will fix that.aaftbljz1dmg.jpg

What the saying means is
    You can change being fat
    There is no such thing as ugly . Beauty​ is subjective. Everyone is beautiful in there own way.
    You should be trying to make people feel good about themselves not hate who they are tsk tsk tsk!

You and me both @nurseangelamomof5boys
    This thread has honestly caused so many mixed feelings inside of me since my response several pages back.
    Since i was 5 i have been over weight, never skinny but longed so badly to just not have to wake up and be picked on, beaten up physically or abused. For so many years i wished to be pretty. I wanted to be a human. I wanted to not just be that fat ugly girl who should go kill herself because she is a waste of life. Every day of my life i was told how disgusting i was.. and in my journey to get healthier and remove diabetes i started some self healing.. i had started telling myself that people back then were just mean to be mean cause we were too young to be thoughtful human beings. But as i read through this thread and read some of the comments about how larger people ARE more unattractive then people with a healthy weight.. all the people supporting this idea.. it really just validated something for me. That the abuse i received for being fat was actually because i was unattractive, they were not just being mean for the sake of mean, it was truth. I almost feel like this gives them the okay for how they treated me since it's okay to judge others by their shell. Since my 117 pound weight loss nothing besides the verbal abuse has changed. Maybe my corner of the world is different then everyone elses but i do not get any attention for my new smaller shell now. My only conclusion was that i fixed the fat but i am still ugly, you can't fix that. I have basically spent the few days since then mentally finding a way to come to terms with it. It seems this world is not meant for people who are great on the inside, we must have a fit, attractive outside in order to be worthy, it makes me sad.

Getting bullied and told you are fat, ugly, and worthless happens to girls of all sizes. I was a gymnast, so absolutely no way was I ever fat as a child, but for whatever reason was not likable, so I got called fat as an insult to make me feel insecure about myself, even if it wasn't true. I believed these cruel children and spent my life through my twenties thinking I was fat and ugly. I don't know what changed, maybe it was actually becoming obese for the first time or getting therapy and medication for my mental health problems, but I realized how ridiculous my thinking had been and changed it. When my husband, my mom, or a friend compliments me I take their word for it now and when someone says something hurtful I usually believe it has more to do with them than me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the only eyes that matter are your own.
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

What the saying means is
    You can change being fat

You and me both @nurseangelamomof5boys
    ..... when someone says something hurtful I usually believe it has more to do with them than me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the only eyes that matter are your own.

This is so true! One of the most important things I've learned in life is that I can never know what is another's head. Their behaviors/values are based on their beliefs/experiences. Some people just seem to have stinkin' thinkin'. Perhaps had their own horrible experiences, leading them to think behaving badly is OK and normal. i.e. ok to hurt others.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was attractive to my husband when we met and I was at my highest. I worked really hard and got to my lowest for the wedding. I've since gained most back. I am back at it for a couple weeks and I was working out the other day and mentioned my stomach and he said he likes it that way. My husband likes women who have meat on them. He has a type.

With that said, I have always had men attracted to me (women too :smile: ) at all sizes.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    goalpeace wrote: »
    I was attractive to my husband when we met and I was at my highest. I worked really hard and got to my lowest for the wedding. I've since gained most back. I am back at it for a couple weeks and I was working out the other day and mentioned my stomach and he said he likes it that way. My husband likes women who have meat on them. He has a type.

With that said, I have always had men attracted to me (women too :smile: ) at all sizes.

I could've written this! This is SO me!
  • cfritchley26
    cfritchley26 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Attraction has very little to do with weight...there are so many other things that go into it...personality, finding someone mentally stimulating, confidence, and so much more. My husband and I have been together through a lot of different weight fluctuation...I have found him incredibly attractive at every stage, and he has also found me attractive at every stage. I find my husband very handsome and incredibly physically attractive, but I also find his personality and he heart attractive...and that fact that he is my very best friend also contributes to that.

There is no clear cut answer...but being attractive should not be the only thing that motivates you. Don't get me wrong, I want to feel good about myself physically...there are just so many other things that are motivating me to lose the weight.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Err..what! Basing people on looks is never a good thing, very shallow indeed. I hate the phrase 'even though they're fat they still have a pretty face', how insulting
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have been heavy and I have been slim(ish), and I can tell you that "attractiveness" isn't suddenly created when you lose weight. On my own face, though, I did discover that losing weight helped my attractive features become more noticeable/visible. I have great eyes, but they become a little hidden when my face gains weight. When I lose weight, they stand out more. Same with my cheekbones and jaw line.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!