Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• heydee59
    heydee59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and at 179-180. Slooooowly easing my way into this & eating 1500 calories to begin with. My first goal weight is 160, but my ultimate goal is 130. Only 50 lbs no biggie lol
  • _tannyw
    _tannyw Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and started at my heighest weight of 162lbs. My current weight is 152, and my aim is to be 112.
    I'm taking it slow because my low BMR means that deficits are hard to get!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Hi! 5'3.5" 31 yo mom of a 5 month old.

My highest weight was just before she was born in November - 227lbs. Current weight 180.2lbs.

My first goal was to be under 200lbs which I accomplished without realizing it two weeks after my daughter was born. I actively started trying to lose fat in February/March and have lost between 0.5 and 1 pound weekly but mostly the lower end of that scale.

My next goal is to be below my lowest ever adult weight (167.4lbs) preferably by the end of the summer. Then my next goal is to break into the 140s and stay below 150lbs forever.

I have no desire to be a skinny tiny person. I'm happy with some muscle and a bit of weight. I just want to feel healthier than I do now and to wear clothes from the regular sizes at stores.

Those are great goals. I always set mini goals to get to my main goal to make sure I don't stress out over it. When you stress it can make you gain weight. That's my expierience anyways. What is your ultimate weight goal?

Ultimately I don't have a goal weight. A "normal" BMI (I know it's not a great measuring technique but I will use it for comparison purposes), feeling healthy, being strong, and looking great are my goals. They are harder to measure but that is what I want.

Oh and I'm down to 174lbs now.
  • Sarabear_20
    Sarabear_20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and around 107 pounds. All my weight is in my butt and thighs and makes me look disproportioned :p I'm trying to get down to 100 pounds, as well as tone my thighs and butt. Any good exercises and tips for toning would be great :)
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Added you! :) I'm 5 foot nothing.
  • Strawberryliz13
    Strawberryliz13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'2.5" I am finally starting to get serious about losing the weight I got up to 210 and while I didn't look fat I could feel how much the weight has effected my joints and energy. I'm at 194.2 now, not much I know, but I started real slow. I have set a goal for 150. I boobsy so a good bit of my weight is there and I know even with work outs and weight loss they aren't going to get much smaller. Ideally I should probably be at 135 but for now 150 sounds good.

Any of y'all are welcome to add me I tend to be good at helping motivate others I'm just not good at motivating myself.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    How'd everyone do this month? I'm down almost 8 lbs! Hoping for something similar this month.
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    8 lbs here too!
    June goal for weight is 6 lbs. congrats everyone!!
  • Strawberryliz13
    Strawberryliz13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok so my family is going to Disney World next week and my fiance and I are going to be there for about 6 days. Any recommendations as to how I keep on track? We plan on packing snacks and lunches so we don't spend so much $ on food but I want to keep up my progress.
  • babel95
    babel95 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    5'1(but 5'2 on a good day)! Down 5 lbs from 215. Not sure what my ideal weight is yet, but I'm working hard to get there :smile: Feel free to add me :smile:
  • LisaFellis
    LisaFellis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a little late on here but I am 5'0. Started at 145 in about march and now im 130 with more muscle. Wanting to get down farther of course for my height but it depends more on how I look because I do have the muscle that weighs more.
  • LisaFellis
    LisaFellis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also.. for anyone interested.. on youtube, Heidi Somers is short also and she looks great! My inspiration. :)
  • heidi1906
    heidi1906 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 153lbs feel free to add me x
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    sbx2307 wrote: »
    Not sure if guys are welcome but I am short as well. Standing at 5'3 196. Now I am a stocky 196 but I just need help watching my eating at night.
    :(. I struggle with stress eating and looking for accountability folks to help me along. Any tips or if any would like to add me please do. I'm just so tired of losing this battle.

The night eating and boredom (work from home behind the computer all day) eating are my biggest challenges, so I've been keeping a sack of oranges, sweet peppers, and strawberries on hand for those "gotta-eat-now" times. I've found that eating more protein has helped to curb my mental cravings, too. Now, I'm not sure if that's even sound science, but it seems to be working for me. For example, I'm microwaving a scrambled egg for breakfast, adding that to low-cal bread and salsa for a breakfast sandwich, then for lunch I'm eating a piece of chicken or whatever protein I had leftover from dinner the night before, and then for dinner I'm trying to avoid the starchies and limit my portion sizes to what's appropriate. Also, just one beer or glass of wine can put me over my 1200 cals. So, we own a winery and cocktail hour is an every night affair in my house - now I've had to invent a beverage that I can enjoy with everyone that isn't full of calories. Still enjoying one glass of wine a week, but also inventing better options, i.e., tomato juice, cranberry and seltzer, etc. Good luck to you!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I have been slacking for a couple weeks now. It's time to buckle down and get seruous. I am at 162 as of this morning but my next mini goal is 155. I hope I can get there within maybe a month or month and a half. Need some motivation though as i've been having a lot of sugar cravings.
  • Widget713
    Widget713 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and 5 foot. I was 7 and a half stone only three years ago and was 10 and a half recently. I've been trying to eat better and joined MFP again 2 weeks ago. I've lost 2lbs in that time, slow and steady will get there :) Looking for people that have similar current and/or goal weights.

CW: 137lbs (9 stone 11lbs)
    GW1: 126 lbs (9 stone) Hopefully by mid August!
    GW2: 119lbs (8 and a half stone)
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'5" and 22 yo, and between January and April I gained around 10lbs. It was really depressing, but the way I carry my weight and the clothes I wear nobody else notices and tells me I don't need to lose weight etc. but I've been working hard since May and am almost at my goal weight! I used to be an athlete when I was much younger so I remember what it felt like to be at my fittest, but I don't have anyone in my life who is also trying to get to their fittest and healthiest self.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Well, I've thought I was 5'0 my whole adult life but my hubs measured me the other day and I'm actually 5'1:) SW 152 CW 136 GW 110? I haven't had changes in my weight for over a month since I was trying low carb and not tracking calories steadily...so I'm over that for now and back to tracking everything...besides I missed carbs really bad I love potatoes! Anyway, my bday is 7/6 and I was really hoping to be 132 by then so I could be in a healthy bmi for my bday but I'll just be really diligent til then and be happy with where I'm at:)