Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• elianns
    elianns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow short people! :smile: I'm 5'1 and GW is 115. Currently at 132.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am late to the party as well! I am 5'3'' with SW: 127, CW: 120, GW: 110.

The lowest the scale has dropped to was 119 (so exciting to be in the "teens!") but haven't been able to get down to it again. I have hit a fews "plateaus" due to inaccurate tracking, TOM, etc. Hoping I will see some more movement this next week ... weight loss is sooo frustratingly slow at this height.
  • Carolyn2017mfp
    Carolyn2017mfp Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5ft 2 and a half and 112 lbs.
    I was 103lbs last year and i had abs.
    Last to get and the first to go. And I feel I need to get down to at least 107lbs as the excess weight is always on my stomach. I'm 52
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5' power lifter here! Trying to lose 5.8 more lbs. to get to my goal weight (well, not really my goal but what I need to be in order to compete in the lowest weight category) of 110 lbs.
  • cactioctopi
    cactioctopi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your pain! I'm 5'2"... barely, and it's been hard to accept that my body won't look like my 5'8" friend's body. As a cross country runner I also stress over it because I feel like I should LOOK like a runner.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah, It is a struggle especially when you feel like your fit but don't look it. I feel that every day.
  • Mummytofitmummy
    Mummytofitmummy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm 5"4 I believe but didn't think I was short lol.
    I was a skinny minny and then the past three years I've gone and put on over 3 stone. Yes I had kids but also some events which meant I wasn't active at all.
    So I've been doing this for over two weeks and lost half s stone. My target is 120lb and to be toned and fit.
    Feel free to add me.
  • puzzledstill
    puzzledstill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5ft 1". Age 60. Currently 145 lbs , aiming for something around 137 lbs.
    Started with weight watchers a year ago at 173 lbs. Have previously been more - and reached 128 but couldn't maintain - hence vaugueness about target.
    Left weight watchers and joined MFP about a month ago. This is because I now want to work out how to 'eat normally'. By that I mean I want to eat in a way that will work for the rest of my life - not involving any low anything food. I think ww points is skewed against sugar and fat. Just plan to eat good , mostly non-processed food.
    My big shortie challenge is getting shoes ! I horseride and it's been a nightmare getting long boots in a UK size 2 1/2. A child's size -but I have muscly calves.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm 5"4 I believe but didn't think I was short lol.
    I was a skinny minny and then the past three years I've gone and put on over 3 stone. Yes I had kids but also some events which meant I wasn't active at all.
    So I've been doing this for over two weeks and lost half s stone. My target is 120lb and to be toned and fit.
    Feel free to add me.

I think once you have kids, it's harder to be active and think about yourself in healthy ways. We kind of all get that"mommy brain" as I call it. We start snacking on all the kids snacks and worry about them and bills, it's a lot of stress. I was the exact same way after having my daughter. Now I'm at a point where I started to think about myself and what I was putting into my body. It is harder but with support , research, and a healthier lifestyle you'll be able to reach your goal.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    5ft 1". Age 60. Currently 145 lbs , aiming for something around 137 lbs.
    Started with weight watchers a year ago at 173 lbs. Have previously been more - and reached 128 but couldn't maintain - hence vaugueness about target.
    Left weight watchers and joined MFP about a month ago. This is because I now want to work out how to 'eat normally'. By that I mean I want to eat in a way that will work for the rest of my life - not involving any low anything food. I think ww points is skewed against sugar and fat. Just plan to eat good , mostly non-processed food.
    My big shortie challenge is getting shoes ! I horseride and it's been a nightmare getting long boots in a UK size 2 1/2. A child's size -but I have muscly calves.

Processed food is one of the number 1 ways to easily gain weight. I have a hard problem with it as well. Hard to stay away from and so much cheaper to buy.
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've been reading through this thread, and you are all supportive and knowledgeable. It's nice to see how helpful MFP can be. I definitely don't belong here as I'm 6'7", but just wanted to commend you all.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Volbeat79 wrote: »
    I've been reading through this thread, and you are all supportive and knowledgeable. It's nice to see how helpful MFP can be. I definitely don't belong here as I'm 6'7", but just wanted to commend you all.

Thank you! People need to be more supportive for others. There is so much negativity around and more people need to come together.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey :) 5ft 2" shortie here! 14lbs down from 145 with another 14lbs to go! My taller friends are like "really?!?!" when I tell them what I'd like to get down to... Thru don't get it!
  • tasha12004
    Options
    WHOOOHOOOOOO that's a great accomplishment <3 Keep up the great work. And yes, people say the same about what I want to get down to. They don't understand being short has different scales then them.
  • Panda8ach
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    WHOOOHOOOOOO that's a great accomplishment <3 Keep up the great work. And yes, people say the same about what I want to get down to. They don't understand being short has different scales then them.

Thank you :) My BMI is 107lbs - 136lbs for healthy and I'd like to get to around 117 which is where I should be :/ I don't wish I was tall though lol
  • Panda8ach
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Just a picture of my progress so far :) Gives me more motivation <3

u84i8kqrvv84.jpg

Amazing! <3
  • tasha12004
    Options
    @Panda8ach Thank you <3