Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    mynewme210 wrote: »
    5'1
    Sw 175
    Cw 131.8 Still have a little water weight going on from mother nature
    Gw 123
    On my last 8.8 pounds lost 41(ish) pounds already goal of 50 pounds pants size is down from 14-16 with xl shirts to 3-4 pants and small to medium shirts. Feel free to add me. Ive done more then lose weight I found myself again.

What is your every day routine? And how did you stay motivated to workout every day and not go back to old habits?
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Update - I am only 7lbs away from my original goal of 137lbs the highest end of my BMI

10811918.png

YAYYY! That's so exciting. I hope I can get there one day. I feel like my body is just stuck.
  • ClaireGleek
    ClaireGleek Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Update - I am only 7lbs away from my original goal of 137lbs the highest end of my BMI

10811918.png

YAYYY! That's so exciting. I hope I can get there one day. I feel like my body is just stuck.

Thanks. It is exciting, and also overwhelming to think of how far I've come, what I've learnt along the way, and just how much I've lost. You will get there. It takes patience, perseverance, and forgiving yourself for any missteps you make along the way. It's a marathon not a sprint so it will take time. I went through a period of a couple of months where I wasn't really losing anything, and while disheartening I kept on logging, finally updating my stats after my losses as I didn't realise at the time that you should regularly updat after every 10lbs or so of loss and eventually the weight started coming off.
    Good luck on your journey! You can do this!
  • coffeeneyeliner
    coffeeneyeliner Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have lost 80lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • coffeeneyeliner
    coffeeneyeliner Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have lost 80lbs so far. Feel free to add me. I am always looking for new friends for support!
  • tasha12004
    Options
    5'1
    Sw 175
    Cw 131.8 Still have a little water weight going on from mother nature
    Gw 123
    On my last 8.8 pounds lost 41(ish) pounds already goal of 50 pounds pants size is down from 14-16 with xl shirts to 3-4 pants and small to medium shirts. Feel free to add me. Ive done more then lose weight I found myself again.

What is your every day routine? And how did you stay motivated to workout every day and not go back to old habits?

At the beginning I kept it a secret because I didn't want to let people down. I logged my daily life seeing how unhealthy it was. I started walking an hour a day cutting back sugar consumption and all soft drinks. I lost 5 pound in the first week that was the motivation for a bigger goal. Ive been overweight my whole life at least 15 normally. Well life happens it turn to 40 pounds overweight. Though I could never lose it so that was a turning point. My husband noticed right away. " baby did you some weight." hes been supportive ever since. I got my mom to join when the dr told her the concern with her heart. She shed 20 for far. My day starts late due to work day coffee at 10 dont eat until noon. Weights for about 15-20 a day. Squats walk or bike ride depends on the weather. I opted for 2 lbs per week. Worked on planning a daily life around calories planned including junk food in moderation. My cheat day aren't really cheat day I haven't gone over my daily plan or if it does my body knows it needs a workout and there no option. Ive kept my biggest size pant (18) knowing I never want to go back to that keeps me motivated.Iv though about giving up alot. Ive reached healthy bmi but people said I want to lose vanity weight now but thats not the case. I want a goal to were if I gain weight during maintaining thats Im not bouncing between healthy and overweight. After you find what works it not really a diet it your lifestyle.

Wow that's so great. I was doing great until I went on a vacation and then everything went down hill. I just started getting back into the gym and trying to work on myself to loose these last 20 pounds. It's so hard because my connection with food is emotional and I tend to binge. So now I don't have cheat days because I feel like once I have one I will keep going.
  • tasha12004
    Options

10811918.png

Thanks. It is exciting, and also overwhelming to think of how far I've come, what I've learnt along the way, and just how much I've lost. You will get there. It takes patience, perseverance, and forgiving yourself for any missteps you make along the way. It's a marathon not a sprint so it will take time. I went through a period of a couple of months where I wasn't really losing anything, and while disheartening I kept on logging, finally updating my stats after my losses as I didn't realise at the time that you should regularly updat after every 10lbs or so of loss and eventually the weight started coming off.
    Good luck on your journey! You can do this!

Thanks for the encouragement. It's a daily struggle for me and I have never been "skinny". Not saying I want to be rail thin or anything but I would like to be fit and prove my mom wrong when she said the words "you'll always be a bigger girl" because I feel like that discouraged me so much.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have lost 80lbs. Feel free to add me!

What have you done to loose all your weight?
  • TAKCEGM
    TAKCEGM Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"! Feel free to add me - anyone and everyone!!
  • JenObRN
    JenObRN Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 1/2" and weigh 140 lbs. My goal right now is to improve my physique, lose fat, tighten up, etc. Even though my BMI states it's normal, I think I should be back down to at least 120lbs. I was happiest at 105lbs but I don't know what hat would like on me as I'm 44-years-old. A year ago, I was at my all time heaviest weight at 160lbs. This was when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I didn't weigh that much when I was 40-weeks pregnant! So this last year 20 lbs have come off without doing much but take my levothyroxine, trying to "take it easy" and coming to terms with a new diagnosis and knowing I will have this autoimmune disorder the rest of my life.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    jaltz_99 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 5'4 1/2" and weigh 140 lbs. My goal right now is to improve my physique, lose fat, tighten up, etc. Even though my BMI states it's normal, I think I should be back down to at least 120lbs. I was happiest at 105lbs but I don't know what hat would like on me as I'm 44-years-old. A year ago, I was at my all time heaviest weight at 160lbs. This was when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I didn't weigh that much when I was 40-weeks pregnant! So this last year 20 lbs have come off without doing much but take my levothyroxine, trying to "take it easy" and coming to terms with a new diagnosis and knowing I will have this autoimmune disorder the rest of my life.

It's great that you want to improve yourself regardless of what your BMI is. There is always room for improvement. :)
  • LexiKazoo95
    LexiKazoo95 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey Gals! I'm 5'4... with shoes 5'5 ;) Idk some people think I'm 5'3 lol idk. Anyways I'm 177.6 .. I think I wanna be 140-150. BMI says I should be 115-140, but I have muscle so I think I'm just gonna get to 150 and go from there. Feel free to add me shorties! :smile:
  • Veggonevegan
    Veggonevegan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" my starting weight was 172, current is 165. My first goal is 140 I just want to be a size 8 again so all my pants fit. I'm a mom of a 4 yr old girl. I've recently become vegan after being a vegetarian my whole life. Gosh losing weight is slow and being short it seems like it's a life long struggle. I want to eat like someone who is 5'10".
  • grlowe90
    grlowe90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1.5" and currently 154 lbs my highest was 162 lbs. I almost hit my goal weight of 132 lbs in April at 132.2lbs and I just lost motivation and stoped going to the gym in May and gained it almost all back. So here I am 2nd week back in the gym and logging my food and 2 lbs down. This weight maintenance and goals are so hard for short curly women. I am an hourglass figure in her late 20s. I graduated high school around 128-132 lbs and would love to be back to that and not technically according to the BMI charts be obese.

Feeling fat and out of control : /
  • tasha12004
    Options
    As of today I am 2 pounds down since Saturday when I got back in the gym. I know that's not a huge deal but the scale hasn't moved down for me in so long I'lll take it. :)
  • tasha12004
    Options
    grlowe90 wrote: »
    I am 5'1.5" and currently 154 lbs my highest was 162 lbs. I almost hit my goal weight of 132 lbs in April at 132.2lbs and I just lost motivation and stoped going to the gym in May and gained it almost all back. So here I am 2nd week back in the gym and logging my food and 2 lbs down. This weight maintenance and goals are so hard for short curly women. I am an hourglass figure in her late 20s. I graduated high school around 128-132 lbs and would love to be back to that and not technically according to the BMI charts be obese.

I totally understand how you feel. I was going to the gym every day until my vacation. i didn't gain anything but the scale didn't move down either. I just got back into the gym Saturday along with logging all my data and am down 2 pounds and that's while on my period. On my period I tend to gain 5 pounds or so of water weight , so seeing the scale go down during mother natures curse is great :)
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi, short girls. I m 5'5'' and my weight is 120 lb. I can easyly gain so-called water weight up to 10 lb, but then I try quickly get rid of it. My werpon is mostly low cal, low carb diet and effective HIIT exercise in the gym and cardio treadmill at home. O...h other thing I do is fasting cardio in the morning before breakfast,( only water and vitamines). Yes, shorter women have to eat about 1/2 of their husbands and exercise about 2X of their husbands. That's cold thuth.
    The other thing I want to tell u: never allow yourself to gain a lot of weight. It will be much harder to loose it then for tall people.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    grlowe90 wrote: »

Sounds like you are back in control now! You can do this!!