Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    5'3 here! I started my weight loss journey almost 2 months ago. My starting weight (and heaviest weight) was 230lbs and I am currently 195lbs. My goal weight (for now) is 135/140. All I did was record and limit what I put in my body and bam! 35lbs gone.

Wow that's AMAZING
  • loisjake
    loisjake Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 55 years old, mother of 6 children, current weight of 131. I recently lost 10 pounds! Yes, 10 pounds makes a big difference at shorter heights. My whole life, I was as constantly watched what I ate. I try to set just small weight loss goals of only 5 pounds. Small amounts of weight loss are not overwhelming. And 5 pounds weight loss at any weight is wonderful even if you still have more to lose. Set small goals and celebrate your victories.
  • Msnoone
    Msnoone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am 4' 11 1/2" and currently weight 138 pounds. I have real history of yo-yo-ing between 120-140 pounds. I am at the point where I am ready for some real change. I want to learn to make slower and more sustainable changes, but I just can't seem to grasp it. I am always doing strict hard core diets and then binging and gaining it all back.

What are you best tips for slow and steady?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    4'11 and 48 year old shortie here. Not sure if I've posted in here before but I just started again on Monday of this week. I am at 150 right now. I hope to lose 25 lbs. Not set time frame. Just eating better and exercising as much as I can. I aim for some type of exercise each day even if it's just walking a mile.
  • pmyn29
    pmyn29 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 on a good day, and about 160lbs. Guessing I'm one of the few guys that fits in here
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Msnoone wrote: »
    Hey ladies! I am 4' 11 1/2" and currently weight 138 pounds. I have real history of yo-yo-ing between 120-140 pounds. I am at the point where I am ready for some real change. I want to learn to make slower and more sustainable changes, but I just can't seem to grasp it. I am always doing strict hard core diets and then binging and gaining it all back.

What are you best tips for slow and steady?

I go back and forth as well but up until seven years ago when I had my last child (at age 41) I was around 100-105 and that was a good size for me because I'm small framed (4'11) and the way that has always worked for me is eating 1000-1200 calories per day and weighing/measuring everything. I also have to get in exercise at least every other day but I strive for each day. Those two things totally worked for me and it's just a matter of sticking to it which, unfortunately, I have been unable to do off and on the last seven years. I did manage to get as low as 125 last year but gained it all back over the winter.
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 5 foot nothing and have lost 15lbs so far :) Started at 138 and my goal is 115. I yo- yoed for a long time but I'm determined to hit goal and figure out maintenance this time. 8 pounds to go!
  • Msnoone
    Msnoone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a medium frame. I think that if I really took care of myself, my weight would stabilize in-between 115-120. I am ready to make a commitment to track my calories daily. I think in order to get my calories down, I need to each more vegetables. I think that is where the biggest hole in my diet is.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    5'3 here! I started my weight loss journey almost 2 months ago. My starting weight (and heaviest weight) was 230lbs and I am currently 195lbs. My goal weight (for now) is 135/140. All I did was record and limit what I put in my body and bam! 35lbs gone.

Wow that's AMAZING

Thank you! I was getting more and more depressed and one day something just clicked. I don't even know what it was but I'm grateful for it!
  • FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Im am 5'3", 30 years old and mom of 3. My youngest is only 2 months old, my pre-pregnancy weight was 135 lbs. I gained 50 lbs, so from 135 to 185. Now Im at 152 and ready to start working out to lose the 17 lbs that I have extra. I
  • LexiKazoo95
    LexiKazoo95 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    5'4 here! Shorties feel free to add me :)
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like to say I'm 5' 4", but that because I round half an inch up! (Just good math.) Never really thought about it being harder or easier to lose weight because of my height. I've lost 100 pounds and have about 20 more to go.
  • littlewingbs348
    littlewingbs348 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    freynikita wrote: »
    You are all far from short. My dream was to always make it to 5'5" but only made it to 4'11". I would love to keep in touch with you and follow you too. I will friend you as well. I am also older than you but still want to get in shape and restore my health.

I am also 4'11"! I'm in my 30s and realizing weight is a little harder to lose now lol. Feel free to add me!

• HopefulMeD
    HopefulMeD Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm 4 foot 11 also, though I tell everyone I'm 5 feet tall. There's no question that it is much more difficult to diet when you are so tiny. Not only is it incredibly discouraging when 3 to 4 pounds is a change in dress size, so gaining 10 or more puts you out of your clothes on a big way, but the calorie intake needs to be much lower in order to not lose weight, much less to lose weight.

I have been through this struggle at various points in time my entire life. It is so, so painful.
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    God bless everyone under 5 feet! I love you all so much! I get super excited when I see people shorter than me! Who else has an over 6 foot tall husband or bf? Mine gets me all the stuff on the top shelves I can't reach lol
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    ad28517 wrote: »
    Oh, and I am 5'2 3/4" and currently 173 (down 20# in 2 months). As you all have said, no one thinks I weigh as much as I do, because even at my heaviest I was a size 12. My first goal is 150#, and my coworkers think I am close...nope, but halfway there! Final goal will be more like 140, but we will see how it goes...true goal #1 is losing 6 more pounds to go from "obese" to "overweight"!

Can relate..my BMI is going down. Want to get to 23 or 24 BMI
    Bmi currently 26.9
    Lost 15_16 lbs slowly.pastbyear and half .proud of that
    Want to lose 10 more lbs
    My fitness pal posted a celebration meme when I reached first target.
    I wish I could have kept it as motivation.
    Anyone know how other than taking a pictures l of itwith another phone or camera.??
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well update ladies.. Mother nature decided to turn up and made me gain a whole 6 pounds of water weight... This is going to take me at least 4 days to loose. Sigh, I know it's just the number and not fat weight but it does discourage me a little bit.
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11.Starting weight on August 2015 was 215lbs. Current weight is 166lb. I currently have calories set to 1350. Depending on my workout, I eat between 1400-1500. Mfp recommend 1200, but I'm know I'm not gonna adhere to that so 1350 works for me at the moment. I have it set to lose 1lb a week. It's going slow & steady. Also, iv incorporated strength training for the past 3 months and although the weight is coming off slowly, it looks like I've lost a lot more cause my clothes fit better, and several coworkers have complemented be on my, "shape". Weight training is the best thing ever & a complete gamechanger.