For those of you who aren't SUPER FIT-yep they are judging us.

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I was going to comment when I first read this, but now that I've finished my workout, it seems like all that needed to be said has been said. Just remember that when you get consumed with your own body, becoming shallow is a possibility. Maybe you ran into a couple people who were vain and thought themselves better than you. Just get back in shape and you can be there as a "super-fit" person to help those who need some encouragement.

lolwut?

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If this indeed happened, I don't think it's "judging"...I think they were just *kitten* hats. That said, I've been in and out of gyms for much of my life and I can recall one encounter that was similar to this...one...in many, many years. Hell, when my wife started back in the weight room, she went to a gym that was known around town as a meat heads gym because it was close to her office...nobody was every anything but friendly towards her there.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    The super fit go to the gym to remain super fit? And to show off their wicked pull-up superpowers!

Anyway, OP disappeared so we can safely say that she was just here to start poopy.

As a forty-five year old female who gets called such names as 'the super fit chick' or 'the jock', I really find it amusing to hear perjoritve terms like 'meathead' thrown around by individuals whining about being judged by others.

Whatevas. Meatheads unite! Pull-up powers activate!

Good post. It seems like we have one of these threads weekly now. I believe it was the "super fit chick" that was scorned last week.

Anyway, I must lead a boring life. It's amazing when I do workout at the gym, I go in, put my headphones on, work hard, and everyone's respectful and are doing their own thing. Maybe if others did this there won't be the unnecessary drama?

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    The super fit go to the gym to remain super fit? And to show off their wicked pull-up superpowers!

Anyway, OP disappeared so we can safely say that she was just here to start poopy.

As a forty-five year old female who gets called such names as 'the super fit chick' or 'the jock', I really find it amusing to hear perjoritve terms like 'meathead' thrown around by individuals whining about being judged by others.

Good post. It seems like we have one of these threads weekly now. I believe it was the "super fit chick" that was scorned last week.

Anyway, I must lead a boring life. It's amazing when I do workout at the gym, I go in, put my headphones on, work hard, and everyone's respectful and are doing their own thing. Maybe if others did this there won't be the unnecessary drama?

Yep... and that Super Fit Chick "I'm not here to steal yo man" thread was started by the same person.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sounds like you were there during A55h0le day, OP!

When I was a regular gym goer (MANY MOONS AGO), I had a case of one guy watching me do that... leg press plate thing... whatever it's called. I was like, um, you are practically looking into my crotch, if you wanted to be a gynecologist the university is that way.

Every other time was OK though.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

Yep... and that Super Fit Chick "I'm not here to steal yo man" thread was started by the same person.

LOL...didnt realize it was the same one! that was one of my personal favorite threads of all time!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

LOL...didnt realize it was the same one! that was one of my personal favorite threads of all time!

Are you sure it's the same person? OP of this thread is in her 40s. SuperFitChick was 21 if I remember right.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to blame the OP at all, but is it possible the douches were more upset by your pace than the fact that you are 20 lbs past your prime? Like your time setting things up, staring at the bar trying to figure out why it seemed wrong, then needing to take weight off, move bar, and put weight back on... plus any time you spent helping your kid with their sets.

At my gym some people are on a mission... move from station to station quickly and efficiently trying to get all of their work in during the short time they have available. Some people are in no rush, they read emails/magazines between sets, chat with their friends for longer than they lift, spend a minute looking up what weight they are supposed to be doing that day, etc. The main friction I see is between the two types of people, especially if a slower person is taking up a station that is in demand like where you do squats.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Are you sure it's the same person? OP of this thread is in her 40s. SuperFitChick was 21 if I remember right.

Check post history... same person.
  • jemhh
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'm not seeing it. OP is LiveLoveFitFab. SuperFitChick is Littlevalleyfitness.

LLFF responded to the SuperFitChick thread but she didn't start it. Or are we talking dual profiles?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

LLFF responded to the SuperFitChick thread but she didn't start it. Or are we talking dual profiles?

Ahh I see... it's too early I need caffeine. Bleh. :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    My mistake.. sorry: I thought they were the same person (I'd previously searched LiveLoveFitFab's posts and must have got confused because she contributed (rather than started) the "SuperFitChick" thread.
  • jemhh
    Options

Ahh I see... it's too early I need caffeine. Bleh. :)
    My mistake.. sorry: I thought they were the same person (I'd previously searched LiveLoveFitFab's posts and must have got confused because she contributed (rather than started) the "SuperFitChick" thread.

No problem. I thought I was confused!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Look for a place where old ppl work out! I love my gym! Usually, I'm the only one there under 60! I just plug in my headphones and do my thing. I'm sure I'm giving old dudes heart attacks, but at least they know better than to try to chat me up, and no 20 somethings laughing because I use a machine wrong because it's their way of making themselves feel big because they haven't really made any real achievements in their lives they can be proud of. It's a maladaptive coping mechanism (shoudenfraude) or (leveling) people to make themselves feel less pathetic by pointing out faults in others.. when people do that, honestly, the first thing you should do is feel bad for them. Hopefully they'll get some pride someday.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Interesting thing is, for both parties, it's not actually about being fit, super fit, or not fit at all. It's about personal security. Even the super-fit have insecurity, that's why the judgement talk.. and the insecurity of the not as fit.. hear it and are effected. It's all the same lack of self esteem. It just manifests itself in a different way based on that persons fitness level.