WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, I would suggest the humidifier to Jake, but he is currently not open to my ideas so I am keeping my mouth shut.

:)Mary from PA, welcome. Love your goals for the month. One of the best things I did for myself was to get to bed earlier so I could get up earlier and have time for exercise in the morning.

:)Anita, welcome. I had spine surgery about six months ago and for awhile I had to be so careful about what I ate because all I could do was walk a bit. I learned to budget my calories well so I had plenty to eat and lots of nutrition.

:)Heather, I applaud your decision to give something other than chocolate to your grandchildren for Easter. The plates are wonderful.

:)Lanette, Bernie annoyed me all morning wanting more food. He is a master manipulator.

:) I had to be creative with what I did this morning since Jake went back to bed while I was walking the dogs. I wanted to avoid waking him. The dogs slept with him and I rode the exercise bike and watched figure skating and didn't get to the shower until 11:00.

<3 Barbie from cold and sunny NW Washington
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Sunday's Progress (4/2)
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B18, L24, D23, BBS12 = 64)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (36g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    ✔5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    ✔8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, Linen Closet, Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, Personal Care.
    ✔9. Digital Detox. Track daily timeouts.

Declutter. I cleaned out our big medicine cabinet. It wasn't bad. I keep it organized and tidy. Hubby has one side. I have one side. We share the center section. Everything has a place and everything goes in its place. I'll do DM90's medicine cabinet next. I expect to toss a lot of its contents. Old, unused stuff. It's been a while since I've gone through it.

Exercise. Got my 2 miles, 5000 steps, 30 minutes. Today I'll add the elliptical.

Digital Detox. Did okay with an hour off earning an hour on. Stretched a few time-outs to 1.5 hours off and an hour on. Not as anxious as yesterday. At night I took my iPad to bed. But I listened to one video and fell fast asleep. I was tired. Slept in very late.

-- Ginger in Texas
    90gdzraqmk5w.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I knew that Dr. Jessamy is your DDIL. That is why I wanted to read her blog. I've bookmarked it. She's brilliant! :bigsmile:

1snowlady & Anita: Welcome to a great group! Post often so we can get to know you. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I hope 13 is your lucky number. Otherwise I'm putting you in my prayers. :star:

Barbie: It sounds like Jake is not a bluebird of sunshine when he is sick. I hope sleep improves his health and attitude. :wink:

I bought the 30 seconds outdoor cleaner and plan to use it as soon as I can. The north facing walls and sidewalk need doing, and the walls get first priority.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Margaret ... I am interested in doing some home fermentation .. am I right in recalling that you've had some experience with this or read about this?

OK Ladies ... put the boots away!! Husband and I are definitely on the same page. We are BOTH working on my grocery list! He wants to go lower carb (pre surgery showed pre-diabetes) ... so the menu has a ton of vegetables on it. And his doctor wanted him to try eating like a Korean, thus the interest in fermentation.

Heather ... I think the plates are a great idea!

Beth near Buffalo
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Back from the gym. Did my mile walk on the treadmill today. Went from a 25 min. mile walking around the track to 19:55 min mile walking on the treadmill. Now I need to figure out how to increase my speed when walking the track. I'd really like to get my average down to an 18 min mile for all 3 miles. One issue at a time. For now, just keep walking.

Mia in MI
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Katla, glad you picked up the 30 seconds outdoor cleaner- hope it does the trick for you!

Ginger, way to go on your goals! Decluttering the medicine cabinet is a very important job - I am always surprised at the number of expired Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen I find - seems I go thru it every couple months, too. I hardly take that stuff anymore so I'm going to quit buying replacements.

Beth, we've made both sauerkraut and Kimchee. Find it's easier to buy right now - there's a local company called "Olykraut" that makes it all organic, it's delicious and fresh. They are starting to distribute up and down the west coast.

Heather - love that photo of the kids/grandkids. I hadn't seen it before. Those plates are so cute; Bea will love her croissant. So glad you live close enough to your grandkids to see them on a regular basis and get hugs. It's neat that skyping is now available for those who parent and grandparent across the miles - so much better than just a letter or phone call.

Barbie - I got through half of QUIET- The power of Introverts in a world that can't stop talking by Susan Cain yesterday and it was a real eye-opener for me. I realized I'm much more of an introvert than the Myers Brigg's indicated.

And I think that's what got me thinking about dad, mentioned earlier. He wasn't cruel in that he hit us, but had a terrible anger problem and would fly into rages and destroy things - cars, televisions, mom's hutch. I was the shy kid who desperately wanted to please him and took a lot of things personally. He thought there was something wrong with me because I liked to spend time by myself and read, read, read. I'm sure the money worries helped bring him to the brink of insanity but I often wondered if he didn't have a chemical imbalance in his brain as well-or it could have been PTSD from his 3 years in Europe and the Aleutians during WWII.

Anyhow, glad he and I had a good relationship the final few years of his life.

Lanette
    SW WA State - gorgeous sunny afternoon!

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate - UK <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Hydrogurl
    Hydrogurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kelly! Who could resist be smitten with him what a beautiful baby! Congratulations! Enjoy your moments :smile:
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Joyce in Edmonton. Hello. I'm from Thompson, Manitoba, originally Regina. Welcome to this group of wonderful ladies.

Heather in UK - The plates are lovely. I didn't buy chocolate either - got each of the grandkids a seed kit with tomatoes, basil and peppers so they can all start their own little gardens.

Kelly - Joaquin has such a beautiful smile. Such a handsome little man. Enjoy!

Hugs to all. /have a great day.

Paula Y
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day;

wahoo hrm not working, all applewatch-
    bike ride hm 2 gym, 1st day no locker, 15# bg- 12.52min, 13.7amph, 2.9mi = 104c
    SPIN CLASS- 40min, 82ar, 122aw, 12-15g, 16.3mi = 291c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 6.30min, 13amph, 1.4mi = 50c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.05min, 9.52min mi, .5mi = 74c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.33min, 9.27min mi, .4mi = 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.30min, 8.6amph, 2.6mi = 146c

total cal 722