WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Sarah - that's a great list of stress-busters. Distraction of any kind helps. My favorite stress-busters are deep breathing, aerobic exercise and to do a small project that I can complete - like clean out a drawer or do an art card.

For deep breathing I use the 7/11 method. I practiced this daily until it became my go-to stress-reliever. Get in touch with how deep breathing feels and you may find yourself seeking this feeling when stressed. I do. I tell myself... just breathe.

--Ginger in Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: I am loving these dry days with or without the sun. The paddocks have dried out enough to feed the horses outside the last couple of days. Our wire fence (2"x4" squares) is filled with horse hair where the horses have been rubbing themselves to get winter hair off. I think I could groom all day and all night and still not get all of the winter hair off my wooly little mammoth. We have three new blueberry bushes planted. Yay! Now we just have to hope our netting works to keep the deer from eating them.

Re - You are so close to onederland. You go girl!

Kim - the Bear Paws are made like athletic shoes and have good support but I think it is a little stiffer and not as cushy as say running shoes in order to provide stability for hiking. Mine are quite comfortable and I often wear them all day.

KJ - Of course he likes his grandma!!! What's not to like about focused attention and unconditional love?

Barbie - Thanks for getting April started and hope Jake gets well soon.

Gloria - Enjoy your time without the kids. Maybe they will appreciate you more after some time away.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :'( Jake is still suffering--enough that he made another appointment with the doctor for tomorrow afternoon. He also decided that he won't be able to go to Seattle on Saturday to see Shen Yun. This is something he really wanted to do. He bought the tickets months ago. Today he told me to ask someone to go with me so the tickets won't go to waste. My friend I love to walk with has agreed to go with me and do the driving, but I am so sad for Jake. :'(

:) My stress relievers are walking, riding the exercise bike, and meditating.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Got my mile in today. 19 min and 20 sec. This is just my first week of training. I'm only walking a mile. Already I am questioning my sanity for wanting to walk a 5K. I have that small voice in the back of my brain telling me I cannot do this. Need to squelch that voice before it gets louder.

Mia in MI
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Re: Had a laugh about the "stuff" you have gathered on your desk over seven years - I declutter my desk every month.

Hugs to everyone.

Paula Y.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm not working, all applewatch-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.47min, 12.8amph, 2.9mi = 107c
    ROWING MACHINE- 45min, 54aw, 7255meters-4.51mi. = 336c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 7.01min, 12.2amph, 1.4mi = 45c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.03min, 9.45min mi, .5mi = 74c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.25min, 9.14min mi, .4mi = 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.21min, 7.4amph windy!, 2.6mi = 152c

total cal 768
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Got my mile in today. 19 min and 20 sec. This is just my first week of training. I'm only walking a mile. Already I am questioning my sanity for wanting to walk a 5K. I have that small voice in the back of my brain telling me I cannot do this. Need to squelch that voice before it gets louder.

Mia in MI

You are doing great for your first week of training. You CAN do this, hang in there girl Look at all you have done in the last few years. You've got this too. <3

Janetr OKC
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    mia so impressed, you keep going, think of all the miles you're putting behind you-you can do this. Stay in the now and keep walking! :)

Woke up way too early! Enjoying my first of two cups of coffee. Yesterday I fell off the wagon and had coffee at 3:00-I believe it affected my better sleep hygiene for the last night. There is definitely a connection for me.

Ginger you are a professional organizer and planner! Keeping all your medical records organized like that is so smart! I have managed to do that in one area, finances and I am grateful I have. I tweak my monthly budget, look over annual goals at least twice a year, it's been incredibly important in our lives.

Barbie good that Jake is going back to the doctor. Sometimes these respiratory things hang on too long :(
    Shen Yun is really beautiful, they come around every year, so he will get to enjoy it with you another time for sure.

So here is my accountability list for the week

*Drink more water
    *No coffee after 12
    *No food after 7
    *Wrist exercises and follow my new lower back stretching DVD

NYKAREN
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bev Sounds like you are on the right track
    Tracey Good job keeping it together on a bad day!
    Piranacuisine Here's what I do. I don't eat between 7:00 pm and 12:00noon. Then I have two healthy meals and 1 or 2 small snacks. I try to meet my protein target. When I follow this, I am not hungry at night. It is called intermittent fasting and works for me. Everyone here does different things that work for them. You will find your way, don't worry!
    Ginger Your dedication to your health is impressive and as a list maker myself, I love everything you are doing. Measuring and evaluating are the keys to success and you obviously know this. Were you a project manager ever?

So got some butternut squash/sweet potato soup on the stove. Trying to get ahead of dinner as I have to work late tonight. I have another meeting with senior people at the hospital regarding my new position.

Will hit the gym over my lunch. Have a great day. <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yay Lisa! You'll have to shake a leg. May 1 is just around the corner!

/Penny
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi all - love only read through PG 2. I'm on a trip in Fayetteville, AR to visit with a dear friend who moved here last summer. Having a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!! She is 79 and having some dementia issues. It is such a joy to be with her, but I'm getting very little sleep. Hope I can stay awake for some site seeing today.
    LOVE AND HUGS to you, friends "old" and new

TNToni ( enjoying Arkansas until Thursday)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Lisa Congratulations!!!!!!!

Goal is to get my leg exercises prescribed by my Physical Therapist daily.