• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Awe, wise words ladies! Thank you!
    Becca
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I highly doubt the CEO and her assistant will be disappointed in hiring you. Banish the thought. Hope you find your Arkansas home base and all the other plans fall into place. :wink:

Janetr: Love seeing little Mia growing healthy and strong.

NYKaren
    : Kudos on the plethora of accomplishments over your spring break. Proud of you.

Meg
    : So very glad you are back here with us. I continue to send you energy. :heart: I thought you had other fur-babies in addition to Benny. Ah yes, sleep is quite the tonic.

Carol in GA: Beautiful family photos.

Yvonne: Helicopters buzzing your campsite is a real bummer. Glad you still managed to have fun with family.

Lenora: Hope the meds knock out the headache and body aches. You remind me that I need to schedule a therapeutic massage soon. I consider it a form of prevention.

Michele: Hope you’ll take and share a photo of all your ceramics around the pool. I remember when there were only 2-3 painted critters in your collection.

Marcelyn: Your family looks like a fun bunch. Good to see kids playing outside instead of on electronic devices.

Becca: Do you want Pip’s boot in your backside? :frowning: Hey, one doctor’s visit does not constitute a total defeat. I share your struggle with ‘mindless’ eating. But lean in here and let me tell you a little secret…exercise is amazing, and the more you do it, the more addicting it becomes. Can you see your way to burning another 100 calories per day? Just a thought.

Feeeline: Wish I lived closer. I’d definitely take you on a walk around the mall. Can you walk and talk on the phone with a long distance partner?

Machka9: What a ride. Are you lactose intolerant?

Patceoh: I think you deserve some new dishes! Have fun selecting whatever appeals to you.

Katla: The vodka ice cream sounds divine and dangerous. :confounded:

Friday I had my annual physical. Doctor said that ‘boring is good in her business, and I’m definitely boring’. Lost 3.2 pounds since last visit, and that makes 5 years straight that the scale has moved down. EKG was good. Cholesterol is fine. I take red yeast rice daily, and she recommends I continue it. Blood pressure was slightly elevated, but I think it’s the dang electronic cuff which hurts like the dickens on my well upholstered upper arms. Yay for boring! Now, if I could just get my DH to go in for a physical....

My Easter was pleasant. Puttered on the deck and brought out the plants I had brought into the house over the winter. We still might get some freezing temps at night, but the daytime sun has been hot and bright, and I got some cuttings started and seeds planted. Hoooray for Spring!!! :smile: :smiley::sunglasses:

We don’t celebrate holidays and don’t have family nearby, so I prepare meals just for the 2 of us. Made a late afternoon supper of one organic grass fed ribeye steak and SkinnyTaste asparagus and carmelized onion tartlets. They were tasty, but kind of a pain in the rear to make. Next time, I’ll stick to the onion and asparagus without the phyllo crust.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

April Resolutions and mid-month Progress to Date:

Prelog my breakfast and 2 snacks - done
    Collect all passwords into an address book - Incomplete
    Call one long distance friend per week - done
    Practice Reiki daily - done
    Word for 2017: Attune
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Interesting day here, I had another sleepless night because of the lack of Norco. I hope tonight is better.
    I was watching DWTS. Great dance routines done to Disney music! I just made a cup of tea and now watching one of my faves, Better Call Saul on AMC.
    My Uncle Gene passed away Easter morning. Very sad. I feel sad for my aunt. She's 82 but all my cousins live in the same town. He was 90 and had
    Pancreatic cancer since Christmas. He was funny and was always joking.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The last part of my post was cut off?
    Have a good week
    Dana from Arkansas
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Joyce, I’m sorry your church won’t do the Easter music that you enjoy. I think it must just be us “Oldies” that like the old music. I still can’t get used to some of the contemporary services. For some reason they just feel commercialized to me.

Becca, great picture of you and your sis.

Lisa, you do know that compared to most of us you live a very adventuresome life. It’s always interesting to hear what’s going on. I’m sure you are excited about ending one chapter and starting a new one. Where is Louisiana does our DD live? My DH is from Monroe and that’s where I lived when we met.

Pam, cool kites. That must be a fun event to go to.

Meg, ((((Hugs)))) to you.

CarolGA, beautiful family.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I called the local charity that gives items to the needy and set up for them to pick up our items on Friday morning. DH and I worked in the garage for a while, sorting the charity items from the few things we will keep. It will be so nice to get our garage back. Today I think DH is finally going to start moving some of his clothes into the guest room so the bigger bedroom will be ready for DD when she gets here. I just pray the two of them can get along as they have such a strange and strained relationship. I had a Moose meeting tonight and was elected to a position comparable to VP for next year. So far we are having a hard time getting ladies to agree to chair 6 committees. Ours is a very large chapter so there is no excuse for that. Oh well. I’m off to bed.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a Chief's wife, yes I have survived 20 years, being moved from up one side and down the other of California. Yes it was one visit and just like numbers on the scale, these cholesterol numbers won't define me! I cast out these negative thoughts and shall replace them with thoughts of you all!

To be honest, I am just scared for when I have no sons to raise, no child to check on. Its a pit in my stomach, and I don't know how to process it. Hints from you ladies on how you managed, without going mental...

Becca
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Allie - Leaving my abusive ex-husband was one of the hardest things I have ever done, it was also one of the best things I have done for me. You have lots of support here. Stay strong and do what is best for you. I know you can do this.

Hugs to everyone.
    Paula Y.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Sage/Jude in Chicagoland: I started here 1645 days ago. The pounds came off slowly over a period of 1.5 to 2 years, and that is good for health. I'm willing to bet that you'll be at your goal weight long before you're in a nursing home if you count your calories and move more. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Can you just imagine a nursing home with a bunch of us living there? I suspect it would be full of fun. Perhaps we'd be better off financially if we all moved aboard a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. I read an article about an elderly woman who did just that. She always booked the same suite and was only gone when it was in port and being cleaned up between cruises. It was less expensive than a nursing home with better food, had a resident doctor on staff, and was a LOT of fun. :bigsmile:

Rori: I had my first taste of the vodka ice cream today. YUM!!! Your Easter meal sounds delightful. :star:

twestra62: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. :smiley:

Dana From AR: I'm sorry for the loss of your Uncle Gene. Congrats on your lost pound. :flowerforyou:

Becca: My kids were close to home when they first moved out. DS went to college where his dad worked, and DD tried it but didn't like that school. She decided to go to school farther away from home and went to Eastern Oregon, Alaska, Montana, & then Colorado. She ended with her Master's Degree. Right now she is living in Illinois with her husband's family. My son is in the Army and currently stationed in Virginia so they are now both far away. This will be a transition for you. I would recommend trying to find enjoyable things to do with your DH and friends in your community. Volunteer somewhere so you feel useful—nursing home, school or ??? Audition for one of the wonderful musicals in Astoria. That would take more courage for me because I sing like a sick cat. You, however, are musically gifted. :heart: It will take a little time, but you will eventually find just the right thing to keep life enjoyable. (((HUGS)))

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca – I think I am going to have gained back what I had lost the last time I got weighed-in. If I stayed the same, then it would be a ‘miracle’; but, I’d be happy. Yo-Yoing is just costing me more money. I will wear shorts tomorrow provided it isn’t too cool to do so.

We have 2 sons; DOS lives next door and works with Louis; we get a ‘lot’ of ‘drama’ from his end. Filing for bankruptcy was one thing he really did not want to do; they were working on their bills and doing the ‘snowball effect’ where you pay the minimum on the larger bills and then work hard at paying off the smallest one; then getting it paid off and adding that amount to the next lowest, and so on. But, the DDnL#1 quit her job one day, without ever consulting him, and was ‘out of work’ for 4 months which put them several $1000s deeper in debt. She has a entry level State job which provides them with health insurance and retirement. She wanted to ‘quit’ it and look for a job that paid more. He freaked out, telling her that the insurance and retirement had value and if she ‘quit the job’ taking away health insurance for the entire family, including oldest daughter, he would file for a divorce the next day. After they went to the bankruptcy attorneys that I told them to go to and NOT to use the attorney that Jenn had picked out, Trey was a lot more ‘at ease’. They are giving up Jenn’s car and have about 4 months to find something dependable that she can drive to a surrounding county to work. She had the opportunity to go on an ‘interview’ that ‘if’ she had gotten the job would have brought her back to town and she’d get a fairly significant raise. But, because their 16-year-old doesn’t want to learn to drive, she turned it down. I can remember that I couldn’t WAIT until I was 16 to be able to drive! She’s pissed because she won’t have her own car. I would have gone on the interview and then ‘if’ I got it, daughter would have ‘learned’ to drive. I could have gone to pick them up and she could have driven home. They won’t get in the car with me driving because I flipped my car during a seizure. I can understand that; I just can’t believe they are not ‘making’ her learn how to drive. One day she might need to drive. If she doesn’t get her DL by August; she will have to wait until she is 18; if she doesn’t get it by the age of 18; she’ll have to wait until she is 21. Our DYS lives out in Louisiana. I worry about the DOS; Louis worries about DYS.

Beth – I always question people that are ‘happy all the time’. I agree there is no way for someone to be ‘happy’ all the time; some people can be at peace most of the time; but, we are only ‘human’ and some days we just have ‘things’ happen that we don’t have any control over. We have a neighbor on the other side of DOS and she, especially, is overly accommodating and if she can’t do something she falls all over herself apologizing. Gee, a ‘simple’ No, sorry I can’t do that’ would suffice. She is a little older than I am; he husband is younger than Louis; but, he acts so much older. I went over the other day to see if they had phone service as we had gone 4 or more hours without it. When I came to the door, he looked at me as if ‘being me just did not register with him; and when I asked about phone service his face went blank. I wonder if he is suffering from a form of Alzheimer’s; his wife has taken on doing things around the house that most of the time he would have done. She mows the grass, he rarely comes outside now. If, that is the case, I feel for her. He hasn’t stopped driving as far as I can tell.

Rori – They gave me 2 shots; and, by the middle of the afternoon the headache had gone away and my shoulders were beginning to loosen up. Two days, I was sick as a ‘dog’; he said my back and shoulders were ‘tighter than a drum’. Shoulders hurt to move them, dizzy if I changed position, and nauseous both days. Feeling better.

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lenora - You do know that wearer lighter clothes just makes your clothes lighter, not you body right? lol

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Oh my! 300 + posts and 12 pages…… I just can’t do that tonight – so I’ll read the last 5 pages… sorry to all I skipped!

I am having a hard time with my schedule, and have been hitting a wall – I can do 5 days of gardening 3-4 hours each day, but the 6th day is really playing havoc with my body, it is just exhausted. And have not yet figured out a way to change that. I am going to put together a letter and raise my hourly rate on my longest term client, I sorta hate to do it, they are very good to me, but I need to get my prices in line with what is “normal and expected” And this particular client is one who really has me do a ton of “heavy lifting” moving concrete- digging holes – working on sprinklers in the rain, till I am completely soaked… Everyone else pays more… just a $3 an hour increase, will get them in line with the rest.

The sibling pictures got me thinking I do not remember a picture of the 3 of us. I talked to my mom and there is one from when the youngest is about 3 years old….I’ll be looking for one more “current” I have not seen my sister for over 25 years so I know there is not one that is really current. And the sad thing is my dad died in 1979, and there is not a single family picture. Not a professional pic or even a snap…

Meg ((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Jimilyn – welcome!

Chris – I’m not sure that they would be confused with a carrot, but I love the idea!!

Kelly – Interesting question –“What movie, music, or book pumps you up? When you need an inspiration injection or need to feel that "Rocky" hands-over-head feeling...what do you turn to to get that energizing injection? I love LOVE strong woman movies. Like G.I. Jane or Catwoman. Both horrid movies, but make me feel like I could kick the crap out of somebody. Very energizing (in a good way). What works for you?” My first thought was I don’t have one, then I got to thinking about some of the 60-70’s music, and I am Woman by Helen Reddy 1971 is one for me…

Michele – When I do ham (not often at all) I do a fresh Boarshead, (don’t know if you can get that brand there) low sodium and amazing taste!

Marcelyn – WOW – I can’t even imagine a family that big, I was one of 3 and there is only 1 in the next generation.

Allie (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) we all are on your side!

Becca – no pity, just hugs and understanding…. This is not just a diet or food related journey we are on it is about the whole of us and that is not always easy. I definitely think a hobby/volunteer opportunity is a good option, maybe take on a community garden plot again?

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    :( Yucky sick today
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi all!
    Haven't got time to write all I would like to. I read all your posts with great attention. <3 Love and hugs. <3

Yoga this morning - not a great calorie burn :'( - and then the grandchildren arrive. :D I have lunch more or less ready in the fridge. I hope DYS will stop for a bite to eat. Beds are made. We only have to stick up the blackout in their room. Might leave it for them to watch us doing it. :)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a happy Easter, I was really bad re eating and drinking but hey today is the beginning of a new week and I will get back on track. Will go do Leslie Sansone vid this morning and a walk outside this afternoon. Can't go to the gym yet, go for eye checkup on Monday so hopefully back to gym soon.

Welcome any newbies and lots of hugs for those who need them and even those who don't, let's have a group hug <3

Kate UK <3
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn: love the pool party!
    Becca: sorry to hear about the cholesterol. Do you track your cholesterol intake on MFP?
    Dana: so sorry to hear about your uncle.
    Sharon: so sorry about your cousin.

It is a cool, but beautiful spring morning here. Not a cloud in the sky. That is actually bad, our water tables must be really low. We have hardly had any rain in weeks, after a winter with relatively little snow. I guess we sent it to all of you living in Canada and the northern part of the USA.

We are gearing up to take our kitty to the vet tomorrow for her shots. With cats we have had in the past, this was never a problem. Our current family member is a different story. When we adopted her from the animal shelter last year, we realized that she must have been badly abused. She slunk along the floor for several weeks and still jumps a mile high when she hears a sudden noise. When something new comes into the house (like a new pocketbook hanging on the door), she still slinks up to until she determines that it is not a threat. She is now very affectionate with us and loves to sit on me when I am sleeping and my DH when he is watching television, but she passionately hates being picked up. It took her much longer to get used to my husband and is very leery around men. The family that gave her to the shelter had a small child and I also wonder whether the child was too aggressive with her. Anyway, the last time we took her to the vet, the vet asked that we give her a mild tranquilizer before bringing her back. So, out will come the pill and the gloves. Wish us luck.

- Leigh in France