Ladies, be honest......why no replies?

Options
12346»

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    ok dude....i will give you ONE more secret to getting friends on here.

want some chicks on your FL?
    change your profile pic to this: p0stworkout-nutrition-abs-man-28102011.jpg

youre gonna wind up with TOO MANY girls, bro!
    then you'll need to balance it out with some dudes.
    change your pic to this: 269229_433541860048319_559357639_n.png

and dont even worry about your gender being listed as a dude...people dont pay attention to that. they see the pic, and like moths to a flame...bam.

youre welcome, man.

^^ OMG your killing me LMAO!!!

But to the OP - yes you may have to just send a friend request. I generally do not request anyone and any email receives are quick question / answer or secret reply to a post. Not for daily conversation.
    Most people on here check in - say hey great job today - quick check of forums and off they go. Read through the forums - find people that spark your interest and send the friend requests. But by all means - yes complete your profile :)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I checked out your profile. Not enough info in my opinion. It looks like from the picture that you might be into fishing but I really couldn't say with as little information as you have.
    I joined a few months ago and wrote a letter of intro and I received NO replies at all to it (beyond the default letter from the admin).....Also, I received no replies from the ladies (my age) that i wrote too either. My letter was simple and not too personal...just that i was looking for a pen-pal to go on this weight loss journey with.

I am a big, big guy, yes (360# 6.1) but this is a diet site site and that should be expected.

Is my picture too scary or ugly?

Did I not add enough info on my profile?

Please be honest and give me some advice on why I am being wall-flowered.

Thank`s

Neil
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of people are looking for 'pen pals' here. They are working on themselves and looking for general support and encouragement. If you are hoping for romance, you best try another site. This is not a dating site, its for weight-loss.

Good luck though. :smile:
  • wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me, if you like. I'd be happy to support you in your weight loss efforts only!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    srsly...make a thread in the main forums with a double-entendre title.

something like "how do i log my big balls" and then in the body of the post, talk about how you made the meatballs to go with pasta, and ask if you log the ingredients individually or if you just use a generic meatball as what you should log.

youll thank me later.

:laugh: that would get me
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting your intentions, but this is a diet site. Not a dating site. And ALOT of women, myself included, don't want to add male friends.

why not add guys?

This is what I dont get... Why not add guys? Heck I am not dating any of the guys on my list, but they are pretty awesome to have on my FL because they are incredible support!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    hi, i just joined yesterday, and this is my first post. im not the greatest typest, so please bear with me. no you are not ugly and the fact that no one has replied surprises me.my name is julie, and right now i weigh 300 lbs. im 58 years young and have several health issues im hoping to resolve if i can get this weight off. i live with my daughter and her husband in colorado. i have 10 awesome grand kids. i love to draw portraits, go fishing, read, play video games, thats what grandmas do sometimes. lately been very tired with no energy. not my norm. i want to exercise tho difficult cause i have copd. my goal is to lose 100 lbs slowly so it will stay off. so tell me more about yourself.

OMG

get_a_room.jpg

lol
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    ok dude....i will give you ONE more secret to getting friends on here.

want some chicks on your FL?
    change your profile pic to this: p0stworkout-nutrition-abs-man-28102011.jpg

youre gonna wind up with TOO MANY girls, bro!
    then you'll need to balance it out with some dudes.
    change your pic to this: 269229_433541860048319_559357639_n.png

and dont even worry about your gender being listed as a dude...people dont pay attention to that. they see the pic, and like moths to a flame...bam.

youre welcome, man.

****.... Im going to change my profile pic to the "ladies rear end" picture with the cute dog. Oh no no no.... Then I'd get waaay too many requests.

Theres nothing wrong with your pic.. You could add a few more pics, and maybe just a little bit of info about you. Let some people know if your diary is open. Thats helps.. I just don't have any guy friends here. So the pic on your avatar is pretty cool. Your a fisherman, and that's cool. Can't tell anything about you though. Whats wrong with more guy friends on your list. Like the guy who posted what I quoted right here?
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    Ladies, be honest......why no replies?

creepy-dude.gif

Hahahaha pretty much
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting your intentions, but this is a diet site. Not a dating site. And ALOT of women, myself included, don't want to add male friends.

why not add guys?

I add guys sparingly because if my husband was on this site I wouldn't want him to have a million female friends and no guy friends. I think it's a slippery slope sometimes on a site like this when we are so vulnerable (sharing out weight loss woes can sometimes be very personal) and I wouldn't want to find myself crossing a line, or being someone that makes someone else want to cross a line. So to play it safe, I rarely add guys to my friends list. But that's just me.

100% Agree!!!!!!!
  • judgestacy
    judgestacy Posts: 32
    Options
    I agree with a lot of what people said already....lost in the shuffle, some women feel more comfortable getting support just from other women, and a lot of people only wait for friends requests and don't send them just because they may be more introverted, or they are afraid of seeming too pushy, etc. I, personally, am chatty, outgoing, and rather pushy so I will send you a friend request.

I only just thought of adding complete strangers this week when I came back to MFP and it is already a huge support!
  • LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Make more posts!
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have to wince.. but be honest and say I rarely read the intro posts, there are sooo many! Plus I'm not much of a talker, so I don't reply much to what I do read.

However I sent you a friend request for two reasons.. or three. 1. You are in my age group, I'm 48. 2. You are Canadian I assume from your name.. some of the best people I know are Canadians! 3. We can all always use another friend/support!

Welcome and good luck!! :)
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I see a post from a guy wanting only ladies for friends, I assume that person is trolling for pictures. Many bad experiences on mfp where the man asks for pictures in bikinis or other inappropriate comments have put me off of adding men who only want women for friends. I am on here to lose weight not hook up.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't remember seeing it, perhaps you joined before I did. You look pretty cuddly to me, FAR from scary or ugly!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    On any given day there are around 973,598,965,758,972 intro posts. A lot of people that have been here awhile (like myself) typically don't pick up newbies unless there's something really striking in your first post.

And that's if we see it.

Give yourself some time to figure out the site and pick up friends along the way.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

****.... Im going to change my profile pic to the "ladies rear end" picture with the cute dog. Oh no no no.... Then I'd get waaay too many requests.

Theres nothing wrong with your pic.. You could add a few more pics, and maybe just a little bit of info about you. Let some people know if your diary is open. Thats helps.. I just don't have any guy friends here. So the pic on your avatar is pretty cool. Your a fisherman, and that's cool. Can't tell anything about you though. Whats wrong with more guy friends on your list. Like the guy who posted what I quoted right here?

There was a dog???
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    srsly...make a thread in the main forums with a double-entendre title.

something like "how do i log my big balls" and then in the body of the post, talk about how you made the meatballs to go with pasta, and ask if you log the ingredients individually or if you just use a generic meatball as what you should log.

youll thank me later.

OMG. I cannot even take it! :laugh:
    Made my day.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Post on topics on the forum that interest you, meet other people in these topics and add them. Some people will only add you if you add a note as to why you want to friend them. Fill out your profile. Have it set so at least your friends can view your diary.Add more pics (optional) Join groups!