so hungryyyyyyyyyyy

Options

Replies

• camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber has been my best friend. I use fiber in my morning coffee. And it helps me stay fuller longer
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I too think it would help alot if you could list out what foods you can eat, and what your body does tolerate?

A few months ago my husband and I were eating basically only organic meat, veggies and fruit, and on a very tight budget because we were both in school and looking for jobs. If you could list what you can eat, we could possibly help you figure out some meals?
    Also your carers, they prepare your meals? Are they aware that you need to lose weight in order to have your surgery? Is there any way you can prepare you own meals? Maybe find 4-5 meals your body can tolerate and just alternate those recipes? It may get boring but it could help alot
  • VictoriousBeauty
    VictoriousBeauty Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    dracaene wrote: »

Thank you for your reply. That is a good site, I have downloaded a completed list of foods with a high to negligible risk factor beside each food, was hoping it would mean I might widen my food list, sadly not!
    God bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    Protein and fiber has been my best friend. I use fiber in my morning coffee. And it helps me stay fuller longer

Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by you use fibre in your coffee, what type of fibre? Thank you
    God bless you
    xoxox
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Inulin powder is a good fibre to drink, makes me feel too full though. I struggle to eat for hours later with it.

Have you started your walking training yet?
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    I too think it would help alot if you could list out what foods you can eat, and what your body does tolerate?

A few months ago my husband and I were eating basically only organic meat, veggies and fruit, and on a very tight budget because we were both in school and looking for jobs. If you could list what you can eat, we could possibly help you figure out some meals?
    Also your carers, they prepare your meals? Are they aware that you need to lose weight in order to have your surgery? Is there any way you can prepare you own meals? Maybe find 4-5 meals your body can tolerate and just alternate those recipes? It may get boring but it could help alot

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, will post the list below of foods definitely okay to eat, however, am using antihistamines right now whilst I figure it out!
    Carers make my food because I cannot, so no there is no way for me to make them however, they know I need to lose weight, I tell them to think of what they need, and half it, or even a third when it comes to starchy vegetables.

Foods I am okay on:
    Blueberries
    carrots
    celery (half a stick max per meal)
    courgette/zucchini
    pumpkin
    spinach
    sweet potato
    all squashes
    ginger
    ?swede/rutabaga (still to be tested)
    Lamb
    Beef
    Game
    White fish
    Homemade bone broth (using bones from meat above)
    raw honey (maximum 1 tbs a day)
    ?sprouted flax seeds (still to be tested)
    ?sprouted chia seeds (still to be tested)
    ?raw goats milk (still to be sourced affordably, and tested)
    ?goats milk yogurt (still to be sourced affordably, and tested)

thats my list

God bless you
    xoxox
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible to eat more often, in smaller amounts? That might allow you to eat some things such as beans and pulses and still keep your bg steady.

Also, any activity you can manage will help - ten minutes of moving your arms in the air is better than no exercise at all, and as you do more you will be able to do more. Anything that gets your heart rate up will help. Maybe some yoga arm exercises?
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    Would it be possible to eat more often, in smaller amounts? That might allow you to eat some things such as beans and pulses and still keep your bg steady.

Also, any activity you can manage will help - ten minutes of moving your arms in the air is better than no exercise at all, and as you do more you will be able to do more. Anything that gets your heart rate up will help. Maybe some yoga arm exercises?

Thanks for your reply

I eat mostly days 4 time, which is often enough, I cant eat beans and pulses as I cant digest them
    I move as much as I can, wouldnt risk moving arms in air as would dislocate shoulders etc Only exercise potentially ok is in water
    God bless you
    xoxox
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Yes, will post the list below of foods definitely okay to eat, however, am using antihistamines right now whilst I figure it out!
    Carers make my food because I cannot, so no there is no way for me to make them however, they know I need to lose weight, I tell them to think of what they need, and half it, or even a third when it comes to starchy vegetables.

Foods I am okay on:
    Blueberries
    carrots
    courgette/zucchini
    pumpkin
    spinach
    sweet potato
    all squashes
    ginger
    Lamb
    Beef
    Game
    White fish

thats my list

God bless you
    xoxox

This is a pretty good list to start from. I use carrots very often to bulk out my meals (I like to roast them with parsley, if you can tolerate the herb). They are very inexpensive and easy to get where I live. My lunches this week are "steak and sweet potato fajitas", but that's just julienned sweet potatoes (150-200g) (I also use onions and bell peppers, but you may be intolerant) and thinly sliced beef (~100g). Pumpkins, and other squashes like kabocha and acorn are very tasty roasted, and served alongside a protein. Very low calories for the bulk. Blueberries and spinach make a delicious salad (once you test goat's milk, perhaps add goat cheese, if you can have it) and it doesn't even need a dressing (to me).

Hope that some of these ideas help you. Best of luck!
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    Thanks, list isnt too horrendous, I cant eat raw foods except fruit, no herbs really, onions and bell peppers definitely a no, meat I tend to use about 150 grams, and I cant have more than 100 grams of starchy veg so either squash, or carrots, or sweet potato per meal else my blood sugars go wild, although this week they went wild on that so might have to take the portion down further Time will tell Oh cant afford the goats milk as delivery is £8 which makes it prohibitive
    God bless you
    xoxox
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A couple pro tips for maintaining blood sugars.
    - Always eat your fats and your proteins WITH your carbs and it will slow down the absorption of the carbs.
    - Did you have any fat sources on your list? I can't remember.
    - Blood sugars can go wild if you are coming down with something or have inflammation of some sort. If that is going on, the bad sugar numbers may have nothing to do with your diet today.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Are you a long way from a Sainsbury's or a Tesco? They sell goat milk but not organic, they do goat butter as well. just a thought.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Are you a long way from a Sainsbury's or a Tesco? They sell goat milk but not organic, they do goat butter as well. just a thought.

They deliver as well. As does Asda which is a bit cheaper
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

Foods I am okay on:
    Blueberries
    carrots
    courgette/zucchini
    pumpkin
    spinach
    sweet potato
    all squashes
    ginger
    Lamb
    Beef
    Game
    White fish

thats my list

God bless you
    xoxox

Lots of good protein sources and veggies on this list.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    A couple pro tips for maintaining blood sugars.
    - Always eat your fats and your proteins WITH your carbs and it will slow down the absorption of the carbs.
    - Did you have any fat sources on your list? I can't remember.
    - Blood sugars can go wild if you are coming down with something or have inflammation of some sort. If that is going on, the bad sugar numbers may have nothing to do with your diet today.

Thanks for your reply

I always eat fat with carbs and generally proteins too but not carbs alone (fat source is from lamb and beef)
    I cant change the inflammation in my body, my joints dislocate at will so I always have inflammation which is why I have calcification of my tendons etc
    also always seem to have low grade infection but, not one except me is concerned by it hence me taking decision on diet so strictly to help reduce stress from foods I eat and more inflammation
    Hopefully it will pay off

God bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options

Thanks for your reply, Yes I am and yes they deliver but their goats milk is not raw, it has to be organic and raw for benefit but thanks

God bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options

They deliver as well. As does Asda which is a bit cheaper

thanks for your reply

they do deliver, but they do not do raw organic goats milk so I cant have it but, good idea otherwise

God bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options

Foods I am okay on:
    Blueberries
    carrots
    courgette/zucchini
    pumpkin
    spinach
    sweet potato
    all squashes
    ginger
    Lamb
    Beef
    Game
    White fish

thats my list

God bless you
    xoxox

Lots of good protein sources and veggies on this list.

Thanks for your reply

There are good proteins, expensive but good, veggies are good too, its keeping to only 100 grams of either carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, swede, squashes per meal, and then some other veggies That often means as my body doesnt cope with a pile of fat due to gallbladder am often at around 700-800 calories if I stick to these foods which is why I am trying to figure a better way as no one can sustain life of health on that level of calories and it would be dangerous to do so Medically told ideal is 1800 for me, not to drop below 1600 calories a day

God bless you
    xoxox
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if I've missed it before. Can you have cooked cabbage or kale? There are a lot of non-starchy vegetables that don't have to be eaten raw. I've been recently eating precooked mussels. They have been like $3.00-3.50 a pound (two servings) but they are almost purely protein. The ones I had today was listed as 27 grams of protein per serving.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    I'm sorry if I've missed it before. Can you have cooked cabbage or kale? There are a lot of non-starchy vegetables that don't have to be eaten raw. I've been recently eating precooked mussels. They have been like $3.00-3.50 a pound (two servings) but they are almost purely protein. The ones I had today was listed as 27 grams of protein per serving.

Thanks for your reply
    Ahh I cant have shellfish at all, and yes I tolerate small amounts of chard but not kale or cabbage but oh my that is awfully cheap to get shellfish, would be double that price in UK

God bless you
    xoxox