I need a 30 day shred buddy

Options
I've had the 30 day shred DVD for a while but keep hiding it away. I'm going to give it a go from tomorrow and I feel like I need at least 1 person to do it at the same time so that I'm not just answerable to myself!

I'm going to take before photos as motivation and continue to log on mfp. I will be starting at the beginning of the 30 day shred.

Anyone else feel like they would like to give it a go? Im not judgemental I promise! All I need is someone to bounce off to say yes we did it today, this is how it went etc and to share the good and bad shred days.

T.

Replies

• fitnessfreak545
    fitnessfreak545 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i will gladly try and give it a go. i don't have the videos but i've found some on youtube for 30 day shred. if those will work, i'll do it
  • susanhelton72
    susanhelton72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to give it a try.. Could someone please sent me the link on YouTube...
  • kathrynG0705
    kathrynG0705 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 17 and love it! Be careful with all the jumping and lunges. My knees are constantly in pain bc I always try to follow Natalie (hard version) instead of Anita. I've had to remind myself that I don't have to be hardcore each time bc if I over do it I'll end up with something broken. Also, level 3 is not on YouTube
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 today and I love it. Took measurements the first day and took some quick new measurements today and I'm already down .25-.5" in several areas after only a week.
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Is this the kettle bell version or the cardio version? I'm just restarting the kettle bell version, but never managed to complete it! I have slight concerns over exercising the same muscles every day but I guess it's only for 30 days?
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just finished day five, feeling much better than day one already!
  • PauseCollectReset
    PauseCollectReset Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 141 lbs! I would love to start it with you. I need high intensity cardio.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just finished day two today
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Did you start already? Trying to work up the nerve to tackle it again and a buddy would help a lot!
  • MysticalT
    MysticalT Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Please add me if you want to give this a go with me, it's good to know other people are already on with it.

I'm starting today, just waiting for the house to empty!

Are you all doing 30 days straight or having days off?
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Did you start already? Trying to work up the nerve to tackle it again and a buddy would help a lot!

Do it! Your only two days behind me :wink:
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    MysticalT wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies! Please add me if you want to give this a go with me, it's good to know other people are already on with it.

We are taking days off when/if we need them. I heard a rumor that Jillian recommends a day off for every 2 complete days.

I hope your first day went well!
  • MysticalT
    Options
    Day 1 completed! Yes it was hard but the 20 minutes flew. It's the cardio parts that got me as I am admittedly very unfit and I did stop for a few seconds a few times but I battled through it.

I did take a photo just so that I can see if there is any difference after the 30 days.

Actually looking forward to day 2!
  • MysticalT
    Options
    I've been doing some reading up regarding rest days and they are definitely recommended, at least one day. That 1 day ( or 2) does not count towards the 30 days.
    With this in mind I'm going to give Sundays a rest as I generally do a longer dog walk on that day anyway. It may take slightly longer this way but at least my body will have a chance to heal.

I also didn't realise that you are meant to eat protein after the workout. I'm such an exercise novice!
  • teresaautry
    teresaautry Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I'm doing it three days a week!
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I've had the 30 day shred DVD for a while but keep hiding it away. I'm going to give it a go from tomorrow and I feel like I need at least 1 person to do it at the same time so that I'm not just answerable to myself!

I'm going to take before photos as motivation and continue to log on mfp. I will be starting at the beginning of the 30 day shred.

Anyone else feel like they would like to give it a go? Im not judgemental I promise! All I need is someone to bounce off to say yes we did it today, this is how it went etc and to share the good and bad shred days.

T.

I'd do that, but would ask for a copy of said DVD!
  • run2chill
    run2chill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am happy to start the 30 day shred again from tomorrow morning I love Gillian's dvds.. got loads of them.. will get up early and do it.. Day 1.. here I come..xx
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @MysticalT are you still doing the shed ? I'm on my 1st day.
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I want to join in. I need some strength training in my life. Starting tonight. :D
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @roboliciousbob that's great! I'm on 2nd day!