Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Options

Replies

• spydergirl47
    spydergirl47 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Kirland bars from Costco are great!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Cliff Builder's Protein. Chocolate peanut butter and my fave is Hazelnut. They are as good as eating a dessert.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    Because if there are I'd really like to know

My goodness there are tons of them. Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel is out of this world. All of the Zone Perfect ones are yummy, as are the Special K. What ones have you tried?

I will pretty much only eat Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel after trying just about everything else and gagging. I hear it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it just gooey goodness that does actually taste pretty darn close to a candy bar.

I'm going to keep an eye out for this one since a couple people mentioned it. thanks!

I haven't had Peanut Butter Caramel, but one of my favorite Pure Protein bars is Chocolate Peanut Caramel. I alos really like the Dark Chocolate Coconut, Blueberry, Strawberry, Chocolate Deluxe, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. The Chewy Chocolate Chip and Smores are OK, IMO, but not great. And I can't stand the Salted Caramel.

Additionally, I don't like some of the other ones they have - can't remember the names, but they have the (awful, IMO) Quest-bar texture.

That's what I meant....and I think the other poster too. It's the Chocolate Peanut Caramel that I eat.

But, there is a Peanut Butter Caramel one, too - according to their website. I originally was going to point out that that's not what it was called, but I decided to look. Sure enough, there it was!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

No. Lol
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

My goodness there are tons of them. Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel is out of this world. All of the Zone Perfect ones are yummy, as are the Special K. What ones have you tried?

I will pretty much only eat Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel after trying just about everything else and gagging. I hear it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it just gooey goodness that does actually taste pretty darn close to a candy bar.

I'm going to keep an eye out for this one since a couple people mentioned it. thanks!

I haven't had Peanut Butter Caramel, but one of my favorite Pure Protein bars is Chocolate Peanut Caramel. I alos really like the Dark Chocolate Coconut, Blueberry, Strawberry, Chocolate Deluxe, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. The Chewy Chocolate Chip and Smores are OK, IMO, but not great. And I can't stand the Salted Caramel.

Additionally, I don't like some of the other ones they have - can't remember the names, but they have the (awful, IMO) Quest-bar texture.

That's what I meant....and I think the other poster too. It's the Chocolate Peanut Caramel that I eat.

But, there is a Peanut Butter Caramel one, too - according to their website. I originally was going to point out that that's not what it was called, but I decided to look. Sure enough, there it was!

Wow! You are right! I just checked it out and it actually looks really yummy. I'll have to try to find them. I haven't seen them in the stores around here.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah & Fit joy bars are pretty yummy I can eat them like candy bars
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I've tried Quest cinnamon roll and another one I can't remember the name of.

Then you've barely scratched the surface. :) Lot of good ones out there, and they've been identified in this thread. Give them a try.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    Cliff bars are NOT protein bars. Looking at the one in my drawer: 42g carbs, 7g fat, 9g protein... They have more calories from both carbs and fat. Besides... None of those are good either except the elusive carrot cake one.

Agreed. And I have never thought they tasted that great either. I mean, not bad. But definitely not a choice I would make.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options

I tried the Chocolate Peanut Caramel, it was just OK for me. Much prefer the Peanut Butter Caramel, but I can only find it at Kroger.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Cliff bars are NOT protein bars. Looking at the one in my drawer: 42g carbs, 7g fat, 9g protein... They have more calories from both carbs and fat. Besides... None of those are good either except the elusive carrot cake one.

Clif does regular bars and protein bars. Depends on which you buy.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

The one's under my desk are 20g and 270 cals. The Nature valley protein bars down there are 11 g and 190. So the Clif ones are a bigger protein bang for the calorie buck.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you're in the UK, Fulfil Nutrition bars are my favourite, particularly the peanut caramel one. So good. I like the cookies and cream one but I can see people being put off by how dry it is. It tastes a bit like a dry toffee crisp, imo. I bought 3 for £5 recently in Holland and Barrett to see if I liked them as much as I remembered, and I did, so I'm probably going to order a box online. This is the best endorsement I can give because generally I avoid protein products like the plague, preferring to just eat meat. :smile:

(All are roughly 205cals for a large-ish bar, bigger than Quest, and 20g of protein)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

The one's under my desk are 20g and 270 cals. The Nature valley protein bars down there are 11 g and 190. So the Clif ones are a bigger protein bang for the calorie buck.

Mm tasty, but they don't have enough bang for the buck for little old me (literally).
    As my cals are low even in maintenance I look for ones that give a 1:10 (p:cal) ratio. It really stunts my options. :'(

I have always got my Pure Protein bars from Costco- who knew there were so many flavour options? Not me! Hooray for web sites.

Cheers, h.
  • trysam1213
    trysam1213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Detour is good too
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love Powercrunch bars!!! I like all the flavors I've tried but my favorites are mint chocolate and peanut butter. I also like the white chocolate macadamia nut Cliff bars, and all the Lara bars (especially cashew cookie and apple pie).
  • mommykate74
    mommykate74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Powercrunch in either chocolate mint or chocolate peanut butter. Yummy!

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I like RX bars especially the chocolate sea salt and mint chocolate flavors. About 210 calories and 12g protein from nuts and egg whites.
    The texture reminds me of a tootsie roll but with chunks of nuts and cacao.
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    So I got the Oh Yeah birthday cake bars....wow, super sweet! It's really like eating a piece of cake. I could only eat half at a time, which is probably good because they have 200 calories and 24 carbs.
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I love Cliff Builders bars.

Can't stand Quest bars, they're grossly sweet with a weird taste and make me feel slightly nauseous. I tried Oh Yeah bars and had pretty much the same experience with them. They're not quite as sweet as the Quest bars though.