Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Options

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch

+1000 for those. My favorite. Not so low on the calories though, a big one is 30g protein but 380 cals. Worth it though over a candy bar any day of the week.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I like the quest cookies and cream and vanilla almond flavors the best... These aren't the most popular, but I like them way better than the others. The cookie and almond bits seem to help with the texture.

But really? Like, actually delicious? Actually a healthy candy bar? No. Lies. All lies.

2016-05-06-09-29-mars_cropped_80.jpg

Where did you find them? These are my 2 favorite chocolate bars and if I could pass them off as protein bars......

Now wondering if I can find them in Canada.

Google here I come.

Amazon has them. A pack of 18 bars for a mere $350. :neutral:

• Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love cliff builder protein 20 grams of protein and 270 calories for their vanilla almond. I normally go for the chocolate flavor but their vanilla is sooo yummy it's like a daily treat.

I know everyone recommends quest because of their 1 gram of net carbs but you can taste the missing carbs. Honestly if you aren't on a low carb diet who cares.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love the Fit & Active protein bars. To me the Quest bars tasted like dried cookie dough that someone forgot to put sugar in.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Smart forLife from Costco or on line.
    They are more like a rice crispy square covered in chocolate.
    About 20g protein for under 200 cals.

Premier are cake like with little crunch balls in them. Mint is good.
    About 30g protein for 300 cals.

Cheers, h.

I like the smart life too. They seemed to be the ones that gave the most protein for lowest calories
  • Sharonwalkergmailcom
    Sharonwalkergmailcom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Vega one protein bar
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Probar BASE mint chocolate bars have 20g I think and taste like cookies. So good. (But high in sugar if that's something you're trying to avoid). I also like the NuGo dark chocolate pretzels bars. 10g (but also high in sugar).
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Also Julian Paleo bars are high in protein and very low in sugar but don't taste too awful. Definitely not like a candy bar but edible.
  • jenniferdivito516
    jenniferdivito516 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have liked most of the Luna flavors I have tried. The berry flavor was a little weird, bit the chocolate flavors are all good, and less than 200 calories (walnut caramel brownie was especially good)
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The Oh Yeah! Bars are great. I also like detour bars, the new dark chocolate sea salt almond ones are so good! Quest bars are okay, if you can find the blueberry muffin ones I think that's the best flavor.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ONE bars are good! I tried the blueberry cobbler flavor as a sample.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Pure Protein bars which taste good and offer the highest protein for the lowest cost compared with many other brands that I've tried.
  • Lexational
    Lexational Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try out Quest bars. A bit pricey but definitely worth it imo
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Grenade Carb Killa all the way.
    Genuinely, properly taste like they're bad for you.
    The banana one on my desk right now is P23, F8, C2 (impact carbs anyway - there's polyols which I take off!), 217kcal
    Even my boyfriend likes them, and that's saying something.

I used to be really in to Quest bars until I found Grenade.
    I also have a weird soft spot for the MyProtein MyBar Zero in caramel apple or caramel peanut. A bit more traditionally protein bar like, but much cheaper...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options

Bu gger the Mars and Snickers bars- they do Bounty. I will be a child again.

Ooh, about $4 Can a bar + plane fare. They are one pricy treat.

Cheers, h.
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just saying.. You can make protein bars yourself at home, it takes only few minutes and you can chose any ingredients you love.
  • MariliaPa
    MariliaPa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should try PhD Nutrition Bars and flapjacks, v.low in carbs and about 25-30g protein for 200kcal. And yes, they taste rly good, especially the strawberry cheescake ones
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Another vote for Pure Protein bars which taste good and offer the highest protein for the lowest cost compared with many other brands that I've tried.

I tried those for their fiber/protein content as well, and they are super cheap compared to others. Unfortunately they were some of the worst tasting bars I've ever had. Horrible aftertaste from the sweetener, almost like they were packed full of saccharin. Just my experience, but maybe I'm just too picky.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I had a Pure Protein bar yesterday (the chocolate peanut butter) and it was delicious. I felt like I was eating a candy bar. It was really good. 200 calories, 2 grams of sugar and 18 or so grams of protein.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

I tried those for their fiber/protein content as well, and they are super cheap compared to others. Unfortunately they were some of the worst tasting bars I've ever had. Horrible aftertaste from the sweetener, almost like they were packed full of saccharin. Just my experience, but maybe I'm just too picky.

Which flavor bar was that?

FWIW, give their Chocolate Peanut Butter bar a try.

It's the best tasting of the 4-5 bars of theirs that I've eaten and, if I could only buy one, that's the one that I'd get.