Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Options

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Which flavor bar was that?

FWIW, give their Chocolate Peanut Butter bar a try.

It's the best tasting of the 4-5 bars of theirs that I've eaten and, if I could only buy one, that's the one that I'd get.

I believe it was Apple Pie flavor, it was horrific. ;(
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Which flavor bar was that?

FWIW, give their Chocolate Peanut Butter bar a try.

It's the best tasting of the 4-5 bars of theirs that I've eaten and, if I could only buy one, that's the one that I'd get.

I believe it was Apple Pie flavor, it was horrific. ;(

That's one of the ones I had mentioned that had the Quest-like texture. Yeah, those aren't very good.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Next time I run across them I will try the chocolate peanut butter ones. ;)
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I like the Combat Crunch bars. I've had the cookie dough and the peanut butter and I like both. To me they seem the most like a candy bar of any I've had and the stats are really good on them too.
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein - Chocolate Salted Caramel!!! I am not a huge caramel fan but the chocolate, salt, & caramel combo is perfect.

I like most of the Pure Protein. I've tried: Chocolate Deluxe, S'mores, Dark Chocolate Coconut (and maybe a peanut butter one but I can't remember - multi-pak from Sam's)

If you do shakes, Premier Protein 30g Protein Shakes - Chocolate (~160cal) are pretty good. I have one of their chocolate crunch bars it is pretty good. Texture like a Crunch bar, which is not my favorite chocolate.
  • isabellapanzica9387
    isabellapanzica9387 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Somebody already said it but I have to say Clif Builder peanut butter chocolate bars are the best protein bars out there. They are amazing and they dont share the same weird texture or that fake protein taste that other protein bars have.
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love the Fitjoy bars. Favorite is the vanilla
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just tried a Simply Protein lemon coconut bar. It was...not good.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Worst bars ever are Cliff and Quest. Someone told me Quest was sued for questionable ingredients. My favs are Pro Supps MY Bar Peanut Butter Crunch, Fit Crunch, Oh Yeah! and Papa Steve's No Junk Raw Protein Bars. The Raw Protein Bars are expensive, but are worth every penny. There isn't anything artificial in them. But a word of warning, they have a whopping 17g of fiber! I can only eat 1/2, then the other 1/2 a few hours later.
  • x3Karma3x
    x3Karma3x Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I honestly quite love power crunch bars. They remind ne of kit kats.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    MET-Rx Big 100 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars are pretty good. Good amount of cals and protein per bar.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    So, all this talk about Quest bars had me grabbing a few single bars at Wallyworld tonight. One of them was the White Chocolate Raspberry bar. Holy Reekris. That is something I won't be able to keep in the house. I don't think it's supposed to be cream cheese flavor but it definitely had that tiny bit of saltiness to it. And those were definitely real raspberry seeds getting stuck in my teeth. 10/10, would buy again if I could trust myself around them.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    With Quest bars, you have to heat them in the microwave...I heat mine for about 20 seconds on a plate and then eat with a spoon. YUM!. If you don't heat them they don't taste too good.

Oh yeah! bars are DELICIOUS. Recommend highly. And Clif bars, I love those too.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Someone told me Quest was sued for questionable ingredients.

That was a very long time ago. They have since reformulated, and I doubt they would risk using 'questionable ingredients' if they have already been sued once.
  • smicksseller
    smicksseller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too like the One bars and the Synth 6 bars are yummy like a rice Krispy square.
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like the ideal protein bars.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    With Quest bars, you have to heat them in the microwave...I heat mine for about 20 seconds on a plate and then eat with a spoon. YUM!. If you don't heat them they don't taste too good.

I didn't find that to be the case. I ate mine in the car on the way home from buying it.
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?
    Thanks for the research @Tacklewasher.
    I can see I will be bringing back a couple of boxes of the mars bars when I go to the UK next month, if I can find them.

I wonder if they deep fry well.

Cheers, h.

MMMMMMM Deep Fried Chalk - I'm in ....... ;)
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Detour bars in the 20 gram protein variety are good.
    The 30 gram protein version are like a brick though.

mxxz8ym26epy.jpg
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    The "good tasting* protein bars just taste better than the bad ones but still don't taste good.