Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Options

Replies

• cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Quest Cookie Dough and Mocha Chocolate Chip. Heat them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Delicious!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yup brand B up protein bars. they are high in fiber too
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein Plus bars. They do have a taffy-like texture. The regular Pure Protein bars taste pooey to me.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Many of the Atkins bars don't have that whey flavor. Also, pure protein has a caramel, peanut, chocolate bar that's delicious
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    One of my new favourites is Detour bars. The salted caramel cookie dough is amazing!
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Any interest in making your own?

I recently made these.

https://cleanfoodcrush.com/pumpkin-energy-balls/

I really like that I could control the sweetness. You could definitely add/subtract a variety of things if you need more/less macro-wise.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The new optimum nutrition birthday cake bites are really great. several of the musclepharm combat crunch flavors are also really good.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Because if there are I'd really like to know

I haven't had any that taste like chalk.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Jockamo319 wrote: »
    Pure protein - most of theirs taste pretty good, esp. strawberry

That's what I was going to say. I really like the chocolate chip too.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Brznhabits, thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Looks easy enough and maybe healthier than ready made bars? :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    One of my new favourites is Detour bars. The salted caramel cookie dough is amazing!

oh yeah those are DELICIOUS the detour simple chocolate chip caramel I think it is is yummy too.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I second the Quest bar recommendation. So far smores is my favorite and cookie dough is my second favorite. I've also tried cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter, and I think one other chocolate one and they were good enough. I also tried white chocolate raspberry and that's my least favorite - I wouldn't buy it again, but I'll eat the one I have left at some point.

I've also tried Mission 1 bars. I liked quest bars better, but since taste is subjective I'm mentioning them too. So far I've only tried their chocolate brownie flavor. It was a little weird but tasty enough to be satisfying. It was pretty chocolatey except for the little pieces in it that look like chocolate chips. I had one of those by itself and it was literally flavorless which was strange compared to how chocolatey the rest was.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use the Think Thin bars as after workout snacks alot. I haven't had one that I completely hated yet. Also Clif bars arent bad and the Oh Yeah bars are good.
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    After so many people gave thumbs up to the Oh Yeah birthday cake bars, I got some on Amazon Prime. I'll let you know!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »

My goodness there are tons of them. Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel is out of this world. All of the Zone Perfect ones are yummy, as are the Special K. What ones have you tried?

I will pretty much only eat Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel after trying just about everything else and gagging. I hear it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it just gooey goodness that does actually taste pretty darn close to a candy bar.

I'm going to keep an eye out for this one since a couple people mentioned it. thanks!

I haven't had Peanut Butter Caramel, but one of my favorite Pure Protein bars is Chocolate Peanut Caramel. I alos really like the Dark Chocolate Coconut, Blueberry, Strawberry, Chocolate Deluxe, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. The Chewy Chocolate Chip and Smores are OK, IMO, but not great. And I can't stand the Salted Caramel.

Additionally, I don't like some of the other ones they have - can't remember the names, but they have the (awful, IMO) Quest-bar texture.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Kirkland bars, oh yeah, pure protien are good.

My Kirkland bars feels like I'm chewing into leather lol.
    I like them, they were passed on to me because it was the most horrible thing they ever tasted.
    Any protein is good protein I say..

• Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    amenok wrote: »
    The Oh yeah! one bars are pretty good in my opinion (especially the maple donut and white birthday cake flavors) =p it makes you feel like you're eating something cakey(unlike the taffy texture quest bars have). You pay with a litttttle more carbs then some others but the macros are still worth it imo (i think 24g carbs, and 21 gram protein)

^^^I second this and to add Thinkthin bars are pretty good as well 20g of protein.
  • transformedbyhim56
    transformedbyhim56 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like Nature Valley protein bars. I like the caramel cashew, the chocolate peanut better and my favorite in the peanut,honey almond. They have 10 grams of protein and lots of whole nuts and are not too sweet.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

My goodness there are tons of them. Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel is out of this world. All of the Zone Perfect ones are yummy, as are the Special K. What ones have you tried?

I will pretty much only eat Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel after trying just about everything else and gagging. I hear it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it just gooey goodness that does actually taste pretty darn close to a candy bar.

I'm going to keep an eye out for this one since a couple people mentioned it. thanks!

I haven't had Peanut Butter Caramel, but one of my favorite Pure Protein bars is Chocolate Peanut Caramel. I alos really like the Dark Chocolate Coconut, Blueberry, Strawberry, Chocolate Deluxe, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. The Chewy Chocolate Chip and Smores are OK, IMO, but not great. And I can't stand the Salted Caramel.

Additionally, I don't like some of the other ones they have - can't remember the names, but they have the (awful, IMO) Quest-bar texture.

That's what I meant....and I think the other poster too. It's the Chocolate Peanut Caramel that I eat.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I like the quest cookies and cream and vanilla almond flavors the best... These aren't the most popular, but I like them way better than the others. The cookie and almond bits seem to help with the texture.

But really? Like, actually delicious? Actually a healthy candy bar? No. Lies. All lies.

2016-05-06-09-29-mars_cropped_80.jpg

Where did you find them? These are my 2 favorite chocolate bars and if I could pass them off as protein bars......

Now wondering if I can find them in Canada.

Google here I come.

A friend brought me some over from the UK... I have not seen them in the USA.

Oh no! I was thinking I would get out and buy some of those! Protein Snickers sounds like something I need in my life! Sigh, maybe they will make it to the US soon.