Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Replies

• AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    edited April 2017
    I've tried Quest cinnamon roll and another one I can't remember the name of.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited April 2017
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I like the quest cookies and cream and vanilla almond flavors the best... These aren't the most popular, but I like them way better than the others. The cookie and almond bits seem to help with the texture.

But really? Like, actually delicious? Actually a healthy candy bar? No. Lies. All lies.

2016-05-06-09-29-mars_cropped_80.jpg

Where did you find them? These are my 2 favorite chocolate bars and if I could pass them off as protein bars......

Now wondering if I can find them in Canada.

Google here I come.

A friend brought me some over from the UK... I have not seen them in the USA.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Quest bars are gross. They don't taste like chalk, but they're sickeningly sweet. Otherwise, they'd be pretty good.

Zone protein bars DO NOT taste chalky. They taste like candy bars, but not sickeningly sweet like Quest bars.

This thread is so informative. Now I'm on the lookout for Snickers protein bars!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Allright @Chef_Barbell You are just mean.

Only place to find them is one retailer on Amazon.ca that want $268 for a case of 18. Almost $15 a bar.

Even on Amazon.com (that won't ship to Canada) they are almost $7 a bar.

Just mean......
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited April 2017

Only place to find them is one retailer on Amazon.ca that want $268 for a case of 18. Almost $15 a bar.

Just mean......

I know... and I ate all of mine a while back. :cry:
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    I like Think Thin Brownie Crunch or Espresso chocolate. They also came out with a lemon one that is pretty good. I've tried the others mentioned here but I like a higher protein low carb bar like think thin that has just the right amount of calories for me too.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member

Just mean......

Thanks for the research @Tacklewasher.
    I can see I will be bringing back a couple of boxes of the mars bars when I go to the UK next month, if I can find them.

I wonder if they deep fry well.

Cheers, h.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Just mean......

I can see I will be bringing back a couple of boxes of the mars bars when I go to the UK next month, if I can find them.

Cheers, h.

Send me some as payment for the work I did......
  • middlehaitch

Just mean......

Cheers, h.

Send me some as payment for the work I did......

I was thinking of doing just that if I manage to find them. h.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Because if there are I'd really like to know

My goodness there are tons of them. Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel is out of this world. All of the Zone Perfect ones are yummy, as are the Special K. What ones have you tried?

I will pretty much only eat Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel after trying just about everything else and gagging. I hear it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it just gooey goodness that does actually taste pretty darn close to a candy bar.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member

My goodness there are tons of them. Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel is out of this world. All of the Zone Perfect ones are yummy, as are the Special K. What ones have you tried?

I will pretty much only eat Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel after trying just about everything else and gagging. I hear it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it just gooey goodness that does actually taste pretty darn close to a candy bar.

I'm going to keep an eye out for this one since a couple people mentioned it. thanks!
  • ehaleyhoward2778
    ehaleyhoward2778 Posts: 49 Member
    Powercruch bars, cliff bars, and Syntha-6 bars
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited April 2017
    I just stocked up on Luna bars yesterday they had a sale yesterday at my local grocery store. I picked up salted caramel (12 grams of protein), chocolate dipped coconut (8 grams of protein), and white chocolate macadamia (8 grams protein) . They have 12 grams of protein. They taste pretty good at least to me :smile: I also like the Larabars I think they're called pretty great!! Special K protein bars are pretty great as well.
  • beachgirl11
    beachgirl11 Posts: 1 Member
    I stumbled upon the NuGo Slim Brownie Crunch at Vitacost last year and really like them. Low sugar(it's cane sugar) and no malitol - two musts for me. They are very filling and tasty. I see they also have other flavors on their direct NuGo site. :)
  • KrysBix10
    KrysBix10 Posts: 4 Member
    Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch

Definitely these! All the flavors are really good!
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Nature valley- protein bars!! SO GOOD
  • middlehaitch

I like the chewy chocolate chip version of the Pure Protein bar the best- needs no warming and has a good chew too.
    (I get the mixed box from Costco.)

Cheers, h.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The only Clif bar out at the local grocer's was the peppermint. :(