What did you dream about last night?

Options

Replies

• serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It involved a castle, Hugo Weaving, and trying to save people from a dragon that seemed to possess the powers of Martian Manhunter. And then something about laundry, but it's already fading away....
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    In! I try to practice lucid dreaming...and when it works, it's awesome! Flying around. You can't beat it with a stick.

No luck last night, though. I went to bed sort of late.

It only works for me maybe 4-5 times a year but it's an amazing altered state that I highly recommend you attain one day.

Iv had this about maybe 4-5 times and it was amazing! Even when I'm awake I can re call the feeling actually makes you believe you are capable of flying lol

Edit to add; how do you actually 'practice' lucid dreaming? All I did was fall asleep and the dream happened

Yeah, it's really cool. When I lucid dream...I have the sensation of touch.

I've also had lucid nightmares...which are extremely bad (meeting the Devil for example)...but most of the time it's just amazing.

I understand how many people probably interpret that experience in a religious way or mystical way. Your mind is doing all kinds of interesting things even while you're asleep...for certain!
  • SoulRadiation
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Regarding "practice"...there's a couple of different ways. It's sort of like meditating I guess you would call it. You can lay on your bed and relax. Then imagine there is a rope which goes through your body. Pull on the rope.

Sometimes...it works!

You pulled yourself up. Then, it's a whole new world. You can do whatever you want. You'll feel, hear, touch...I'm not actually 100% about tasting...I don't think I've tried that.

There are a number of tutorials online about lucid dreaming. You can try it when you are first going to sleep. You can try it if you wake up from sleep and return to sleep. IMO, "astral projection" is lucid dreaming...it's an altered state of consciousness. You're not actually leaving your body...you're not going to discover any impossible knowledge...but, it's really fun, and it does happen.

I think this experience is how people probably meet angels and aliens and so on...it feels very real. As real as it gets.

So, if you go become a psychonaut...just keep in mind your "youtube teachers" could have 100% valid techniques for helping you induce this experience...but they might personally be very confused about what is happening when it occurs so they have a particular...well, whatever you call being weird on the internet is.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I sometimes have several dreams in one night, if I manage to remember them all

In one of them my boyfriend had convinced me that he was no longer smoking - he barely smokes - but for some reason he was convincing me he was no longer smoking. I lived next door to him for some reason and then I spotted him from my kitchen outside his house smoking and we got in a huge argument about it. Woke up and thought he was in a bad mood with me all because we had an argument in my dream that never even happened.

Then one I had after that my older brother promised to drive me to a funeral - he doesn't drive, neither of us drive - and we ended up in this sort of run down town that didn't look anything like ours and I wanted to go into a Boots shop for some reason and then my nan ended up doing my makeup.
  • serenityfrye
    Options
    It involved a castle, Hugo Weaving, and trying to save people from a dragon that seemed to possess the powers of Martian Manhunter. And then something about laundry, but it's already fading away....

now i want a movie based on that premise.

If I could write down my dreams as soon as I woke up I'd have a career in Hollywood...
  • SoulRadiation
    Options

If I could write down my dreams as soon as I woke up I'd have a career in Hollywood...

I've actually completed program algorithms in dreams.

Don't sell it short!
  • reichardtjessica
    reichardtjessica Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I only remember a few mins of my dream last night but I dreamt about my coworker.. Kinda weird since he's super annoying and gets on my nerves. Were both in committed relationships but I dreamt that we were friends with benefits.
  • serenityfrye
    Options

Don't sell it short!

I used to compose music in my sleep. I've always wondered if I could have captured it and listened later if it would have actually sounded as good as it did in the dream :tongue:
  • loveliveswithin
    loveliveswithin Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Insightful, Trump (an official or judgement authority) as a figure that drives your purpose for getting from place to place. One question, what's your purpose?
    Bathroom represents getting rid of waste, choosing between the two girls in your car? Perhaps a choice ahead?
    tjkita wrote: »
    Choosing between two girls in your car? Care to elaborate?

Whoa, WHOA!! Let's not read too much into this! First of all, I didn't dream I went to the bathroom...I actually went to the bathroom. My purpose was to sleep. Trump showing up in my dream is just another nightmare.

As far as the two girls in my car? I've always had large appetites...I hope at least one of them remembered to bring sangwiches...

So funny!!! What kind of sandwich? Meaty? Kidding.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    ryry77 wrote: »
    You!

Ha ha. I see your trying to hide something?
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    I was running from a bear. Got in a car. The bear crawled through the back window into the car. We made friends and drove around for awhile.

Bears represent a carnal nature, something beyond control. Good that you made peace.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I was trying to kill an intruder in my house. But my gun wouldn't work. The bullets were coming out of the barrel with no force. Just kind of falling out.

A defensive strategy sounds like it's not working. Time to try another avenue?
  • SoulRadiation
    Options
    I used to compose music in my sleep. I've always wondered if I could have captured it and listened later if it would have actually sounded as good as it did in the dream :tongue:

I don't keep one myself, but have you considered getting a "dream journal"? Something where you could write down your dreams immediately upon awakening?

I've read so many people recommend it in regards to "dream stuff" and lucid dreaming and whatever.

I will do "dream testing" though...that is, when I wake up, I will try to place a finger through my other palm.

If it works, then I'm in a lucid dream!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I was dreaming about this weird noise around the same time every day keeps disturbing my sleep. When I woke up, it was my alarm clock. :lol:
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    I only remember the dream I had for a brief 10 minutes after hitting my snooze button for the 3rd time this morning.

My dream was of me watering my indoor plants, only to see the pot was over flowing with water. I look up and see water was leaking from the 2nd floor. I go upstairs and a shower I never had before was leaking. My alarm woke me after that.

Water represents spirit. You about to have a terrential down pour? A break through beyond human awareness.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Naughty dream about my man. That never happens! :D

"No one wants to hear want you dreamt about, unless you dreamt about them."
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    Some of the worst moments of my day is when someone tries to tell me their dream from the previous night. But trying to read them topped it.

Poor you. Are you reluctant to say? We won't judge.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Insightful, Trump (an official or judgement authority) as a figure that drives your purpose for getting from place to place. One question, what's your purpose?
    Bathroom represents getting rid of waste, choosing between the two girls in your car? Perhaps a choice ahead?
    tjkita wrote: »
    Choosing between two girls in your car? Care to elaborate?

Whoa, WHOA!! Let's not read too much into this! First of all, I didn't dream I went to the bathroom...I actually went to the bathroom. My purpose was to sleep. Trump showing up in my dream is just another nightmare.

As far as the two girls in my car? I've always had large appetites...I hope at least one of them remembered to bring sangwiches...

So funny!!! What kind of sandwich? Meaty? Kidding.

Oh...the meatier, the better, and plenty of...condiments.

I didn't realize you (@lovelieswithin) were going to analyze our dreams. That's fun, I think.

Don't sell it short!

Last fall I was on Chantix to quit smoking, and I remembered my dreams really vividly. It didn't change the content or nature of my dreams as far as I could tell, but I recalled them in great detail on waking.