Ladies, would you let your boyfriend or husband go to the stripclub?

Options

Replies

• badgyaljilly
    badgyaljilly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Two years ago? Let it go.

Yeah I feel like I should, but the fact that right after he went there he went home to me and cuddled me after touching strippers. Gross

You don't even know if he went or not let alone if he touched them.

Don't hang this over the poor guy's head. To be dwelling on something he may or may not have done two years ago is not fair.

If it bothers you, talk now about what boundaries you expect regarding strip clubs so he can make his decision. Personally they don't bother me

Yeah I feel like I should, but the fact that right after he went there he went home to me and cuddled me after touching strippers. Gross

You don't even know if he went or not let alone if he touched them.

Don't hang this over the poor guy's head. To be dwelling on something he may or may not have done two years ago is not fair.

If it bothers you, talk now about what boundaries you expect regarding strip clubs so he can make his decision. Personally they don't bother me

I know he did LOL. I was jokingly saying I would take him to the lie detector test to prove it, and he freaked out. (I would never do it btw, im not that crazy)
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't need permission to do anything. He's not a child.

this.... its not a case of 'letting' him do anything...

you 'feel like' he went...? well either he did or didn't? do you actually know? and it was 2 years ago... that's a looooooooooooooong time to be holding a grudge!

He for sure went, he GPS it in his car, googled reviews on it and then came home super late smelling like alcohol. And when I asked him about it he got defensive.

And this was 2 years ago, right? Did you just now find out about it?

No I asked him 2 years ago when I found out. And till this day it still bothers me. Its obvious he went GPS, REVIEWS, SMELLING LIKE BEER.

Then you have bigger issues with trust and not the fact that he went to a strip club. Sounds like you may need some couples counseling
  • alltimeburrit0
    alltimeburrit0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Simply, 2 years ago - its in the past.
    Yes I'd 'let' mine go, no I wouldn't be the happiest about it but it's not as if I don't trust him not to cheat.
    However
    The lying is not okay with me. Do something I won't like, that's forgivable and 'okay', lie about it and that's not okay.
  • badgyaljilly
    Options
    Yes I'd 'let' mine go, no I wouldn't be the happiest about it but it's not as if I don't trust him not to cheat.
    However
    The lying is not okay with me. Do something I won't like, that's forgivable and 'okay', lie about it and that's not okay.

I know but I don't get why he can't just be honest with me that's what makes me pissed more than him actually going
  • alltimeburrit0
    Options
    If it still bothers you and are still effecting your life with him then I suggest explaining to him that the truth is very important and it's the lie that is really bothering you (which I think it is righg?) and tell him you know the truth you just want to hear the truth and that's what's important
  • badgyaljilly
    Options
    If it still bothers you and are still effecting your life with him then I suggest explaining to him that the truth is very important and it's the lie that is really bothering you (which I think it is righg?) and tell him you know the truth you just want to hear the truth and that's what's important

I told him so many times to be honest with me and he just says "no i didn't go" and then gets defensive and tries to avoid the question.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be that worried about it.

It was 2 years ago....has he given you a reason not to trust him otherwise? Maybe he didn't want to upset you that's why he didn't tell you.

If he had asked your permission to go would you have been ok with it?
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    perhaps I am lucky but my o/h has no interest in strip clubs.

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Let him? He doesn't need permission.
    If the question is if I would be okay with it, yes.
    I don't see what the issue is with it.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Girls, would you let your boyfriend or husband go to the strip club with his friends?

I feel like my boyfriend went 2 years ago and lied to me about going and I don't know how to feel about this.

Agreed
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    If it does sincerely still bother you, the only way to get over it is to talk to him about it. Not in an angry tone but in a way so that he feels that he can be truthful to you and that you do trust him. Just accusing him of it and being angry about it will only further divide the trust in the relationship.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Girls, would you let your boyfriend or husband go to the strip club with his friends?

I feel like my boyfriend went 2 years ago and lied to me about going and I don't know how to feel about this.

It was two years ago, he probably doesn't even remember. Men's memory spam is a week long. If that..
    Let it go.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

you 'feel like' he went...? well either he did or didn't? do you actually know? and it was 2 years ago... that's a looooooooooooooong time to be holding a grudge!

He for sure went, he GPS it in his car, googled reviews on it and then came home super late smelling like alcohol. And when I asked him about it he got defensive.

No I asked him 2 years ago when I found out. And till this day it still bothers me. Its obvious he went GPS, REVIEWS, SMELLING LIKE BEER.

Break up with him or get over it. But holding onto something so trivial for so long is not good for the relationship

Seems like this is a healthy relationship

Doesn't every relationship go through the lie detector phase?

Yes. Quickly followed by the yelp review search phase. Bliss

Don't forget the GPS tracker phase!
  • alltimeburrit0
    Options
    However

I know but I don't get why he can't just be honest with me that's what makes me pissed more than him actually going

I totally understand that, have you tried to tell him that? Tell him it's the lie that's the problem, not that he went!
  • badgyaljilly
    Options
    LOL so y'all ladies would give ZERO care if your man went to the strip club, got some dances, strippers grinding on his lap all night and then comming home to you?????
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options

Break up with him or get over it. But holding onto something so trivial for so long is not good for the relationship

Seems like this is a healthy relationship

Doesn't every relationship go through the lie detector phase?

Yes. Quickly followed by the yelp review search phase. Bliss

I wonder what kind of yelp rating he gave it.
This discussion has been closed.