WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Cheri, love the stand where you have your rulers. I always thought the wall between my sewing table was supposed to hold those things! I gave all my quilting things away to my sister's daughter when she started it up. She hand sews everything in her quilts since she doesn't have a quilt. She is trying to make quilts for all the kids in the family but she is starting with the newest ones being born. My teenage grandaughter hasn't got one yet, I doubt she knows she will be getting one. I made her one when she got her 'big girl' bed. I guess I need some how to tell her since her Mom would love to have that quilt. She made her Mom some quilted coasters for her coffee table but that is the only quilt she has made for her.

Karen, read your hidden spoiler. Such a shame people do that. Wonder what they would think if that was their animal.

Joyce, Indiana
  • jagbug2014
    jagbug2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbie! I found your group tonight and would like to share. I'm committing to 3 times per week at the gym an walking my dog 3- 4 nights a week. I'm currently on Weight Watchers, but I'd like to change over to MFP and drop WW. I'm tired of the Smart Points system.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Welcome, jag from another bug and WW convert. I love that MFP is free. You've found a great support group here.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    jagbug2014 wrote: »
    Hi Barbie! I found your group tonight and would like to share. I'm committing to 3 times per week at the gym an walking my dog 3- 4 nights a week. I'm currently on Weight Watchers, but I'd like to change over to MFP and drop WW. I'm tired of the Smart Points system.

:) Welcome. I am a dog walker. They entertain me a lot and keep me moving. I hope you'll come back every day and join in the conversation.

Barbie from drizzly NW Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well ladies we are home, and husband just has a small top of the head bandage. They shaved is little scalp "island" of hair, or they offered to wrap his head again. Husband said shave away!

Drove home, and I am bone tired. Came home at 3pm, dropped off husband, picked up laundry and headed to the laundromat. At 4:30pm I was home making beds, then filling husbands medicines. After I post this, its off to my next door neighbor and organize her pills. I am still trying to readjust my blood supply!! Haha!
    Take care my ladies!
    Becca
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been a strange day today as I didn't have to do anything. So I read my book for book club and cooked a nice dinner.
    Vickie -so good to hear from you.
    Jag - welcome. I also have Been doing WW but took some time off when I had a medical issue and then went on a three week cruise. Need to get back to tracking somewhere or other.
    My life is pretty boring right now so it's fun to read all your adventures.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: We are having a glorious sunshiney day. It is the first really nice day in ages. The forecast for tomorrow is rain. :ohwell:.

Becca: I'm glad your trip into Portland was smooth and easy. I hope things went very well for your DH. Our trip to the eye doctor today was for me. I have to buy new glasses & insurance doesn't pay for them. :grumble: :flowerforyou:

Dana in AR: My prayers go out for the community of Pochahontis. :flowerforyou:

TNToni: Sending good thoughts your way. :star:

Becca: YOur DH looks very good in a turban. I hope you get good news from the doctor. :heart:

Peach: I love the big picture of your Pom. What a charmer! :smiley:

Jagbug: Welcome to a great group! :star:

I had a busy day today and am a little bit pink from the sun. It reached 80 F today and was a glorious sunshiney day! The forecast says the same for tomorrow, but cloudy. It has been a while since the last sunny day and I've appreciated every moment of it today. I power-washed the upper deck, which is very small, and it took hours. The lower deck is much larger will need to wait for another occasion. I'm not sure whether I could take it on tomorrow even if the weather is good. I've got sore muscles nearly everywhere.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make the pictures smaller when I post them?

I just choose the medium or small options in Flickr.

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Karen in Virginia - On an interstate in the left-hand lane; they probably did not see them. It'd be horrible to know something happened and 'yes'; if it were my pet I would be upset. Even 'if' they saw them might have been going too fast to stop (on an interstate) which could prove deadly for all involved. Sad as it is; it is sort of like a 'deer', the worst thing you can do is to 'swerve' to keep from hitting them. Airbags and a softer hit vs. an immoveable object, such as a tree. That is one thing my DH and sons have drilled into my head so much that I think that maybe I would remember it. Deer will continue running and leaping and you might be dead or wish you were. My hairdresser's wife swerved to try to keep from hitting a deer one evening while following him home and deer ran out in front of her - she swerved (which is a normal reaction); hit a culvert, flipped over several time, crossed the other lane of traffic, hit another culvert, flipped over on the top and skidded several 100 feet into a oak tree. She lived; but, was just a 'shell' of the person who had been his life for close to 50 years. I felt so sorry for him, they only had each other. He passed away a couple of months ago, waiting for a lung transfer up at Emory in Atlanta. She is still in the nursing home down here. So a Guardian ad Litem will have to be appointed for her. I've hit a pet before, never saw him running between 2 cars; thankful it was not a child. Was not going over the speed limit. The people harassed me about paying several $1000s; and, when they made the mistake of calling me at work; they ended up talking to the attorneys from the company I worked for. In Georgia, for a large part of the Interstate system, there is a concrete barrier less than 10' from the left-hand lane of traffic - fast lane, passing lane. Sorry; but, that is my take on it. Gut-wrenching, yes; but, cruel? - it wasn't done 'on purpose'. It was probably just as gut-wrenching to them.

We've seen deer that have been 'hit' on the interstate; but, not killed. Call the State Patrol or 911 and it will be transferred to the nearest law official's department or Sheriff so they can come put it out of its misery and get it off the interstate so that it won't attract buzzards. Now, that is something that is a real danger. They don't move out of your way. Even on a country road, as soon as I 'see' them, I will blare my horn. Sometimes they only hop off a few feet from your car. Nasty, don't want to hit one. They will take the deer to a taxidermist to have the meat processed and donated to soup kitchens in the area.

Lenora
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Have read about half of the Handmaid's Tale and I am really enjoying it. I won't see the movie, but will probably watch the TV show.

I live in Northern Manitoba, Canada. Most of these people do not chew tobacco, but they do spit a lot, even the women. I think it is disgusting.

Hugs to Everyone.

Paula Y.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    pyanko7 wrote: »
    I live in Northern Manitoba, Canada.

I used to live in Southern Manitoba, Canada. :)

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Paula - Your spitting comments remind me of the old days in the Paris metro. The notice in the trains used to amuse me no end.
    "DEFENSE DE CRACHER" Forbidden to spit. I think my grandfather used to spit occasionally in the street (born 1892) , but I haven't seen it in ages.

I will get DH to ring up the Hove estate agent today. He's much better at those conversations. I'm pretty sure they will say we have come to the end of the line with the house. It's been over six months that they've been holding on for us. :s

Will take him up a cup of tea in a moment. He had a freezing cold day/evening at the cricket and came home early when it started to drizzle. Poor lamb. <3 Hampshire lost. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Leigh - Great NSV. Isn't it wonderful to run up the stairs without effort?

NYKaren - I think each job we have teaches us something.

Allie - Make sure you tell the attorney everything. Positive thoughts and prayers winging your way.

KJ - I have always eaten my eggs basted as well. I'm not sure why.

Karen in Virginia - Thank you for the Lily of the Valley photo.

Cheri - You picked some great rewards.

Carol - I work as an assistant manager in a Toy store.
    Your Pom is very cute.

Toni - You are a strong woman, sticking to your goals while waiting for that shoe to drop.

Lenora - The "breast shields" are exactly that to be used with breast pumps. It's against Health Canada regulations to take anything like that back. Besides - YUCK! who wants to buy those if the package has been opened?
    I remember the days of seeing how many we could pack in my friend's VW. Yup, I think that would be considered distracted driving. Lol

Went to see the psychologist today. He tells me to listen to my body as it is trying to tell me what to do. I know I need to get out before I give myself a stroke or heart attack. Now, the question is how to exit and which can be accomplished the easiest. The quest for a doctor because of mine taking a medical leave is getting exhausting and frustrating. The sister clinic which has a doctor taking patients won't allow me to go with her as my doctor will be back at some point in time (maybe). I have been a patient at my clinic since 1997 and I know that going forward I need a primary care doctor (they say there is no one to cover her patients). It was a long and heated discussion with the clinic manager. My daughter is going with me tomorrow and we are demanding that they come up with a plan for me. I don't care if there are "thousands of patients that find themselves in this situation" Really, is that comment useful in any way to me? I still do not know the results of my Xrays because so far there is no one to deliver the results. GRRR and Ugh and a bunch of bad words.

I picked up my little sweetie and took her to dance. She was very talkative on the way home. The daughters were in pre-school except Elsa who was in Kindergarten because she can make her own lunch. Harmony's "babies" live a rich and varied life. Tonight she was going to take Pumpkin out to see the sun set. She kindly explained that was when it wasn't daytime anymore but you could still see part of the sun and "it's absolutely bootiful" Also sometimes her kids need a pacifier so "they can calm themselves the heck down". Grandma learns a lot every time we have these conversations.

Larry took care of supper. By that I mean he took me out for late pizza. We will eat something healthier tomorrow.

Feeling exhausted, frustrated and a little bitter.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    re onederland (insert dancing line of emojis here). That is terrific! If I remember the last time you went to your folks you did great with all the swimming--you've got this!!

I am trying to pack food for my road trip so I don't eat my trigger foods. So my cooler will have great foods that help with that--protein like eggs and nuts, bananas which always suppresses
    My wanting to eat. I'm even gonna use a thermos for coffe so I won't have to go near the food stalls, just gonna stretch my legs. My 6-hour drive is Friday after work so I've go time to make a plan!!

Strategy is stronger than will power and not punishing my body when I'm stressed or sad is a better choice that I'm learning to make. Sometimes I need to remind myself of this over and over again when tested!

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    RE - gratz on the April loss I'm still bouncing up and down couple pounds on then off grr

NYKAREN - sounds like you have a good plan

SHARON- hope something gets sorted re your doctor

PaulaY - read the Handmaids Tale years ago prob should read it again will see if it's on Kindle

Been to Doc this morning I have to be referred for further investigation as I have gall stones stuck in bile duct. Think it means camera down the throat uggh I can't even hold a pin in my mouth (when sewing) without balking

Second day back at the gym hooray

Kate UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Yikes I had nightmares and was tossing all night..and my voice is about gone.. I think from pollen...going to get Taliah on bus, then see my DFIL, and going to pay off my loan at bank and fill a script.. going to be rainy and chilly for the next week.grrrrr