WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ignore the price, I am gonna do it myself!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    But my black 1957 rotary phone is the cutest thing! Its ring makes ya jump outta bed!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,227 Member
    Options
    But my black 1957 rotary phone is the cutest thing! Its ring makes ya jump outta bed!

You've staged that photo nicely with the retro TV guide too. :)

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I'm so sorry that you've lost your cleaner, and sorry that she lost her father. I'm glad that she and her mom have one another right now. We lost our cleaner several months ago when she had surgery. She has decided to cut back on cleaning, and is no longer available so our house is not as clean as it was. :cry: This is not an area of personal skill on my part. I'm learning bit by bit. :grumble:

Claudia in Seattle: I hope you enjoyed your yoga class. Yoga has helped me recover from a knee injury. The joint is still a bit wonky, but the muscles are stronger and I've learned to move differently in yoga so that my knee is doing a better job for me. Yoga has become an important part of taking care of my health and I'm happier because of it. I hope you'll come to love it and get similar benefits. :smiley:

Michele: I never considered offering my dog lettuce ribs. I usually eat them myself. I might see if he likes it and share a bit. Thanks for the idea. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Glaciers are not speedy but they are mighty. You and your DH are a shining example of what they can accomplish. :smiley:

Gloria: I'm happy to hear that your water damage was minimal. :heart:

Dana in AR: Your ring is gorgeous! :smile:

Barbie: We're considering getting an exercise bike. We've booted the recumbent back to the garage because it is so noisy. Can you give a bit of advice on finding something that will be quiet and durable?

Machka: I love the story of how you met your DH and eventually got together. Thanks for sharing! :heart:

Becca: That phone is a classic. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

DH and I put together our automatic drip watering system and got it started this afternoon. I went well, primarily because DH knows what to do. I went to a city planning commission meeting tonight and we looked at a subdivision proposal. It was an interesting meeting and I think we did a good job balancing the concerns and needs of everyone involved. All in all, this was an interesting day. :bigsmile;

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    The sun has come out today, blue sky is heavenly!

Toni: Congratulations on the weight loss!

Dana: I weigh in every morning (in the nude) and log it in the Happy Scale app. I log in MFP once a week on Wednesdays (or what I think is Wednesday). Your mother's ring is beautiful:

Becca: Love the photo with the umbrellas.

Heather: Sorry about your cleaner. When I retired, my cleaner decided it was time for her to stop as well. We have remained friends and now are occasional walking buddies. The house is definitely not as clean as it was, but is still reasonable. Once or twice a year, we have someone come in for a full day to do a deep cleaning. Being myopic and rarely wearing my glasses helps because I don't always see the dust. We don't have carpets, so cleaning the floor is relatively easy.

Meeting DH: We actually met in high school almost fifty years ago, but didn't date until after he had graduated. We've been married 43 years next week. We were lucky to grow in more or less the same direction and he continues to brighten my world after all these years. There are times when he aggravates me to pieces, but I certainly do the same to him, so it evens out.

Leigh in France
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Good early morning :s this time of year I just naturally wake up at 4 am and there's no turning off my brain and the punch list that is a part of my life these days. My kiddos have played beautifully at their concerts and I feel so proud of them <3 I resisted overeating during my most stressed out moments and the aftermath so good for me.

I am going to the gym today to stretch out and exercise before dd gets home from college and thinking about a nice meal to cook but don't have any ideas yet!

I am reminded that this time last year there was horrible work drama that I was dragged into and DD was in a mess over prom drama and here I am a year later---drama free--just busy busy. I will take that and be grateful and ok I am over the goal weight I hit back then, but not out of control-within that 5lbs- so let's call it maintenance.
    NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Slept well.. working 9:30-6 again today.. getting more nervous about friday am ... but will put it in Gods hands...
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all...

Toni - Congrats on the weight loss at TOPS!

Heather - sympathies on the lack of a cleaner at a time when you really need one. Perhaps there's an online service that might identify a cleaning team that could come out and help for a one-off cleaning to assist? Might be a bit expensive, but worth doing to keep the stresses low.

Well, my first full meeting day was long, informative, and put me in front of three of the biggest funders in the region--but I got to watch an expert at work. My boss is ahMAYzing. She was relaxed, charming, and watching her was an education in itself. I've got a lot to learn.

Collapsed on the couch after I got home, and my husband gently woke me and got me to move to the bedroom; slept nearly eight hours!

I will tell the story of my gastric bypass again someday, I swear... For those who come on asking, though--it is absolutely typical to gain some weight back. The stats show that most lose 75 percent of their excess weight, and then bounce back up 25 percent in the ensuing years. That's an average, of course. I'm above that stat line, and trying to get back to that. My surgery was 12 years ago now, and I've kept more than 100 pounds off.

Off to the races;
    Love y'all!
    Lisa in West Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Allie, big hugs sweetie, you'll feel better about everything after your meeting. Hang in there.
    Janetr okc
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    AA Michael is holding his lantern in front of you. He wants to know if you can SEE it? He says you've been feeling left out in the dark lately and he wants to encourage you that you are NOT alone. He asks you to focus your attention on your desires and be crystal clear about what outcome you want. Don't leave things to "fate" but with prayer and intention know that he, along with all of Heaven, is waiting to help you and light your path! <3 this is from a friend of mine who is a medium..sort of hits the nail on the head aye?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We married on a whim in 2008 on a lake in the Canadian Rockies

2825945651_e3c10fe907.jpg

I teared up looking at your wedding photos, Machka. So lovely and life-affirming. Thank you for posting.

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Gloria ~ I loved the Betsy McCall paper dolls. Looked forward to them every month.

Becca ~ The old phone reminds me so much of growing up. When I was little, we were on a party line and you could hear other folks conversations. My parents were very strict about calling long distance. Even when I was in college, I was supposed to make a collect call to my home and they would answer that I wasn't there (this was to let them know that I got back to college safely).

How I met my Husband: I met him while attending North Ga College in Dahlonega. Back then (60's) it was well known for the ROTC program and most of the males were cadets. My husband to be graduated and went away to Ft. Knox where he became a Tech Officer (training incoming servicemen). We got married right before my Senior year and I went to live with him in Kentucky. Went back to finish college later! 47 years ago. Many ups and downs but I think we know in our hearts that we were meant for each other.

Carol in GA