WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    38uvsvcmo1cc.jpg
    Isn't this a cheery place to sip some coffee!!
    Beccsa
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    yx3znqb8zgp2.jpg
    And this kitchen is just gorgeous!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,740 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Yvonne!

Someone (I think Kim) mentioned that Bolthouse Yogurt dressing was good. I bought the ranch and it is delicious.

PIP ~ Why are you pooped?

Sometimes working out catches up to me
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    becca those kitchen pics are dreamy! NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yvonne Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

Mary so sorry you have to struggle with Lyme's disease. I know I have to be diligent to keep them off me.

:heart: Margaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Margaret- thanks! The ticks are really bad up here too. I heard that there's something that you can put on your clothes to keep them off. I'll have to look that up again. Too nice to stay inside though right!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,897 Member
    Options
    Hi all: Had my yearly wellness visit with doctor on Tuesday and all tests came back good, BP, cholesterol, basic metabolism and my mammo was good too. She told me I could cut back to mammo every two years since there is no family history or personal history of cancer. Yay for good numbers!! Today I took my truck in for maintenance and oil change. This was a new place for me. The cost was less than expected and I found out they could service my horse trailer too. He told me the truck was in good shape and had been well maintained. That made me feel good. I have choir practice tonight.

Sarah - this is late but congratulations on reaching Onederland. I am sitting at 206 so hoping to reach it soon.

Dana - That is a gorgeous ring, very well done.

Meg - Belated happy birthday!

Yvonne and Sharon - Happy birthday to you both!

Becca - Love the pictures.

Allie - Love the message from your friend.

Mary - You have really been struggling with the Lyme's. Does the fasting help with inflammation?

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becc, is that your home? Gorgeous!

How I met my husband. I guess we could put our stories together and make quite a book. Well I flunked out of my spring semester class in nursing school, maternity, and decided I was not going to give up and took it again for the fall semester, or summer semester whichever they call it. So I finished up in November and started work the next week. The hospital I worked at had a first day general orientation day for all new employees. Well there was this nice looking guy that started the same day and was in that class with me. We didn't really say anything to each other, I was shy, but whenever I had to go down to the pharmacy for something, we did talk and kind of flirted. Well I February I saw him in the cafeteria and he didn't have a cashiers slip with him so I asked him what he was doing in line if he didn't eat anything. He said he was getting a package of gum. I told him I had a package upstairs and why didn't he come upstairs and get a piece. There was something that needed to be delivered to the pharmacy so I gave it to him and he said he would only take it if I gave him my phone number. We went out that night, he asked me out for the next night but I told him I had another date but our first kiss that night (yes, we did kiss on our first date and I'm glad we did) was so magical that I said I was going to tell the guy I didn't want to see him anymore. My Mom met him in March and told me that she could see we were deeply in love. He aksed me to marry him in April and we were married in September. So a whirlwind romance. Has it been a walk in the park????? No way but I do not regret it. This September we will have our 45th anniversary.

Well, off to choir practice. We are finishing up our special music for Mother's day where we have the children's, youth and adult choir all sing a special song together.

Joyce, sunny Indiana. Going to Lexington tomorrow to see my youngest grand daughter in her starring role as the Genie in Alladin Kids.
  • fanncy0626
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SueWA- its been over 2 years now. This is what fasting is supposed to do:
    http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-of-fasting-that-will-surprise-you.html

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sharon and Yvonne: Happy Birthday to you! :smiley:

Margaret and Mary: Sadly, my friend can’t make the trip to MN in June. :disappointed: She is now looking towards August. So keep fingers crossed.

Allie: Holding good thoughts for you this Friday morning. I agree with your friend. You are NOT alone.

KarenNY: No drama is the way to go, isn’t it? Yay for maintenance.

Lisa: I’ve been with Girl Scouts over 20 years and am still learning. :wink:

Machka: What a gorgeous setting for a wedding. I love the joyful look on both your faces. :heart:

Cheri: You the hubs make a darling couple.

Becca: I love how you recall the details of how you felt in the early days of your relationship with DH. Took me right back to my early ‘crush’ on my DH. :blush:

Heather: As always, you’ll be the “hostess with the Mostess.” Hope the OCD lady does a great job in your house.

Vicki: I pray you are surrounded by many warm hugs and sweet memories as you face your first Mother’s Day without her. :heartbreak:

Sue: Bravo for the good numbers, and finding a great mechanic. I’d call that a great week!

For second day in a row I’ve had a dull headache, scratchy throat and no energy. Skipped workouts, and today cut my day short at work. Allergies? Reaction to strong storms? Start of a bug? Don't know, but have decided it just needs to move out of my body so I can get back to routine. Have dropped 2.4 pounds since coming back from SFO. Yay!

You all stay well, okay? We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

May Resolutions
    :
    Prelog breakfast and 2 snacks every day
    Add 4 miles of walking to regular fitness routine
    Duolingo daily (Italian)
    Call one distant friend per week
    Practice Reiki daily
    Word for 2017: Attune
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Rori - August might work as well. Just let us know! We are planning to go to Chicago on the 19th and then into Wisconsin on the 23rd so if you're around those areas let me know! I'm sorry you're not feeling very well! Great job on the weight loss! You do really well with being on the road as often as you are.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I weighed in with my PJ shorties on with NO slippers or shoes and I lost 1.8 lbs. since last week. Woohoo!
    I didn’t do much today other than go grocery shopping. When I got back home I had a phone call to remind me of my Mammo-squeeze and Bone-density tests. It’s a good thing, because I didn’t remember at all. I had it in my phone but I guess I didn’t set the reminder correctly. I have to write myself up for that digression!

Lenora: I designed the ring with the help of a jeweler, Sarah, in Meridian, Idaho. I know that sounds strange since I live in Arkansas but my best friend used to work for Sarah when they both lived in Boise. Sarah and I conversed on the phone and text messaged with pictures and diagrams from her CAD program. Then she makes the wax casting from the computer generated design. I wish I could make jewelry like that! I make simple bead bracelets! She does fantastic work and has clients all over the US and the UK.

All: There might have been some mistake about “Mother’s” ring. In the US a Mother’s ring has stones in it that represents the children’s birth month. That is why I have amethyst and aquamarine around my diamond. I have 3 children, Feb., March and Dec.

Becca: I love the pictures of the kitchens! My kind of places! And the old rotary phone brings back memories for sure. 4-party lines and waiting until they were free to dial out. Wow! Now we all have our own phones. I have to shave my legs and pits! Even though I have fine blonde hair, I couldn’t stand the feel of it. I would be self-conscious I guess! -- You looked way too young to get married!

Machka: I love how you and your DH met and were married! That must have been scary to move to the opposite end of the earth! I met my husband in Austin, Texas, and we were 35 miles apart. I had moved from Grand Junction, Colorado, after my divorce and was staying with my mother until I found work and moved to Austin. Initially we met online but Bob asked me to marry him only 3 months after we met in person December 2003. I still had to fly back to Colorado for the final divorce in court. But once I left, I was a free woman! We were married in July 2004. We chose a funky Mexican restaurant that we were always at to be married in. They had a party room in the back and had 35 friends and family come. We had a good time with a band and sit down Mexican dinner all for about $1000. Menopause: I never was nauseous. I lived in the Palm Springs, Calif., area and it was hot anyway. The summers were unbearable!

Joyce: It sounds like you had a magical romance, and there’s a lot to be said about being married 45 years. Congratulations!

Heather: Sorry you lost your cleaning help. Maybe after the shock of losing her dad she’ll give you a call, or you could call her to see how she’s doing. You said your cleaning help was married? Is her husband moving in with her mother too? Maybe she’ll come back. I hope your party is a success! DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!!

Beth: Your college boy sounds like my kids. One time when I was a single mother, my oldest daughter pulled out a porterhouse steak and was cooking it up for a snack after high school! I had to sit her down and explain that was for the family dinners, not snacks!! With three kids at home in junior and high school I spent a lot of time cooking economical dinners. She’s had an eating problem early on… She’s going to have a gastric bypass in October. Maybe I was the problem?

I here thunder coming off from west. We are supposed to have another storm tomorrow. Maybe it’s coming early?

Have a good evening y’all,
    Dana in Arkansas

My mom, she's 88 but she won't talk to me. She use to live with us...
    aa1h3geyqp34.jpg

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Dana, what a cute picture of Dolly. Great teeth, btw.

MicheleNC, great that you found someone to paint the names on the tray. I’ve never made stuffed cabbage but I like the whole leaf so can’t see cutting out the rib.

Beth, good for you on not gaining while eating on the road.

Dana, I can’t imagine having bodies like those two girls at any age. Wow is all I can say.

Yvonne, thanks. My DD’s great dane mix is such a beautiful boy. I’ll get a picture sometime soon. He’s not as tall as I expected. He has been an inside dog with her, sleeping in her bed, etc, and here he has to stay outside with Maggie, our Black Lab mix. It is being an adjustment, to say the least. He is such a sweet boy, too.

Joyce, I hope you get to go somewhere more exciting than Bob Evans for Mother’s Day. You deserve it.

Katla, my DH prefers iceberg and I prefer Romaine also. I think it’s so cool that you can see the river from your house.

Heather, sorry to hear about your housecleaner. Is there not a service you can call for this time with company coming? (later) Glad to see you found someone and I hope this showing is “The One”.

MicheleNC, I must be weird. I like the ribs on cabbage and also on Romaine lettuce. What can I say? LOL

Lanette, that is interesting how you met your DH. I love hearing about all the different things that go on in everyone’s lives.

Dana, any time you have a question you don’t need to ask Google…..just ask us here. We love to give answers. But its good to know that NSV is known by Google. Your new/old ring is beautiful.

Sharon, Happy Birthday. I hope it was a good one. blowing-birthday-cake.gif

Lisa, glad you got to observe your boss. It always makes it easier to see someone else do it first as far as I’m concerned.

With my DD here I have fallen behind again. I’m just enjoying spending a lot of time with her. I do think of all of you and will confess that my eating has not been as good with her here. That will change soon.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Dana- sorry to hear that your mom will not talk to you. That is not abnormal at that age or stage in life. Mine was like that for two years and now she talks to me. She has no idea why she wasn't talking to me before and I don't care. I know it is because of some dementia.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, I don't have any advice about buying a recumbent exercise bike except what someone else already told you....get an expensive, high quality one. The one I have was inexpensive and a part broke almost immediately. The company sent a new part and that made it work for awhile, then something else went wrong. Now I can ride it at a single resistance but not change any of the settings and the computer that showed speed, distance, resistance, calories burned, etc. doesn't work at all.

:) I had a cleaner who worked for me at one time and I loved coming home to a clean house. Now that we have dogs, the logistics of having someone come and clean seems overwhelming. Besides, we don't have the money for it, so I haven't pursued the idea. One of my favorite stories about my mother is that when my sister graduated from high school, my mother went back to work so she could earn enough money to hire a house cleaner and also buy nice clothes to wear to work.

:) Jake has been getting more and more upset since the election. He seeks out things to read about all the things the President is doing that upset him. He is so prone to stress and it seems that he is seeking things to stress him out even more. Because of his many health problems, he is especially troubled about what might happen to his health insurance and that puts even more stress on his already damaged heart. He rebuffs anything I say to try to help him relax. And then, all stressed out about national events, he snaps at me for no reason.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    17,000 steps
    170 minutes walking Sasha and Bess
    166 minutes riding the exercise bike
    line dance class

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
    yoga-exercise-smiley-emoticon.gif
    The substitute for stress eating

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,740 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.56min. 13.7amph, 130mhr, 2.9mi = 107c
    apple watch- 97c
    day 18-Plyometrics exercises- 18min, 3sets of 10each, squats, burpees, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl toe touch single leg, 131mhr = 112c
    apple watch- 103c
    SPIN CLASS- 27min, 83ar, 89aw, 10-14g, 127ahr, 148mhr, 11.1mi = 239c
    apple watch- 244c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.23min, 13.2amph, 135mhr, 1.4mi = 70c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.05min, 12.1amph, 156mhr, 120ahr, 3mi = 151c
    apple iwatch- 125c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.53min, 9.38min mi, 130ahr, 149mhr, .5mi = 59c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.28min, 9.27min mi, 179mhr, .4mi= 67c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride puy sta 2 hm- 54min, 10.9amph, 153mhr, 130ahr, 9.8mi = 508c
    Apple Watch- 439c

total cal 1313
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbie so sorry to hear Jake is stressing out. <3
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sharon & Yvonne - Happy Birthday. It's my DH birthday also. Took him out for supper tonight and we will have a big birthday party on Saturday night, as his sister will be here.

Hugs to everyone!
    Paula Y
  • MyDailyPursuit
    MyDailyPursuit Posts: 29 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh my, how does everyone stay on top of the messages. LOL I am gone for a bit and return to find I am behind by 3 or 4 pages. You are all amazing!

Paula Y I am in SW Ontario.

I was surprised to read that more than a few of us met our DHs online, I did too, almost 20 yrs ago...

Edited to add...... Jenn from Canada