WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Garnettann ~ Welcome! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am back from the eye doctor. They've ordered a new lens for my glasses with less correction for the left eye & I'm taking eye drops for that eye. It still aches because I'm still wearing the new glasses with the lens that needs to be replaced. So far the eye drops help a little. :star:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Happy Friday. This week has flew by. I am working the 6-6 shift today and then this evening we are going out for supper with our Christensen motorcycle group. So saving calories for that. Been a very busy week and so looking forward to the weekend. We are going to Jessup, Iowa for our grandson's graduation. Leaving early Saturday and will come home on Monday.

Karen--Your mom was a very pretty lady thanks for sharing. Glad things with your partner and children is getting so much better.

Janetr--What little cuties and they sure are enjoying their cake.

Heather--great family picture, so nice you can get along for the children and grandchildren. I agree you look for relaxed and pretty.

Toni--I don't know what to say. How can the ones we love and are closest to can have a double life and we don't know. Been there and know that I have major trust problems because of it. Thanks for sharing and sending you hugs and prayers.

Penny--enjoyed the pictures thanks for sharing. I just love doing all the traveling with everyone's pictures. Feel I can see so much.

Becca--Very handsome young man. Glad he had fun.

Yvonne--I am so sorry about your mom. I know this Mother's day was hard for me being the first one since mom passed. I still find myself wanting to pickup the phone and call her. I remember those fish and how bad I wanted some.

Allie--So glad you were not hurt.

Meg--The mumps, I am so sorry.

Katie--Sending big HUGS!!!

Only to top of page 37, but out of time. Have a great weekend, Blessings, Vicki Grand Island,NE where the ducks are swimming down the streets.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    872540fobimqg333.gif
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    Wow, sunny here today all day and supposed to be sunny for several more days. DD is supposed to be home some time tomorrow, depends on when she can get a seat as she flies standby. DGD is staying with us for a few days as her dad is out of town. It has been a long time since I had to do all the running around getting kids to school and swim team, etc. Good food day today. I went to the YM and got in an hour of water exercise after dropping DGD off at school.

Meg - So sorry to hear about the mumps.

Katiebug - Hmmm, a speeding ticket and when you were trying to do a good deed too. You would think that would count.

Machka - Hope you get good results.

Mary - Awesome work, WTG.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hello ladies. I think summer has arrived. It has been in the 90's. Speaking of tornados. Several years ago we had a really bad tornado come threw. Of course it hit a trailer park, wiped it out then hopped several miles and totally took out a big church and part of a nice neighborhood. When the news gave us the location of the trailer park, it didn't dawn on me at all that it was just a couple of miles from Michelle's apartment. The trailer park was in one county and Michelle lives in our county and it didn't register. She has never let us forget that we didn't call to check on her.

Slept poorly last night. Lots of stress last night and that's all I could think about last night. It was after 5 that I finally went to sleep. I can't imagine how much work Barbie or Allie already had done by that time.

Sorry Penny. I guess I was putting thoughts from yours and Janet's posts in my post. As I said, stress. I know that there are some things I have no control over and I don't have control over another familys dynamics.

I tried to go to the Rescue place to check out a little kitten but they are open for business only on Mondays. They have a small staff and are doing all their rescue stuff the rest of the week. I hope this little kitten is at their weekly adoption event tomorrow at Pet Smart. I was planning on foster to adopt but they told Michelle that the kittens go so quick that kittens are adopted only. You can pre-adopt when the kittens are to young to leave the Momma. You can even visit and bond with the kitten before it is time to take home. Michelle says that she thinks Melody is easy going enough that she will accept another cat in the house.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.35min. 15.2amph, 133mhr, 2.9mi = 110c
    apple watch- 96c
    day 27-Plyometrics exercises- 8.46min, 3ets of 10each, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, 119ahr, 134mhr = 79c
    apple watch- 74c
    SPIN CLASS- 32min, 86ar, 93aw, 10-11g, 123ahr, 148mhr, 13.6mi = 263c
    apple watch- 281c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.15min, 13.5amph, 109ahr, 122mhr, 1.4mi = 61c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.49min, 11.5amph, 139mhr, 117ahr, 3mi = 140c
    apple iwatch- 110c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.02min, 9.42min mi., 137ahr, 172mhr, .5mi = 56c
    apple watch- 53c
    wahoo battery dead, only Apple Watch calorie tracking for last 2 stats
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.43min, 10.29min mi, 61c - windy
    bike ride Puy station 2 hm- 53min, 11amph, 9.8mi = 437c windy

total cal 1207
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Marcelyn, glad tornadoes don’t seem to like you. It sounds like some close calls.

Janetr, so glad you are all safe. Are there not a lot of storm shelters in that area? I remember as a child visiting an aunt in Arkansas and seeing their storm shelter. We never heard of such in south Texas.

Heather, I know having your house on the market that long can really get old. The nice thing is, you can change your mind sometime down the road and give it a go again. For now just enjoy the lack of stress on the whole thing.

NYKaren, you see more and more 10 year old cars on the road these days. And most of them are good for well over 100,000 miles. Cars have just gotten too expensive for people to replace as often as they used to. You can make a lot of repairs on a car and still not pay half of what a car payment would be. I guess the biggest thing to me is that mine is still reliable to start every time I get in it.

Penny, glad you are getting some relief from your back. I wish you continued healing.

Janetr/Kelly/Joyce….I was going to play your game with you but I couldn’t even remember who’s on first??? LOL

Garnetann, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often.

Kay, I agree that “Gosh you’ve lost a ton of weight” is not the most tactful way to acknowledge your transformation but I do hope you enjoyed the fact that they did notice and paid you a compliment. I also hope you enjoyed your mani/pedi.

Joyce, I hate that you are so stressed. Maybe a new kitten is what the doctor ordered. Please take care. (((Hugs)))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Today was DH’s birthday and he had a good one. I had a tiny piece of his cake and even that small piece wasn’t worth the calories. The humidity is back so I’m staying in most of the day. DD started her new job today and all went well. Tomorrow I go to the Moose lodge to help fold and stuff letters for a mailing to our 1500+ members. Then I’ll meet a friend for lunch there. They have a good salad so I won’t overdo.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    no special eating plan, i will usually have the same thing ALL the time or all week, the only time i might vary it up slightly is lunch time but i bring stuff from here to last the week. i still don't eat crap, or "tubs of ice cream". actually i don't remember the last time i ate it. i used to be heavy, my biggest was 198 back in the day, it was after my husband died. i used to be an aerobics instr, then i started taking care of him, then he passed and i was in a funk for awhile and i gained weight, depression will do it. i am in the "maintaining" mode and have been for years...i like what i eat, so i don't "diet" per say because after u get to your goal weight, what do you do, go back to eating the same crap? so what i eat is what i like for the rest of my life.

Ok, so I was teetering on the edge of this Whole30 thing and then read this ... which I am in complete agreement with ... so back to doing what makes sense. Thank you, Pip.

Beth near Buffalo

you're welcome :0)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    edited May 2017
    No cycling. No walking. But it is supposed to start raining heavily shortly so it's a good afternoon to stay in and work on homework.

Still in a bit of pain ... and surgery really seems to drain my energy.

I was planning to dye my hair this afternoon, but the idea of bending over a sink to rinse is not appealing at all.

Oh, and gotta love the post-surgery weight gain!! :anguished:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Joyce – My DDnL#1 posted my wreck and pictures of my car turned up on the driver’s side, with a white sheet draped over it (to cover me and protect me from them breaking glass to pull me out) and put on FB to ‘pray for her MnL’. I was ‘livid’; there are just some things that do NEED a phone call. When my sisters saw it; both of them got mad; oldest one said, ‘that wasn’t right; we should have been called’. Louis should have done so. At the time of the wreck he did not even ‘know it yet’. It was on FB before the ambulance started leaving the area; she was following them at record speed; and, the EMT, when we got out, railed her out for speeding. Said it would not have help anyone if she had gotten into a wreck trying to keep up. We’ve told her to NOT post anything about us on FB – ‘nothing’! He was probably even more ‘livid’ than I was.

Weather is really crazy today; flooding, snow in May, heat wave in several areas, storms, etc.

I’m trying NOT to go to our ER fund. Takes too long to build it back up.

Katiebug - Sometimes when you get a ‘ticket’, even ‘if’ you don’t really ‘think’ you deserve it; unless it is one that will put ‘points’ on your driving record, you are just better of ‘paying it’.

I was a ‘baby’ (6 months old, sickly) and they gave me ‘gamma goblin’ to keep me from having something (big red measles or chicken pox). The only thing I can remember my Mother saying about it was ‘they did NOT want me to get them’; but, if I did – I could not whine and say, ‘it itches’ … so it must have made me sleep a lot. I would have thought as a baby, I would be ‘screaming’.

Marcelyn – A close friend of mine lived in Mobile, AL as a child and their house was ‘hit’ by a tornado and she was trapped in her bed. When she worked for Bellsouth; whenever the weather got bad, she headed for the stairwell as her coworkers headed for the windows. One asked her ‘why’ and she told her ‘that IF she had ever seen or lived through the damage that one causes, she’d be finding a safe spot, too.

I got stopped twice in two weeks speeding by the same female cop. My boss ‘fixed’ my first one; but, when he saw that it was the same cop stopping me, he said to shut up and pay it and stop punching the lead in my foot for a while in the area.

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka: I hope you're feeling better every day and are back to your active life quickly. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Hi all,
    Up early, but we were asleep by 10.30. Early for us. :D

<3<3 Yesterday I went well over calories, but only a couple of hundred over gaining calories. (I eat to lose normally, even though I am at maintenance) The great thing was, through the help of this group over the years, that I did not just blow it in the evening and carry on eating and "drinking". That would have been a certainty a year or two ago! :o I just had the fishcake that I didn't have at lunch and an apple. o:) No more alcohol. o:) I will give myself a small smile for my alcohol chart as I had a glass too much at lunch (i.e. one more than I had planned for) , but I did not carry on in the evening. :D
    I ate what the others ate, but I gave myself half portions. :)

I'm still relishing not having to think about moving. Sigh of relief! I've had some lovely messages from my friends in the yoga group, who say they are delighted I'm staying. <3 Sometimes I catch myself thinking, "Oh, I must put that away and tidy up" and then I realise no one is going to see it!
    I've found a holiday apartment in Hove, just 15 minutes stroll from my son's, which looks really nice, so I might investigate when would be a good time to go down there. It has parking and is adjoining the owner's house. Or there are good deals on hotels in Brighton. It's nice to stay at their place and the grandchildren love it, but one night is enough all round! I never sleep that well and I do feel as if we are intruding a bit, though it's fine for once in a while. I haven't heard back at all from my DDIL so I hope she isn't feeling put out by our decision. I know she was very excited by the idea of our move. :'(

I can hear the birds singing away outside my windows. It is so brilliantly green and the rising sun is streaming in. Lucky us.

I've got a quiet patch for a bit, apart from a mammogram, so I hope to get back to my memoir. It's been sadly neglected recently. We will try to organise a decorator for the hall and landing and a bit of garden help now we are not paying out the huge moving costs. (There will be withdrawal expenses from the agent)

Sending out love to everyone who is under stress right now. So many of us. I send my very best hugs. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK in beautiful Hampshire xxxxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    im up with the birds so to speak, have been awake for 45 min or so got the dogs food out, gave them there pills, and put a load of laundry in... got a group text when I woke up that our regular Dr became a dad on Thursday and non of us knew.. he keeps to himself and never told us... a nice healthy girl Lexi 7lbs 7 0z...so happy for him.. we have never met his girlfriend either.'
    Today is granddaughters first communion so will go to that, have to pick up my dad and bring him to that and bring him home and then mow the lawn...