c25k - newbie runners

Options
I've just started the Couch 2 5 K programme and wondered if there were others who had recently started / thinking of starting who wanted to be friends and help motivate each other.

(I can't think of a way of making this sound less needy)

Replies

• jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I am on week 3...
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I started on Tuesday. Then my PT decided that Tuesday was leg day and made me do 310 reps on the leg press, so I have simply not been able to start day two, but am hoping to do so tomorrow.

I'm a rubbish runner, I can't keep going, so am hoping building it up works for me.
  • Miss_LGC
    Miss_LGC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm just about to start week 4! Feel free to add me
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    There is a C25K group here. I'm through it now but did ask questions of the group when I was in the middle of it.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Steve25k wrote: »
    Ouch, that seems pretty cruel.

Cruel to be kind :)
  • Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started the C25K program a couple weeks ago. We aren't following it exactly though, we figured out we need to do each week twice, otherwise we can't be successful. So we are on week 1 again. Moving to week 2 next week.
    Feel free to add me!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Just started back up yesterday. I first started at around Thanksgiving. Turns out asthma and cold air don't mix (derp). Now that it's warming up, I'm giving it another shot.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just started and I'm on week 2 day 2 (today, as long as it's not unreasonably cold) - feel free to add me
  • trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What is C25K?
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Couch to 5k. It's a running programme for newbie runners where you build up to a 5k run slowly. So week one you have a 5 min warm up walk, followed by 8 repetitions of a 1 min run and a 1.5 min walk, followed by a 5 min cool down work. As the weeks go on the running time increases, whilst the number of repetitions decreases.
  • rianneonamission
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I did my first day of week two today and found I slowed down significantly in order to keep going for the 90 secs. So yes, slow and steady wins the race!
  • raefost
    raefost Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Been thinking of starting this for a while. Can walk for ages but never manages to up the pace. Hoping having a Labrador pup will help me keep going!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    second day of week 2 today. Went ok. Got up to 8.5km/h on the treadmill. Sunday was first go at 90 second intervals outside. Tis mental how much longer that seems than a minute.
    I have to sing under my breath so I don't get stitch at the moment - hoping it helps me master this breathing malarky. :/
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I am starting it this week :smile: