Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    An Amazon flower!
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ladies could you all think positive prayers for my elderly neighbor? She arrived home today with numbness to one side, so an ambulance was called. I have walked her dog and will do it again before I go bed. I have fed her, and organized some bills for my neighbor. I hope everything goes smoothly!
    Becca
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janet Mia is a doll! NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right**
    hip getting better :0)
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 10.15min. 17.1amph, 153mhr, 2.9mi = 127c
    apple watch- 113c
    Plyometrics exercises- 3.50min, 1set of 10each, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to toe single leg touches, 127mhr = 34c
    apple watch- 31c
    SPIN CLASS- 15min, 95ar, 90aw, 9-10g, 7mi = didn't record-wahoo cal.
    apple watch- 151c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 1hr, 3min, 20esc, 13.3amph, 150mhr, 14mi = 514c
    apple watch- 572c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.52min, 9.37min mi. 94ahr, 180mhr- no, .5mi = 49c -
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.39min, 9.42min mi, 146mhr, .4mi = 61c
    apple watch- 70c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.09min, 8.7amph, 153mhr, 2.6mi (and chasing after the kids) = 226c
    apple watch- 174c

total cal 1229
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Good morning ladies!

Pip, the bus went all over/around Puyallup and that area ...probably drove by your house B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

I live in tacoma, not Puyallup :0)

This bus driver was something else. Are you north of 18? He went from I-5 to 18 then down 167, drove all around Puyallup, we ended up finally on Orting Kapowsin Hwy where that Old Goat Farm was. When we left the nursery, he eventually got onto Hwy 7 and headed back toward Tacoma, and we somehow got back on I-5. I swear we went through all kinds of little residential districts and whoop to do's, somehow through part of Fort Lewis! I saw military housing and thought about Becca, lol.

I'm not that familiar with that area anymore - used to take 18 all the time when we lived in Snoqualmie to avoid Seattle when heading south.

On another note, I'm going to look at a Miniature Schnauzer puppy tomorrow. That's right....just look.... taking the dog crate just in case I like it..... just in case.... B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

Kirby sais we are south of 18. I'm right off of the 1-5 exit by the tacoma mall
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Mary - I probably didn't use that much salt. I have a 16oz pkg, so I'll use that the next time I soak. A little extra can't hurt I wouldn't think. Then I'll just have to buy another small bag. I like to keep some for whenever I need it.

Heather - can you turn off the water to that sink? If it's the kitchen sink, then you can't. But if it's the bathroom sink, maybe you can

dana - cute picture

Meg - here's hoping for closer to 42

garnetann - thanks for that great "recipe". Please tell us, what did the chemist say was the reason it worked?

Lanette - sure you're just looking....sure

Got the fleece for the blankets that I'm making but have to keep it on top of my craft cabinet because the cats lay all over it and get their fur on it. I was putting one blanket away (I had it all cut and everything) and I fell off the sofa trying to get my craft tote down. Good thing I have lots of padding in the rear!!!!

Went to ceramics tonight, finished my dragonfly and it should be fired tomorrow so I can pick it up Monday. Started on this house number sign. Actually, I gave one gal money to get a mold but she couldn't get the whole thing so she gave me this house number frame. It's quite detailed.

Mia is so adorable

Paula Y - IF Lanette decides to get the puppy. Do you REALLY think it's an IF?????? Hope your hubby heals fast

Michele in NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Becca - sorry to hear about your neighbor! She is so lucky to have you to help her with her bills and her pets.

Love those Fuschia's! Didn't get any this year - want to look into hardy fuschia's when I get a chance. Those flowers are unbelievable.

Hope YOU are feeling better!

Pip
    , I'd say we were within 5 miles of your place several times. They fed us at the Mika Japanese Buffet. Wow, lots of sushi, salads, all kinds of tempura, fish dishes. I tried to control myself and eat a little bit of lots of things.

Janetr - Lordy that Mia is precious. We sure have had lots of ADORABLE babies these past few months! Love them - so good for our hearts to see them.

Lenora, I think you are right about the bleeding hearts - too hot for too long down south. I remember my grandma in Indiana had a nice bleeding heart bush that did OK. Out here they grow wild in places it seems. Do you have honeysuckle? Our huge huge vine is flowering now and should perfume the back yard all summer. I started it several years ago from a little branch I stole from my neighbor's vine..... I mean, I was just helping her prune it! When she wasn't looking. >:) Master Gardeners do that sometimes, unless there's a big ugly sign warning us not to. There are also native honeysuckle here that grow in the forest with orange flowers.

Well, rain is coming... perhaps thunderstorms. I expect Becca and Katla will be getting some rain very soon if it's not there already.

Sleep tight ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Janetr: Mia is a beauty!

Joyce: Hope you'll post a photo of Mr. Mozart. I understand the concern about his clawing you and Charlie, but just so you know, declawing a cat is the human equivalent of cutting off tip of fingers to the first knuckle. It can affect his litter box habits, as it can hurt to dig in coarse mediums. He is young enough to train to tolerate having his claws trimmed on a regular basis. Also, he you can redirect his pouncing on you by having frequent, appropriate, interactive play with feathers, strings and balls. He might be a tiny tike to you, but inside beats the heart of a little lion, and every game is a 'hunt'. Glad that Melody is accepting of his presence.

Mary: I'm so delighted to hear of your good experience with epsom salt baths. I'm a big advocate for natural remedies and food as medicine. Based on the last photo I saw of you, you don't need any more resculpting anywhere.

Becca: Will hold a good thought for your dear neighbor.

Allie: Sending energy, light and wisdom your way.

The .8 pounds I brought back from NYC is gone. However, I'm still 3 pounds over my lowest low. I remain forever optimistic I'll see that number on the scale again. Still working on June goals. Today is my DH's 73rd birthday, so I'm just being present with him, enjoying the basketball playoffs.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today after playing bride all day. Even won 2nd place!!
    Lenora- we live in a gated community with two golf courses. One we can play for free the other has a monthly charge. We just resigned from that one. BTW, I have a large fig tree that is loaded with figs. My problem is the birds eat them. I put a fake owl in the tree but the birds just sit on it's head. Do you have a good recipe for fig preserves?
    Janet - Mia is darling.
    Can't remember who is making the Texas trip but it is a BIG state. Lots to see in every city.
    Because- so sorry your neighbor is having medical issues. She is lucky to hav you as a neighbor. Is that tube flower in you garden? It is very interesting.
    Welcome to the new ladies. You will love thes ladies.
    SueBDew in TX

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr. Auto correct drives me crazy. I was speaking to Becca.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Well it'd 7:30 pm and the manager picked her up from the Astoria hospital at about 7 pm. Doctors never did find out what it was, but did many tests. Better safe than sorry. I tried to organize her kitchen just wipe down the counters, when she was at the hospital. I took her dog for a walk. I have never had a dog but I think we did OK. One of these days I need to get point of contact numbers from her if something serious happens God forbid. Also who Annabelle goes to if something happens. Subjects I do not wish to discuss, but needs to.

She seems OK tonight. Thank you for your good thoughts!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Felicia: I've always adored filberts AKA hazelnuts. :smiley:

Lanette: When you fall hopelessly in love with a pup we will want to see photos. :wink: I have several hardy fuchsias planted along my walkway. They survived the winter snow just fine. I even have one tropical survivor, with a number of new leaves close to the point where it comes out of the dirt. I don't know whether blooms will come along, but I'm amazed the plant is alive at all. :noway:

Mia in MI: Sounds like a tough day. I hope you're feeling better. :flowerforyou:

Janet OKC: I love the photo of baby Mia. What a lovely little face! :heart:

Becca: Your neighbor is in my prayers. I hope for the best. She is lucky to have you as a neighbor. :flowerforyou: ( I hope you are feeling better, too.)

Rori: Happy 73rd Birthday to your DH! :star:

Sue in TX: I don't like autocorrect, either. :grumble:

Yoga today was tough. I spent quite a bit of time in prayer position when things were too much for me. We have several different teachers and this one regularly asks for positions that are more challenging than I can handle. I lost a lot of conditioning when I missed classes due to weather & DH's medical appointments over the winter. I do the positions I can and use prayer position when the position she is asking for is too difficult.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Voting Day today here

Lovely babies and flowers, fuchsia are my favourites too, waiting for mine to bloom at the moment.

Been retired 7 years now and love it

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    Options
    Happy Thursday. Did anyone watch the Carl Reiner doc on folks living into their 90s? It was Called "if I'm not in the Obits, I eat breakfast". It was fantastic, a reminder to embrace life, movement, creative pursuits--fantastic!!!

Well two more challenging days of work, but I am going to remember how lucky I am as I navigate the choppy waters.

Becca your neighbor is lucky to have you, she's got some decisions ahead- does she have family to step up and help, I forgot if you mentioned that before?

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    well I didnt sleep well at all,I got maybe 4 hrs sleep all night..tossed and turned,im guessing because of what will happen today..it is foggy and cool here this morning... only in the 40's.. I am going to try and take this day an hour at a time, and go to bed early tonight..
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Another happily retired woman here. I knew it was the right decision for me the moment I stepped into the sunshine on my first day home! Just off heading to my naturopathe for another treatment for my eye pressure.

Hope everyone has lovely day!

Leigh in France
  • klanders30
    Options
    One step at a time Allie we're with you in spirit.