WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Rimmy - I drink tea when I get a craving for something sweet. There are lots of flavoured herbal teas that have no calories, no carbs, no fats. I don't use sugar or milk. It works for me.

Allie - stay strong and stay safe.

Hugs everyone. Takes care of yourselves. My darling little dog is barking his fool head off cause he wants to go outside.

Paula Y.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Alison - so very very proud of you! You go girl

Jess called. She has a mass on her uterus. She went to the MD today and they want to take the mass out. Guess the good news is that she won't lose her uterus. I know she was concerned about that. But...she needs someone to drive her home from the hosp. Guess it looks like "mom to the rescue".

Went to ACMoore tonight. Before someone has been able to help me with the crocheting. but the lady who helped me the most left. When I got there I got a lot of "I can't help you". It seems more like a coffee klatch. I really need someone to help me. I was getting really frustrated with one lady who was "helping" me. I must have corrected her two or three times. Then she was telling me to do something that I knew was wrong. I just got so frustrated, I left. I did it my way and I'm going to ask someone else to look at it. Something just doesn't look right, but I can't put my finger on it.

Lenora - we're members at Sam's. I very seldom buy food there. However, we have a membership mainly so that we can get the discount on the gas. In the end, the amount we save offsets the membership fee.

Tracy - welcome!

dana - your meals rival Becca's

Volunteered at the Green Room then figured I'd stop at this one grocery store that's going out of business. Honestly, I didn't expect much. However, when I went in, most of the frozen foods were 50% off, some things were 75% off. Others were only 40% off (those I didn't even look at). I did buy things, spent something like $148 but saved something like $254.

Kerry - welcome to a great group of ladies. There are quite a few gals on here who have had WLS so you'll get lots of support and advice

Becca - Prudence sure is lucky to have you. Hope I have someone as great as you when I'm her age

Lanette - of course you couldn't resist...who could???? Rosie is adorable.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    **wahoo hrm not recording right**
    hip getting better :0)
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.56min. 14.7amph, 131mhr, 2.9mi = 100c
    apple watch- 106c
    Plyometrics exercises- 16.24min, 3set of 10each, burpees, single leg toe touches, push-ups, hamstring leglifts, crunches, sit-ups, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, 126mhr = 91c
    apple watch- 99c
    0 runner- 20.44min, 10.22min mi, 4-5incl, 36avlength, 12avheight, 114avcadence, 114mhr wrong, 2mi= 105c, wrong
    apple watch- 141c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.15min, 13.5amph, 141mhr, 1.4mi = 71c
    apple watch- 47c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.35min, 10.36min mi. 179mhr- no, .5mi = 80c don't think so
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sta- 3.53min, 8.25min mi, 179mhr, windy!, .4mi
    = 88capple watch- 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.04min, 9.2amph, 162mhr, 2.6mi, 10mph winds!!, 2.6mi =196c
    apple watch- 153c

total cal 744
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Michele- sorry to hear about Jess. You're an awesome Mom!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Lanette, he/is precious. You aren't going to have a good nights sleep for awhile. How did we know you would be bringing some one home in that crate that you took in your car 'just in case'.

Allie, big hugs to you. I think your anger has made you stronger and has helped fuel you to this point. I hope you have somewhere safe to go tomorrow.

Well this improve daily here with my two felines. I have wanted to post a picture once I have a good one of the two together. I'll have to look for one of just him.

You may remember about two weeks ago that my sisters son's wife had a heart attack. She is 41 years old and has had diabetes since a young girl and didn't take care of herself very well. She just programmed her insulin pump to give herself more insulin. She had her cardiac cath last week and had some kidney problems but was expected to go home Monday. Or was that Tuesday? Anyway, the kidney function continued to deteriorate and had to have an e regency dialysis and might go home yesterday. Then she had to have another one today. Please, anyone with diabetes, take care of yourself.

Joyce, Indiana
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

I just sat down to read posts but checked my email first. I had some sad news that a dear friend of 47 years passed away this morning. She was my next door neighbor in Milwaukee when we lived there years ago and we have kept in touch over the years. She has had a 9 year battle with cancer. It makes me very sad and I can’t even read posts right now but wanted to share with you as my dear friends. I’ll try to catch up tomorrow.

DJ :'(
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2017
    Janet #1 - Biggest big ((( hugs))) ever. <3<3<3

Janet #2
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Hello ladies: Welcome to the newbies, keep coming back. My dog is going nuts because we have two young deer out in our riding arena. She is running from one part of the house to another looking out the windows and barking.

I hate scans especially when they find something extra that is unrelated. I had a routine chest CT scan to assess where I am with the sarcoidosis and they found my aorta is enlarged. Talked to my primary and she says it is probably nothing to worry about, it frequently happens with age, but it is possible it can get larger and become an aneurysm. Yuck! Don't know whether to go to a cardiologist or not. Primary said she will refer me if I want. Pulmonary says he thinks sarcoidosis is active again and wants me to come in and discuss a plan. He wants me to go on methotrexate and I really don't want to. I stress out about having to make decisions like these.

Lanette - Rosie is a cutie. Congratulations.

Joyce - Glad the two kitties are getting along.

Michele - It is awesome you are able to help DD. If we lived close I would love to try to help you with your crochet. Sorry you are having problems.

Heather - Love that view.

Becca - Prudence is one lucky woman to have you as her friend.

Take care all, Sue in WA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Sue in WA - Hugs and prayers for a good out come and making the best decision for your health. <3

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Lanette: Your new pup is a cutie. I hope you get a good night's rest. :wink:

Michelle: I'm glad Jess won't lose her uterus. That is great news. She is lucky she has you to help her. :heart:

Sue in WA: Time to decide which MD to give your trust to, and follow their advice. I hope everything turns out well. It looks like you have a bit to do to get a good diagnosis and plan of action. I'll be sending good thoughts your way. :heart:

I went to the stable, worked with Arrow and ended up with a black and blue middle finger. I've been icing it and the color is now reddish purple rather than plain black, which is an improvement. I wonder what it will look like in the morning. Ice has been helping. I'm planning to take aspirin and head to bed.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Louise in Vegas – Don’t beat yourself up about gaining, personally I don’t weigh myself except at weigh-in every 2 weeks. I know my weight is going to vary. A lot depending on how much or little I exercise, eat, and/or drink. A Bloody Mary or Margarita the weekend before I weight isn’t a good idea and I know it, so I do it the weekend after weigh-in. I also go to be weighed at the same time and I wear as little as I can get by with and take off all jewelry except for my Medic Alert bracelet (which someone else has to take off me). I usually get in 12 – 14 cups of liquid during the day. Some days I just cannot force that much into my body; other days it seems like it isn’t enough.
    Join in, because you never know when just one sentence will hit you between the eyes; like ‘oh, I never thought of that before … I know that I have read a lot of great encouragement, watched babies and fur babies grow. Seen flowers and landscapes that are very different from where I live. Using “I’s” doesn’t matter, we have all used them, some a lot more than others; but, that is ‘ok’ as well. We’re not here to judge you, listening and encouraging is what we try to do here.

For Allie – Vengeance isn’t yours to get; let God (and maybe even Karma) handle that. Make sure that you are somewhere ‘safe’ when T get served. I know when Trey got custody of Taylor, there was a notation on the ‘service copy’ for the Sheriff NOT to serve Taylor’s mother until Trey called and said they had her in their physical custody. She went ‘ballistic’. Basically, because she knew there was nothing she could do to stop it. They had temporary custody of her once she got served. They had even 'held' their breath while they went to TN for Spring Break during the prior week. If she had known what was about to occur, she might not have come back to GA.

Taylor was 14 and old enough to choose where she wanted to live. Jenn was an ‘excellent’ step-mother to her and Taylor loves her as if she is her mother. But, she hasn’t completely ‘locked’ the door on her mother; and, can get very touchy if Jenn says something about her mother. Egg Donor or incubator as she calls her. She’s lost all 3 of her children to their respective Daddies and hasn’t even attempted to do what she had been ordered to do when she lost the youngest one. Get your ‘fair’ share and move on and say that you ‘know you have done the right thing’. You are not alone, you have a huge group of women here that will talk it out with you. You go, girl!

Kerry – I also have epilepsy. I used to be told that I have a ‘seizure disorder’ but the new Neurologist I have had to go to is very blunt and when I asked him about it, he said, ‘yes, you have epilepsy'. For the most part Dilantin and Lamictal keeps my seizures at bay.

Joyce – Sorry to hear about your sister’s son’s wife. She’s too young to have that sort of health issues; but, some people don’t take care of themselves when they get the diagnosis of diabetes.

DJ – Sorry to hear of your friend’s passing. I think it just sometimes makes us think of our own mortality. But, from the day we are born, we are dying. Unfortunately, some at a much earlier age than others. I’m still reeling from the news of the suicide of a much loved friend from home. From the scuttlebutt; I heard that he called 911 before shooting himself. I think he wanted them to come find him before his wife could get to him.

They called her and she called his sister. But, also heard that he might have maybe gotten some information about his health, too.

Becca - I’m happy to hear that someone other than myself gets involved in something else while cooking. I cooked a ‘big’ pot of 15-bean soup; it was doing great; then, I got involved doing something and then when I went to stir it, realized it was burning and sticking to the bottom of the pot. When I tasted it, after stirring it, it tasted burnt. OMGoodness, I was so upset; because 15 minutes earlier it was tasting good.

I’m getting my porch finished … I hope. I just hope that Louis didn’t get Tyler’s Dad to come over to see what needed to be done, just to placate me. I won’t be happy about that.

I gather from what you’ve said (or not) that Prudence (a fitting name for an independent woman) doesn’t have family in the area. She really needs to try to get into an Assisted Living Facility or into a one floor condo where she won’t fall (or fall down the stairs) and have someone who can ‘check’ on her daily. I know that you are a big hearted woman; but, you also need to realize that she isn’t your responsibility; but, I do understand how, as a concerned neighbor, you probably feel. That is a difficult strand of thread to hang on to. I know that I would not want to have to make that decision and glad that my oldest sister was the one who took control over our mother’s situation because she lived the closest to her. My grandmother (Mimi) was about that age when she packed up and moved from Marietta down to where my parents lived. She made this decision when a friend of hers was mugged in her drive-way and all she could do was watch it, she had already gone inside and was watching for her to get in her car. She left her friends, her church, the home she had lived in for nearly 70 years and made a ‘new start’. Very independent. She walked everywhere. She’d walk even when people would stop and offer a ride, she was in good shape when she died in her early 90’s.

Lanette – Your ‘new’ baby is so cute!

Michele – I hope everything works out for Jess. Yeah, Mom to the rescue – she will need you, for sure.

Jenn and Trey buy meat there (when they aren’t eating venison). They say it is wonderful and what I have eaten, I would agree. I’ve gone with her and it looks good. Nice cuts and good prices if you are willing to buy that much at a time and cut it up for the freezer.

I’ve bought some ‘meals’ to eat during the middle of the day; because that is when Louis eats his big meal. Tonight I ate ½ of a sub sandwich I got at the grocery store.

Pip – I think you must be ‘hyper-active’ … you are ALWAYS on the move.

We’ve had a 3-month old baby die in Albany and the news surrounding it makes me think it might be a case of SIDS. My youngest son, might have been one; but, before I turned around to change his diaper to put him to bed, he had what the Pediatrician said was an akinetic seizure. He would usually scamper across the bed and down on the floor to get away from me; but, when I turned around he was in the same position I had laid him down in and his lips were turning blue. EMTs came; could not find anything wrong, we took him to ER; but, our Pediatrician was not ‘on call’ and they would not call the one who was unless they had admitted him. I was told to take him ‘home and watch him’. I sat in a chair by his bed with my hand on his back and fell asleep with my head on the rails. Louis came in and took over and as soon as I thought someone would be at the office I called and went to his office dressed in my gown and robe, he wanted to see him “NOW!” He’s given us a few scares as a baby; and, finally outgrew his seizures by the time he was 7. I had febrile seizures as a child as well. They determined that he had had a reaction to the 1st MMR vaccine he got; so he couldn’t get the 2nd one before going off to college. He had to write a letter for him to be able to go to college without getting it. So, I hope there isn’t an outbreak since so many people don’t get their kids vaccinated much because they think it causes Autism. I just pray that neither of my sons have the same sort of issues that I’ve had as an adult.

Lenora
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    I posted yesterday but can't find it now. Disappeared into thin air.

Allie - So proud of you! You can do this!

Lanette - Rosie is very cute. Congratulations on your new fur baby.

Michele - Jess is going to need her Mama.

DJ - I am so sorry for your loss.

I posted last night but I don't know what wrong because it has disappeared.

Goals
    Eat less, move more.
    Log faithfully
    Get back on track with learning Italiano
    Do something that make ME happy every day.
    Declutter my desk/office.

-Sharon in stormy Lethbridge.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    dj so sad to hear of your friends passing (((( <3 )))))

Today there is a goodbye concert for my friend of 18! Years. Bittersweet event for me, i will get through it, I am happy for her, but sad (jealous perhaps) that I won't have her as a day to day colleague.

Food choices going well, going to have meal plan and exercise this weekend.
    TGIF!!!! A chance to catch my breath.

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Good morning ladies
    Rang my Travel Insurance Co yesterday prior to trip next week and they said until I hear from hospital re operation and am not on any medication then I'm ok. Wooh I expected to pay extra for cover.

LANETTE Rosie is gorgeous how could you resist

BECCA You are a wonderful neighbour but you are not responsible for her and need to look after yourself too

DJ sorry to hear about your friend so sad

ALLIE You are strong you can do this

This morning we have election results Hung Parliament so chaos reigns (sorry politics slap my wrist)

Going to do 45 min Leslie Sansone vid and some squats and KB workout

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    edited June 2017
    Good Morning,
    was emotionally exsausted yesterday afternoon.. and he comes in and starts in that he was blind sided and why couldnt we talk about this and instead of lawyers talk this out its only going to cost both of us alot of money..
    he doesnt want to get served at work Sharon(his first wife and my dear friend) guess did that to him to , said it would be to embarrassing. I am having him served at work, but at his car when he gets out.. now I spoke with lawyers assistant and some companies dont allow that so he might be served here. they did a drive by yesterday so they know which car etc.. they are looking for..
    He came in this morning and asked what I was going to do.. meaning one have him served and 2 if I will postpone the lawyer thing and go to mediation... and Nope to both said he will need to go to Florida in the next few months to get the title to the Camaro and sell it, I told him your the one who bought it, he says he has no money .. cant afford it... ohhhh well..
    I will be taking my laptop, Ipad and lockbox with me, and stash the lockbox up at my brother and sister in laws.. and will just keep the laptop with me..
    Now I did tell him yesterday this whole thing with the woman at work ,he said ohhh there is nothing going on, i just told him im tired and i am done.. took all my might to not say anything about the flowers, and concert and stuff.. so that is it today.. I am sure he will be more ticked off today as he will get served..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Stay strong Allie we are with you in spirit every step you take. Stay strong, you can do this.

Dropped a little more weight due to being so busy this week! I didn't even think about it, but adding water (--64 oz) to my day is making a difference --or it could be the added steps I take back and forth to the bathroom!!

I would like to do something rewarding and meaningful to mark the end of this school year and my reaching maintenance. Something that doesn't cost money--and I think it will take me a little while to figure out what that will be.

One thing I know about maintenance is, I can't let my guard down about accountability to logging CICO, that is what makes the difference (Heather and Barbie know this and have written about it clearly. So that is the model and I inspiration I will follow.

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    OK one political mention - hung parliament. Total chaos. Everything up in the air. I am hopeful. :D

Allie - You have done so well, but don't talk to him. <3

Sue - So sorry to hear about the health choices you have to make. :flowerforyou:

Today I watched one of the foals get up in the morning. It's legs wobbled and it decided it was much too early and went back to sleep. The mothers were patiently standing over them. <3

I woke up really early because I was keen to hear the election results. Then DH and I had a silly disagreement over politics. We do actually vote the same way. Then we exercised and a man came to give another quote about the garden work. I quite liked him and he is a bigger company. Seemed to know what he is doing. :D He's going to email a quote.

Last night I tried to book the apartment I liked in Hove for the first week in October. Unfortunately it was through airb&b and the registration process involves photographing photo I D. I wasn't really happy with that, nor sending a photo and linking to Facebook, so after I had registered I had second thoughts and cancelled my registration. DH was very suspicious of the process and of the cancellation policy. He didn't like it at all, so I felt better cancelling it. I found another, bigger apartment through TripAdvisor which is more expensive, but has two bedrooms and a comfortable sofa. For a week's stay I think that is better. So I've booked it. If we cancel we will lose the deposit, but the apartments seem to get very booked up well in advance. The owner gives a permit for free street parking. Should be fun and will stand in for our birthday holiday that we take every year.

Must get back to my memoir. :sad: Too much excitement!

Love Heather in the confused UK XXXXXXX