WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Lanette I'm feeling much better today. My nose is still stuffy but at least I feel like doing something! My DH took me out to have Mexican food which was delicious! I even indulged in a Corona beer with lime!!
    Thanks for asking!!
    Your doggie is cute!!

Michelle Thank you! I love to take pictures! I have foodie pictures way back!
    I was going to take a picture of my burrito and enchilada tonight but it bugs my DH!!

Good evening, I need to catch up with y'all!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Tonight we watched the movie, "Hidden Figures"; based on a true story (I love that kind of movie). It was WONDERFUL! Outstanding; the other night we watched "Sully" ... another wonderful movie based on a true story. I would recommend both of them to anyone who has not seen them. Loving the babies and fur babies, praying for those hurting - physically or otherwise. Proud of those who have reached their goals or done the 'unexpected'. Behind any of you who have made much progress; it will turn around ... it gets better (or so I have been told; so I believe it). <3<3<3

Lenora
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited June 2017
    fvsp1213 wrote: »
    Katla Ooooh! Sorry to hear about your broken finger! How did it happen? And LOL "cabana old fart". Too funny!

Cathy Very cute grandkids!

I walked a couple of miles today, went to Jazzercise class, and ran a bunch of errands. I am chilling, watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, eating homemade yogurt and raspberries. Life is good!

Karen in VIrginia

I love Miss Fisher. I think you are the first person I know of who watches it. Well, I think I heard of one other, once, but I can't remember where or whom. It's so much fun!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

I watch Phryne Fisher mysteries. :) I also read the books!

One of the reasons I like them is because the girl who plays Phryne Fisher is Tasmanian, and because they are set in and around Melbourne ... in areas I'm familiar with because I lived just north of Melbourne for a while. :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Allie, I agree that he should not be living with you. From what you have said before, you still cook. I know you do a lot f laundry so I d t know if you are doing his or not. But if you continue to do that, that is what he will see you as. And the idea of letting your work place know is a fabulous idea. I don't know if the building has a security department but it sure would help. I just wish that every one of us could be down there with you and surround you with the love you so deserve. We would also be an unpenetrable mass of women that Tom can not break through to get to you. Why can't a second party like a lawyer office take care of selling the car. That way he isn't taking it down there and trying t keep out of sight and kind of disappear.

ME.ody had her vet appointment today. She weighs 12 pounds and the vet said she sent really overweight but a more ideal weight would be 11 pounds. I was surprised how Melody acted. I knew I couldn't get her in my pet carrier so Charlie had some errands and took us. I know they say you shouldn't hold your pet on your lap but have me in a carrier but that is what we did. She was quite comfortable and relaxed going home. In fact after we got home, she stood at the door and howled for awhile. It was 72 degrees later this evening so I opened the window in the living room and they enjoyed sitting in the window sill. I have tried to wear Mr Mozart down this evening but he is t in bed no. me.eody is sound asleep on her afghan at the end of my bed.

JOce, Indiana
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Morning, No sleep for me, too wound up from my friend's final concert. I work in a tough school community and working with this wonderful woman has been such a joy, saying goodbye to our working relationship is bittersweet. I know we will keep in touch but it's going to be changed.

Lenore your advice about UTI was exactly what I did and boy did it help!!

Becca hope you enjoyed every minute of your son's graduation!!

Barbie have fun on your road trip to line dancing with your friend!

Gonna be super suddenly hot this weekend- gonna have to put in the air conditioners before things get unbearable.
    NYKAREN
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Didn't realize they would be sideways. Going to post one of my favourite photos. The traditional Christmas decorating day at Grandma's. We always decorate at my house first because Jheri's tree never goes up until after Christmas. We do the tree, the house decorating, bake some cookies, have some hot chocolate and sing Christmas carols
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Well, crap. I guess I will do it tomorrow. Mind has shut off.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Good morning ladies rainy miserable day here

ALLIE - stay strong

I too watch Miss Fisher, great fun and love the clothes

Still loving pics of grands and fur babies

Off to exercise now will check in later

Kate UK <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Saturday and I am up at 4am again to get DYS off to work. As an early morning person, I don't really mind getting up this early. I started sprinkling at 4:15, too dark to walk, so the walk will have to wait until after I am back from doing the grocery shopping. The down side to sprinkling this early is the darkness. Moving the sprinkler by flashlight, managed to spook a couple of bunnies and myself! Challenge Day 10: 45 jacks, 105 squats, 65 crunches, and 1 minute plank. AFter groceries and errands, I have another day of yard work. Today, I get to use a chainsaw for the first time. A little scary, but exciting! I need to trim dead branches off the lower portions of about three pine trees, begin trimming a dead tree (that will be coming down either this weekend or next), and cut up the unsalvageable picnic table. All into the burn pit, with the tree stump that one of my daycare daddies pulled out yesterday as he dropped his boys off. LOL! That stump (and the hole it left) was quite exciting for the boys! They spent about an hour finding all kinds of creepy crawlies and bringing them to me (thank you- no thank you). Then they all had to take turns standing in the hole. I didn't have my camera on hand, but I wish I did. It looked like I was "growing" boys. I am thinking of not filling the hole right away, so I can get a picture of one of the boys in it while the others "tend" to him with a watering can and a rake. I think it would make a good photo for my daycare site page or for business cards.
    Allie- (((hugs))) stay strong! Keep that Rocky music playing in your head.
    Katla- Sorry about your finger! Hope it heals well!
    Heather- Love the quote! It brings to mind, of being in my 30s (probably my worst decade, as far as feeling good about myself), and bemoaning the fact that I wasn't the girl/woman that I used to be. I think, when we are young, we buy into the fact that we need to hold on to our youth/youthful exuberance and thoughts. It took me so long to realize that my life is a series of versions of me. It's like phone upgrades. As we age, we become a different, hopefully better, version of ourselves. My dh has often accused me of not being the girl he married. "Of course I am not and Thank God for that!"
    Hugs, warm thoughts and prayers to those who need or want them. gotta get busy ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

P.S. gratitude journal going great. I have been writing five things each day. Yesterday, my butt made the list! I may have gained weight as I have aged, but my butt still looks good. The squats are helping! LOL! Just thought I'd share. I like my legs and butt because they are strong. Do you all have a body part that you like, or are proud/thankful for?
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    edited June 2017
    Morning Ladies~
    He has accepted the fact, and I just looked it up he has 21 days to respond or then we proceed without him.. but he will get a lawyer.. it will all be fine until we get the attorneys talking and he finds out that I want the Florida house..then things could get nasty..but not to worry..he said this morning, we have to start hoeing out the house of stuff we dont want.. and he is right,, so that will be on the docket for the weekend..and next as I have them off..
    Thank you for all the love~ it is so wonderful having so many wonderful sister's from far and wide that have my back...
    Chris in Ma. yes we are close enough we should get together sometime xoxo
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Good morning everyone! Beautiful weather so nice to be able to be outside!

Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-20X10X35

June Move Your @$$ Challenge
    I will take at least one 2.5 mile walk today.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Lisa~ Believe me I know how he is..but not gonna let him get to me.. we are in the donate and chuck mode ,20 yrs of accumulation .. so i have done 2 closets so far...Tom took Homer and went to the dump
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Margaret ~ What a kind gesture you made for the little boy. Glad school is out for you!

Carol in GA