total cal 841
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Checking in to mark my place.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca - You the 'baby of the family'? Do your sisters still 'act like you can't get in out of the rain'? Mine do, sometimes. But, they were always protective of me when a neighbor, Harriett, would pick on me just to make me cry. We're close, now that we are older. Just 3 years between us, almost exactly.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) About 90 minutes in the morning is a good amount of time for me to work on my rock project in the front yard. I get a lot done and my back is still OK for walking dogs, riding the exercise bike, and dancing. It's not too warm so I can wear long pants and long sleeves and garden gloves.

:) My current audio book is "Exodus " Very thought provoking

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot this:

Beth - how wonderful for your son! Hope things get better for your hubby

Came home from mahjongg, made some chocolate bran muffins, now doing a load of dishes. Will empty the dishwasher before I go to bed
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    NYKaren: I love this quotation. Thank you. "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% is how I react to it". Charles Swindoll

Lenora: I have grown orchids and have one pot right now. I buy them at the store and they're lovely for a long time, then they go into a dormant phase and I buy a new one. I've never had an orchid rebloom although I tried for a year or two to get one to bloom again. I've given up on that. Good luck! :cry:

Becca: Good news for your DH. Yay! I hope healing goes well. Your sister and her new husband look lovely as does your other sister. Beautiful smiles run in your family. :smiley:

Tracie in WI: I hope your surgery goes very well. :flowerforyou:

I have a new "cast" on my finger. It is much more comfortable and the folks in the doctor's office said I can ride tomorrow if I like. They want the cast to set for several hours before I do anything that puts pressure on it. It is dramatically more comfortable and I can type better. It is a very small "cast." There is a layer of something that looks like thin plastic foam that stiffens and is topped by a stretchy bandage material.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, so glad your husbands surgery went well. Hope it continues to be open.

Re!!!!!! You look fabulous???? Since you took a hiatus, I never knew what kind of a female I was when I checked in. You always had wonderful names to call all us girls.

Heather, again, you are living my dream. A cruise of the Baltic Sea? Just wow. I have a friend who loves to go abroad and she is take a cruise that will show her many palaces on one of the big rivers, I can't remember what it is.

Where to retire? Well I know Evansville Indiana isn't the best place as I know some places have better taxes, etc. in fact we have some of the highest obesity and depression in the country. But it s home and I own it. The house is big enough when the kids some there is plenty of room for fun and we have our big Thanksgiving meal here. So I am content to just be here.

Speaking of being here,we had a guy come out to start up a quote and design on landscaping. One good thing about landscaping is we don't have to do it all now. If my spend thrift husband would allow it, this company also has maintenance plans so we wouldn't have t d much to maintain our lawn. They could mow the lawn, rake the leaves, shovel the snow, put fresh mulch in, assist me is planting annuals, etc. they can even clean my house. Charlie told him we have a budget of $3000, I told him we could go higher. He will work up a design. Along with pictures of plants an email them to me.

Speaking of dear husband, he has to renew his drivers license in July and our car registrations are due in June. The registration papers are wrong that they sent in the mail so I suggested he just go down and do them all at the same time. Oh no, in his mind, he shouldn't do his drivers license for another month so they can't be done at the same time.

He set out to get some new pants today. He insists on shopping at Walmart. It is awful going shopping with him. He takes so long to decide. He Inge he should still have a 36 in waist and so that is what he tries on and if they don't fit, you just don't buy. Another thing he does to check the fit is stand in front of the mirror outside the changing room checking his crouch with his hand. With his Parkinson's, it is getting difficult for him to do the buttons on the waist, especially new ones. Well most of them on his present pants have popped off so he just doesn't buckle them. With his ileostomy, he now wears his shirt outside his pants so I have suggested until I am blue in the face suspenders and elastic pants. No, that isn't what he is used to so that can not be what he has now. MEN? Can't live with them and can't live without them.

JOyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Sending my best wishes to all the suffering husband's. <3Beth - that sounds miserable! I hope they sort it out soon.
    Becca - Wishing him a speedy recovery.

My lovely DH had a bad night with anxiety attacks. :'( He didn't wake me up, thank goodness. I think booking the cruise excursions set him off a bit, plus he hasn't been feeling well recently, with a bad chest. Plus he was a bit worried about his younger daughter, who rang him up last week upset about her boyfriend troubles. Dumped by yet another man. She is 44 and not lucky in love. I hope this won't last long for him. He has got better at dealing with it. In its full blown form it can result in horrible panic attacks in the night that go on for weeks.

Today I have yoga and we are food shopping together this afternoon in our little town. It has independent shops and a great high street. Old fashioned in the best sense. We will look for a birthday card for his sister and visit the fishmonger. Plus there is a farm shop for veggies. We always look in the butcher for interesting items. Take some books to the charity shop.
    To me it always feels a bit like France there, going from shop to shop and talking to the owners. B)

Must wash my hair. Bye! Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, Awake too early, what else is new? Too much on my mind. My DH and DD flew out to vegas/Grand Canyon for a 5-day daddy daughter trip. They are so alike and I love that this is how they bond.

Heatwave today and a long to do list at work. Take care everyone. NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ALLIE- keep strong

105 Squats with KB
    1min 30 secs Plank
    45 min Leslie Sansone vid
    30 KB Swings

Kate UK <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Allie, so proud of you... do you notice it's all in the future and you're still working while he's retired? Stick to it, kiddo. Knowing his secret about the girlfriend means you are stronger than he is, because he still thinks you believe the lies. He will continue to wear you down, cycling from begging to anger... just hang in, it's not far from over.

Lisa in West Texas